Big Ten 2020-2021

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought Wisconsin would win the league. I have to take the L on that one.  Their talent level already capped out by last year and other teams have gotten better and blown by them this year. 

My prediction has not been great either. I thought UM and OSU would finish 7th and 8th.  Also I thought IU would be 5th LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish these guys who go to the rim would go up strong and go through the defender and not double pump and fall away.  Last night in the pacers game they were down 1 with 10 seconds to go and had the ball.  Turner a 6'11 guy went to the basket and was met in the paint by 6'7 ball with his arms straight up.  Instead of Turner going straight up and going through Ball he made himself small by fading away and missed a shot with 2 seconds to go and lost.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to believe we lost to either of these teams...Northwestern looks like they will never win another game again...Purdue looks like doo doo without Williams in the game. SMH....

At the first of the year and watching Purdue I thought Ivey would be a candidate to transfer.  He took a lot of bad shots and just didn't look liked a Painter player.  Now he is looking really good and might be a star in the big ten.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At the first of the year and watching Purdue I thought Ivey would be a candidate to transfer.  He took a lot of bad shots and just didn't look liked a Painter player.  Now he is looking really good and might be a star in the big ten.

I’ve liked Ivey for a long time...hated he went to Purdue..always hoped he went to ND.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to believe we lost to either of these teams...Northwestern looks like they will never win another game again...Purdue looks like doo doo without Williams in the game. SMH....

Will be really nice when we don’t have to rely on guys like Wheeler and Thompson next year. Too many lineups with guys who have too many deficiencies. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you think similar things about Carsen when he was a freshman?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You think both will transfer

Ehh not sure. I could see Wheeler transferring like Jacqueil Taylor a few years back. With Kaufman and Furst coming in, he won’t get much time next year especially with how well Gillis has been playing. Gillis has really impressed me this year. I could see Thompson staying but I think once Morton gets up to speed and with the development of Ivey, not sure how many minutes Thompson gets. He’s a liability on defense and his only plus ability is as a spot-up shooter. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh not sure. I could see Wheeler transferring like Jacqueil Taylor a few years back. With Kaufman and Furst coming in, he won’t get much time next year especially with how well Gillis has been playing. Gillis has really impressed me this year. I could see Thompson staying but I think once Morton gets up to speed and with the development of Ivey, not sure how many minutes Thompson gets. He’s a liability on defense and his only plus ability is as a spot-up shooter. 

I would think you might see some guard or wing players transferring since you have so many.  Unless a guy like Morton is patient and waits his turn but unfortunate that is rare in todays college basketball.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think you might see some guard or wing players transferring since you have so many.  Unless a guy like Morton is patient and waits his turn but unfortunate that is rare in todays college basketball.

Certainly possible. I’d peg Wheeler as the most likely. He should have his degree and could see him go somewhere he can get more minutes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And it helps when your opponent only gets 11 FTs...

They shot a ton of 3’s and 12 of our free throws were at the end when NW had to foul. Take away those 6 fouls of theirs at the end and it’s pretty comparable both in fouls and FT’s between both teams. Don’t think NW has much to complain about re the whistle tonight IMO.