Big Ten 2020-2021

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Down here in Evansville, I can't believe that our local newspaper has mostly Purdont stuff in it. Recent article says Purdont is good this year, but will be very good next year!! Then today, an article about what they must do in the 2nd half of the season to be a contender for the top half of the B1G.

Kinda depressing for a Hoosier fan....

You can thank Archie and Crean for that...let’s be real until we start beating Purdue or at minimum start making tournament runs they own this state...and rightfully so. Only thing is I lived in Evansville for like a decade...if UK wasn’t a turd this year it would be all UK news.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Refs just stole 2 points from Iowa. Cockburn blocks a layup attempt by Wieskamp, who immediately puts it back in for 2 while the officials blow the whistle for a goal tend. They then head to the monitor and overturn the call, negating everything that happened afterward. 

The funny part (to me at least) was I think a big reason the refs called the goal tend was he's right in front of the Iowa bench and they are all screaming for it. 😂

34 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Would be tickled if we went 10-10 in the B1G this year.

Weird schedule coming with many revenge motivations on our end and opponents. If we beat Illinois....5-5 with Iowa coming to town. Maybe they have revenge on brain so we go to 5-6. After that 4 winnable games vs Northwestern (revenge), Ohio St (still not sold on), Minnesota (away for them where they suck), Sparty (who we own)...followed by at Rutgers (revenge), Michigan (not sure), at Purdue (revenge).

In this season with zero fans....you never know what might be the proper motivation for a team. Beat Illinois is first on the docket. After that I'm all over the place on final record. Right now we are 23 in Kenpom and if tourney started tomorrow...we'd be in no questions.

• Like 3

Forgot that Purdue and Minnesota was playing tonight.  PU is up 59-45 but trailed by 5 at half.  Minnesota just have a hard time playing on the road.  They are shooting well from 3 at 40 percent but overall only shooting 36 percent.  To me it is ridiculous for a team to shoot that bad from 2.  Most of the 2's shot today are in the lane do you should shoot a really good percentage.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Forgot that Purdue and Minnesota was playing tonight.  PU is up 59-45 but trailed by 5 at half.  Minnesota just have a hard time playing on the road.  They are shooting well from 3 at 40 percent but overall only shooting 36 percent.  To me it is ridiculous for a team to shoot that bad from 2.  Most of the 2's shot today are in the lane do you should shoot a really good percentage.

Same. Didn't even know Purdue was playing tonight. As always...says plenty. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What a tale of two halves. Purdue was pretty mediocre in the first half and caught fire in the second. Newman going off for 29 didn’t hurt either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird schedule coming with many revenge motivations on our end and opponents. If we beat Illinois....5-5 with Iowa coming to town. Maybe they have revenge on brain so we go to 5-6. After that 4 winnable games vs Northwestern (revenge), Ohio St (still not sold on), Minnesota (away for them where they suck), Sparty (who we own)...followed by at Rutgers (revenge), Michigan (not sure), at Purdue (revenge).

In this season with zero fans....you never know what might be the proper motivation for a team. Beat Illinois is first on the docket. After that I'm all over the place on final record. Right now we are 23 in Kenpom and if tourney started tomorrow...we'd be in no questions.

Would still be tickled if we went 10-10.  I know I have asked this a few times, but is anyone able to get on a site that shows predictors for our remaining games at this point?  I know it's not the end all be all, but I'm just curious how that shakes out prediction wise.  I would still think we would be underdogs in literally all games left.  I don't think we're going 0 for, but odds are not good to go above .500 the rest of the way.   

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Would still be tickled if we went 10-10.  I know I have asked this a few times, but is anyone able to get on a site that shows predictors for our remaining games at this point?  I know it's not the end all be all, but I'm just curious how that shakes out prediction wise.  I would still think we would be underdogs in literally all games left.  I don't think we're going 0 for, but odds are not good to go above .500 the rest of the way.   

I saw this on another site I was looking at last night.  It does not include the two games that have been postponed.  

According to ESPN, likelihood to win in the rest of our games.. 

Illinois 40%

Iowa 31%

Northwestern 63.5%

Ohio State 34.3%

Minnesota 69.4%

Michigan State 70.9%

Rutgers 48.1%

Michigan 39.6%

Purdue 49%

Clearly the first Iowa game shows that these aren't the be all end all.  However, it does give an idea of the challenge that lies ahead.  Hopefully we get things together to get to that 10-10 conference record you mentioned.  

Edited by Parakeet Jones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I saw this on another site I was looking at last night.  It does not include the two games that have been postponed.  

According to ESPN, likelihood to win in the rest of our games.. 

Illinois 40%

Iowa 31%

Northwestern 63.5%

Ohio State 34.3%

Minnesota 69.4%

Michigan State 70.9%

Rutgers 48.1%

Michigan 39.6%

Purdue 49%

Clearly the first Iowa game shows that these aren't the be all end all.  However, it does give an idea of the challenge that lies ahead.  Hopefully we get things together to get to that 10-10 conference record you mentioned.  

Thanks!  This is what I have been curious about.  So by whatever measures used for this system, they predict us to go 7-11.  This year home/road doesn't matter nearly as much and we have definitely seen that anything can happen.  Match-ups mean a lot for sure.  

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Thanks!  This is what I have been curious about.  So by whatever measures used for this system, they predict us to go 7-11.  This year home/road doesn't matter nearly as much and we have definitely seen that anything can happen.  Match-ups mean a lot for sure.  

I don't think that's the best way to look at those numbers. If they gave us a 49% chance of winning each game, I don't think we can say that we should go 0-9. If we average those percentages up, we get 49.5 by my math, so they are predicting we will win 4.458 more games. 

7 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

MSU looks terrible. Not impressed with either team. 

Hopefully we can beat one of them.

Yeah...Izzo has a very average group.  Nobody shoots very well and they don't have that typical Izzo defensive toughness.  They're just very...smh.  JMHO.  😋   No NBA players on this team.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't think that's the best way to look at those numbers. If they gave us a 49% chance of winning each game, I don't think we can say that we should go 0-9. If we average those percentages up, we get 49.5 by my math, so they are predicting we will win 4.458 more games. 

That's fair.  I think we are capable of winning just about any of them and capable of losing just about any of them.  I just think we'll end below .500 in conference.  Going by that stat, it would be fair to say the predictor would be surprised if we ended .500 or above.  

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Something deep down inside of me says the Boilers finish top 4 in the B1G.

They have some holes in their roster but they are coming together quite well. With everyone coming back next year (I don’t see any NBA picks) I would put them preseason #1 in the B1G for next year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have some holes in their roster but they are coming together quite well. With everyone coming back next year (I don’t see any NBA picks) I would put them preseason #1 in the B1G for next year.

Def some holes but the freshmen have been better than advertised and we’re the youngest team in the conference. I’d hold off on preseason #1. Depends who Michigan loses IMO.