KFC, Churches, or Popeyes ?

milehiiu

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Chicken and Chorizo....I stopped reading at that....one of my favorite combos of all time...that right there looks amaze-balls!! Oh...it's lunch time....now I'm really starving lol!

Same for me on chicken and chorizo. I'm going to have to get my miles in today....feel some Mexican coming on for dinner now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Been to Torchy's many times...Kingwood, The Woodlands, San Marcos...

Great off the beaten path tacos...Love the Trailer Park Hillbilly Style...

image.png.8b44c4305eda3cde54e29f9ec8a37384.png

I know fried chicken doesn't sound like it belongs on a taco, but it works pretty well...I've had probably 5 or 6 other menu selections, and they were all good...

A bit expensive for tacos, but I've never been to one when it wasn't packed...

I used to work with mostly Hispanics. They will make a taco out of anything. Whatever they are eating comes with about 2 dozen tortillas. 

Watched a guy once pull the fried chicken off the leg with a corn tortilla and eat it.  Pizza rolls, ramen, even cheeseburgers. Nothing off limits. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess since they have chicken tacos it's relevant to the thread but does anyone have an opinion or tried Torchy's Tacos? Based out of Austin, Texas but have been rapidly expanding. Just announced they are opening another Indiana location in Fishers.

Friend of mine has been inquiring about franchises and was curious from anyone on here who has had them what they think of menu, price, taste,etc....

I reached out to the owner of the corporation to try and become a sign vendor of their Indiana locations. A friend of mine that travels to Texas quite a bit really like them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I reached out to the owner of the corporation to try and become a sign vendor of their Indiana locations. A friend of mine that travels to Texas quite a bit really like them. 

Everything I've read says their legit...and the feedback from you guys as well. Thanks!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess since they have chicken tacos it's relevant to the thread but does anyone have an opinion or tried Torchy's Tacos? Based out of Austin, Texas but have been rapidly expanding. Just announced they are opening another Indiana location in Fishers.

Friend of mine has been inquiring about franchises and was curious from anyone on here who has had them what they think of menu, price, taste,etc....

The one in Jeffersonville looks big on the map. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BDB said:

The best chicken that i have had is from a Kwik Star gas station.

There are some food joints inside some gas stations (convienent stores) down here in Fort Myers area that are legit good. Some of the best tacos (and if I needed assurance the lines of hispanic day workers lined up outside at breakfast and lunch), fried chicken, and pizza around. People have realized in some of these areas rent/locations are almost impossible to afford or even come by in highly residential areas or commercial office areas but there is still always these gas stations that are all too happy to rent out 1/2 or a 1/4 of their facility to help drive traffic from the food business.

6 hours ago, BDB said:

The best chicken that i have had is from a Kwik Star gas station.

It's funny how some out of the way places (or least expected) have the best food. Up until recently the best fried chicken I've had was at Dell Rhea's (outside of Chicago), a diner on Maxwell St in Chicago (don't remember name) and a taco joint near back home where I grew up but their fried chicken was on point.

For the Indy area folks. If you like Fried Chicken/Soul Food.....go to His Place Eatery at 30th and Shadeland. Caleb Jones (IU Offensive Tackle) Dad and Mom own the place. Honestly some of the best Fried Chicken and food I've had in a looooong time. Every time I go there I want to try other things on menu but I keep going back to their fried chicken. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, Seeking6 said:

It's funny how some out of the way places (or least expected) have the best food. Up until recently the best fried chicken I've had was at Dell Rhea's (outside of Chicago), a diner on Maxwell St in Chicago (don't remember name) and a taco joint near back home where I grew up but their fried chicken was on point.

For the Indy area folks. If you like Fried Chicken/Soul Food.....go to His Place Eatery at 30th and Shadeland. Caleb Jones (IU Offensive Tackle) Dad and Mom own the place. Honestly some of the best Fried Chicken and food I've had in a looooong time. Every time I go there I want to try other things on menu but I keep going back to their fried chicken. 

I love some good fried Chicken. I hope to eat there soon. I am in that area quote a bit, might have to give it a try

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:57 PM, dgambill said:

There are some food joints inside some gas stations (convienent stores) down here in Fort Myers area that are legit good. Some of the best tacos (and if I needed assurance the lines of hispanic day workers lined up outside at breakfast and lunch), fried chicken, and pizza around. People have realized in some of these areas rent/locations are almost impossible to afford or even come by in highly residential areas or commercial office areas but there is still always these gas stations that are all too happy to rent out 1/2 or a 1/4 of their facility to help drive traffic from the food business.

Last time I was in Fort Meyers working north of Martin Luther King JR Blvd there was a guy selling chicken out of his house and it was probably some of the best chicken I've ever had. You could smell it cooking all through the neighbor lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Last time I was in Fort Meyers working north of Martin Luther King JR Blvd there was a guy selling chicken out of his house and it was probably some of the best chicken I've ever had. You could smell it cooking all through the neighbor lol.

If you will cook it,  they will come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

There is a fish shack in Montgomery called Stop n Sea

that has been there as long as I can remember.  Best fish sandwiches I've had anywhere. Good burgers too.

They are permanently closing on September 1st which makes me sad.

If you ever go through Terre Haute (yeah, I know... I was born there) try a fish sandwich at The Bush Restaurant. Use to be The Bramble Bush when friends of my Mom and Dad owned it back in the day, but they've always had a great fish sandwich and a pretty righteous pork tenderloin too... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If you ever go through Terre Haute (yeah, I know... I was born there) try a fish sandwich at The Bush Restaurant. Use to be The Bramble Bush when friends of my Mom and Dad owned it back in the day, but they've always had a great fish sandwich and a pretty righteous pork tenderloin too... 

I go through a few times a yeah to visit the in laws. I'll check it out sometime. 

• Like 1