Big Ten 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, rico said:

A lot of what Bonds and McGwire did was within MLB's rules at the time.Ā  I don't/didn't like it.Ā Ā 

And some wasn't...It robbed people of their legacy (Griffey Jr, Maris)...

And in answer to your other statement, no, I've never cheated on my taxes.Ā 

But, hey, as long as people who don't think integrity in life matters, if you can sleep peacefully at night, good on you...

Ā 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And some wasn't...It robbed people of their legacy (Griffey Jr, Maris)...

And in answer to your other statement, no, I've never cheated on my taxes.Ā 

But, hey, as long as people who don't think integrity in life matters, if you can sleep peacefully at night, good on you...

Ā 

You need to define integrity along with moral compasses...becauseĀ what I see in the realm of college sports aintĀ working for us on the hardwood.

13 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Tell that to 8 out of the last 12 national champions (at least).

And one has a "vacated" next to their name...You want that for IU? You think people look at the UNC academic stuff and don't ridicule that?

I presume you're saying that Virginia and Villanova are the only ones that are (supposedly) clean?

Well, why not shoot for that? Wouldn't that be a welcome alternative to skirting the rules?

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ā 

You said hereĀ that Illinois is only good either because Underwood didnā€™t develop Dosunmu and Cockburn, or because he got just gotĀ lucky they stayed because of COVID. Ā So which is it in your mind? Ā AndĀ youā€™ve been on the crusadeĀ that Underwood sucks and is going to be hurt in recruiting because he couldnā€™t develop Dosunmu into a pro for more thanĀ a year now, lol.

Underwoodā€™s done a better job at Illinois thanĀ Archie has at IU because heā€™s recruited better than Archie and won more than Archie. Ā As desperate as IU fans are right now to act like winningĀ actually doesnā€™t matter at all in college basketball, you really donā€™t have to look at anything beyond the fact that Illinois is on pace for two top five finishes in the conference in the past two seasons and IU hasnā€™t been anywhere close to that. Ā Then you have the fact that Underwood had that success after heĀ changed his system when heĀ realizedĀ itĀ wasnā€™t going to cut it in the Big TenĀ (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/court-report-illinois-is-ncaa-tournament-bound-because-brad-underwood-admitted-defeat-and-changed-his-style/amp/). Ā Itā€™s looking more likely that pigsĀ will fly thanĀ Archie will considerĀ doing something likeĀ that.

And yes, I am clearly on the record that I do not care at all about ā€œcheatingā€ in college basketball recruiting. Ā Iā€™d be thrilled to have a coach who was allowed to do whatever it takes to put a winning team on the floor, soĀ the Stephen F. Austin/Oklahoma State stuff is irrelevant to me.

Ā 

Underwood at UI- 62-54

Archie at IU 66-52

For your last paragraph that is what is wrong with this fan base becauseĀ Ā no IU fan should ever want cheating done here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This mentality is exactly why IU is where it is right now, and things arenā€™t going to change until itā€™s been abandoned by the university and the fanbase.Ā Ā Iā€™m a firm believer in the proposition that cheatingĀ in college basketball recruiting is the exact equivalent of speeding on the highway. Ā There are no penaltiesĀ and everyone does it. Ā CollegeĀ basketball isĀ entertainment, pure and simpleĀ ā€” as long as no oneā€™s getting hurt, I could care less about ā€œintegrity.ā€ Ā I mightĀ feelĀ differently if paying recruits wasnā€™t a foundational aspect of the entire sport from pretty much its inception, or if there were actual consequences for ā€œbreaking the rules.ā€

Again this kind of thinking is why this fan base has went to the crapper the last 15 or so years.Ā  There is no way any longtime IU fan would ever have this line of thinking and it is embarrassing.Ā 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment from this IU fan. For the life of me can we please stop saying Underwood at Illinois is building a good program? Half his fan base wanted him fired last year after losses to Miami and Missouri.

The only reason they aren't battling Maryland and Northwestern for records this year is because Ayo was A)not developed enough to still get drafted B) Covid hit and C)Kofi wasn't developed enough or D) Covid hit...

Underwood is the recipient of some very lucky times....but please don't anyone think he's developing a program. Antigua went back to his ways. Got Kofi out of nowhere when the fanbase wanted him gone. When Antigua leaves again....Illinois will go back to the 6-14 ways.

PS...Underwood. Stephen F, Kansas St, Oklahoma St...and I can say 50/50 right now on when Illinois lands in trouble. The guy isn't changing his spots.Ā 

Rant over. Sorry.Ā 

Ā 

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh no doubt. Definitely shady as shit. When I saw they hired Antigua I laughed. Slimy AF.Ā 

tenor.gif?itemid=12183291

Laughable to actually throw shade at Illinois about player development with All Americans Ayo and Kofi when Archie has done absolutely nothing with TJD and in fact he's gotten worse! Has developed ZERO offense outside of 2' from the hoop. But hey, maybe Archie will have "very lucky" times and he'll come back for another season.

BTW, all the continued references to SFA, OSU and KSU just reveal your complete cluelessness. This coming from fans ofĀ the program that hired Sampson and Crean!

And even the Purdue toady agrees...love it!Ā 

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ā 

Laughable to actually throw shade at Illinois about player development with All Americans Ayo and Kofi when Archie has done absolutely nothing with TJD and in fact he's gotten worse! Has developed ZERO offense outside of 2' from the hoop. But hey, maybe Archie will have "very lucky" times and he'll come back for another season.

BTW, all the continued references to SFA, OSU and KSU just reveal your complete cluelessness. This coming from fans ofĀ the program that hired Sampson and Crean!

I forgot about Illinois spotless history of athletic compliance:

https://www.thechampaignroom.com/platform/amp/2018/6/10/17422638/slush-fund-scandal-pay-for-play-illini-football-ncaa-pete-elliot-ole-miss

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-11-07-sp-3936-story.html?_amp=true

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ā 

Purdue West checks in...

Ā 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

ā€œWhat impressed you the most about Illinois?ā€

ā€œThe playersā€™ parking lotā€

Jud Heathcote

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1