Big Ten 2020-2021

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ivey did his best Devonte Green impersonation tonight.  Kid needs to stop reading and listening to how good he is and just play.  Ball needs to go to Trevion more.  Ivey has a chance to be a star but needs to realize he isn’t one yet.  Ivey can win and lose you games, he lost this one for them.

Honestly he just needs to focus a lot more on taking it to the rim. When he does, he’s pretty difficult to defend. I can’t remember the last guy we had who could break a defense down like he can. Should really only shoot open 3’s right now IMO. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

32 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Boiler, what is this all about?

There was a whistle maybe a fraction of a second before the buzzer when Purdue fouled after Stefanovic airballed the 3. The officials considered putting time back on the clock, but ultimately didn't. I'm not sure why Purdue would think it mattered. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Honestly he just needs to focus a lot more on taking it to the rim. When he does, he’s pretty difficult to defend. I can’t remember the last guy we had who could break a defense down like he can. Should really only shoot open 3’s right now IMO. 

He’s a scorer not a shooter.  Similar to Vic.  Just seems to me he’s worried about his right now instead of what’s best for the team. 🤷🏼‍♂️

42 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Ivey did his best Devonte Green impersonation tonight.  Kid needs to stop reading and listening to how good he is and just play.  Ball needs to go to Trevion more.  Ivey has a chance to be a star but needs to realize he isn’t one yet.  Ivey can win and lose you games, he lost this one for them.

I'd take Gillis over Ivey any day...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't remember anyone crying for us when Brian Butch did the same to us when Wisconsin beat us.

I think that puts Purdue at 8-6. I'll give them this they have some very good wins. They also have one of the easiest Big 10 schedules going. I feel like this is almost their 9th or 10th single digit win or loss this year.

Tonight didn't work. No more no less. With Sparty, Nebraska, Penn St coming up you'll be ok...but scheduling has played an advantage this year. Not huge...but certainly an advantage. 

Until we beat them I won’t be belittling anything about their record or schedule. At least they take advantage of their schedule for the most part...we have shown we struggle to win against everyone.