Big Ten 2020-2021

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard it is pretty bad out there.  Man now weather cancellation so to me I see no way of making all of these games up.

Agree. They’ll probably push the B1G tourney as a way for teams to get extra games and not make up the Covid/Weather cancellations.  

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Sounds like the situation with Purdue’s plane last night was pretty serious. Apparently fire trucks and emergency personnel were waiting at the IND airport in case the landing wasn’t traditional. Apparently players are pretty shook up about it. Thankfully they were okay. 

Thank god it didn't turn out worse.  It was like UM going to the BTT a few years ago where the plane ran off the run way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I bet Scott is rolling his eyes at the Purdue-Maryland halftime score. 

Well I am watching Iowa and MSU and these teams are actually scoring.  With just under 12 minutes in the first half MSU is up 26-17.  Are you telling me that you don't think there is an offensive problem in college basketball because only scoring in the 20's for a half is horrible.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Trevion Williams has become a heckuva basketball player.  

TJD could certainly take a lesson from Trevion in shot fakes, pivoting, and using his body to knock his defender off kilter a little when scoring on the interior. Williams and Garza (obviously) are the 2 best at those skills in our league.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Maryland has won games at Wisconsin, at Minnesota and at Illinois, but has yet to win a home game. How is that possible? 

I'm sure there is a reason and probably a logical one but I'm with you. Winning at 2 of the hardest places in the conference (Wiscy and Minnesota) as well as beating an above average at Illinois team just doesn't make sense. 

Hopefully Maryland can put one in the W column. Need this whole conference to bunch up so the NCAA Tourney committee has no choice but to take everyone.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Purdue about to win another road game. I don't know why they're able to achieve the results they do while we struggle every year. They don't have any inherent advantages over us as a program. 

Culture and Painter recruits to that Culture.  The ayer development seems to be a lot better as well