Big Ten 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

I hate to admit this...Ivey for Purdue is going to be really good

He's got the tools...not sure about the head though...I've seen him take Purdue out if a couple of games.

My other question is, how long is he going to be at Purdue?

I think they get one more year out of him max...

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He's got the tools...not sure about the head though...I've seen him take Purdue out if a couple of games.

My other question is, how long is he going to be at Purdue?

I think they get one more year out of him max...

I think itā€™s a freshman thing tbh. Iā€™m hoping for at least 3 years from him. Heā€™s got a fantastic role model in his mom I think his head will be fine. Nothing like Eastern IMO.Ā 

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For some reason I see him as the type of player who will be looking to leave as soon as he thinks he can do it.

Whyā€™s that? I wouldnā€™t be surprised if his mom wants him to get his degree tbh. Unless heā€™s a guaranteed lottery pick or something.Ā 

Edited by Stlboiler23

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think itā€™s a freshman thing tbh. Iā€™m hoping for at least 3 years from him. Heā€™s got a fantastic role model in his mom I think his head will be fine. Nothing like Eastern IMO.Ā 

I'm with Scott...I don't think there's any way you see a 3rd year out of him.

He's got talent. The NBA will see that and he'll be on some draft boards and he'll go...

Just my opinion...

So UM has played 10 conference games so far so if the try to make up ever game thatĀ  means they have 10 left.Ā  It is like 24 days until the BTT starts so I don't see any way possible to make all of those up.Ā  You won't want to go past the Sunday before the tournament starts so that would be like 10 games in 21 days.

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Whyā€™s that? I wouldnā€™t be surprised if his mom wants him to get his degree tbh. Unless heā€™s a guaranteed lottery pick or something.Ā 

Well after the first few games where he didn't look like a Painter player I thought he could transfer.Ā  He has improved so much and he has a NBA game so I think he will not play 4 years

Just a general comment from this IU fan. For the life of me can we please stop saying Underwood at Illinois is building a good program? Half his fan base wanted him fired last year after losses to Miami and Missouri.

The only reason they aren't battling Maryland and Northwestern for records this year is because Ayo was A)not developed enough to still get drafted B) Covid hit and C)Kofi wasn't developed enough or D) Covid hit...

Underwood is the recipient of some very lucky times....but please don't anyone think he's developing a program. Antigua went back to his ways. Got Kofi out of nowhere when the fanbase wanted him gone. When Antigua leaves again....Illinois will go back to the 6-14 ways.

PS...Underwood. Stephen F, Kansas St, Oklahoma St...and I can say 50/50 right now on when Illinois lands in trouble. The guy isn't changing his spots.Ā 

Rant over. Sorry.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So UM has played 10 conference games so far so if the try to make up ever game thatĀ  means they have 10 left.Ā  It is like 24 days until the BTT starts so I don't see any way possible to make all of those up.Ā  You won't want to go past the Sunday before the tournament starts so that would be like 10 games in 21 days.

The fraud B1G will try to protect Mich and keep them as a one seed if they have any say in it. Ā  Sort of like O$U in football - theyā€™ll work with Mich to see what they want to do. Mich will dictate and not the other way around.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment from this IU fan. For the life of me can we please stop saying Underwood at Illinois is building a good program? Half his fan base wanted him fired last year after losses to Miami and Missouri.

The only reason they aren't battling Maryland and Northwestern for records this year is because Ayo was A)not developed enough to still get drafted B) Covid hit and C)Kofi wasn't developed enough or D) Covid hit...

Underwood is the recipient of some very lucky times....but please don't anyone think he's developing a program. Antigua went back to his ways. Got Kofi out of nowhere when the fanbase wanted him gone. When Antigua leaves again....Illinois will go back to the 6-14 ways.

PS...Underwood. Stephen F, Kansas St, Oklahoma St...and I can say 50/50 right now on when Illinois lands in trouble. The guy isn't changing his spots.Ā 

Rant over. Sorry.Ā 

Agree, but Curbelo and Miller look like solid freshman. Ā Heā€™ll hit the JUCO market. Ā And also, he adjusted his defensive style. Ā  Ā I hate Illannoy, but donā€™t think heā€™s completely terrible. Ā 
Ā 

The way to beat ILL is basically stop Ayo from driving to his right. Ā Itā€™s so much easier said than done, but thatā€™s the key. Ā Force him to pass and let everyone else shoot. Ā  And Kofi is simply a good college player because heā€™s massive. Ā Thatā€™s it. Ā  Ā Heā€™s average talent IMO.Ā 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rant over. Sorry.Ā 

Oh no doubt. Definitely shady as shit. When I saw they hired Antigua I laughed. Slimy AF.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rant over. Sorry.Ā 

Like it or not, Illinois is in a much better spot than we are right now. That's really all that matters. Underwood even has a winning record against us now (something we took solace in the first couple years). They were godawful in his first year and even when they were 0-8 in conference they still beat us. Are they fortunate Ayo and Kofi stuck around? Yes, but acting like it's some sort of failure on Underwood's part is silly. He has a top 10 team and we have a team that hasn't been ranked in over 2 years. He's getting results. We're not.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2