Big Ten 2020-2021

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We should. I think we will too.Ā 

Hopefully we do. At that point despite all of the angst over yesterday's performance, IU will have won 4 out of 5 heading into the final 3 games.Ā 

Not bad momentum, you just would have liked to have seen a better effort yesterday even in a loss.Ā 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hopefully we do. At that point despite all of the angst over yesterday's performance, IU will have won 4 out of 5 heading into the final 3 games.Ā 

Not bad momentum, you just would have liked to have seen a better effort yesterday even in a loss.Ā 

Yep. For me yesterday was not about that we lost, it was about how we lost.Ā 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What I am worried about is if we have to make up those two road games.Ā  After MSU 2 of the 3 are on the road so if you add the other 2 road games it will be tough

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What I am worried about is if we have to make up those two road games.Ā  After MSU 2 of the 3 are on the road so if you add the other 2 road games it will be tough

With the revelation that Nebraska and Maryland will be playing back to back nights in College Park Tuesday and Wednesday tells me we're going to be making up games.Ā 

Maybe they'll schedule Michigan back to back on the 27th and 28th in Bloomington...or Sparty on the 20th and 21st...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

With the revelation that Nebraska and Maryland will be playing back to back nights in College Park Tuesday and Wednesday tells me we're going to be making up games.Ā 

Maybe they'll schedule Michigan back to back on the 27th and 28th in Bloomington...or Sparty on the 20th and 21st...

Well one of those series would have to be on the road.Ā  Maybe have the UM on the road since it will be hard to beat them no matter where we play.Ā  Also it could be hard beating the same team two days in a row

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well one of those series would have to be on the road.Ā  Maybe have the UM on the road since it will be hard to beat them no matter where we play.Ā  Also it could be hard beating the same team two days in a row

Maybe...B1G isn't going to let anyone get out of anything though. I think it'll be the full 20 game schedule for everybody...

5 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

This is one of my criticisms of Archie's actions...it is usually 15-20 seconds of movement all designed to get a post touch...but because we walk it up, that means TJD has about 8-9 seconds to make something happen when he gets it, so doubles can be aggressive with no time for us to make them pay...

BTW, crean was the king of this...all of his sets were designed with false movement where we wouldn't even look at the players moving because the whole thing was just to get a particular player the ball in a particular spot with either a ball screen or a clear out...super annoying

Good post. Ā Itā€™s pretty bad. Ā Without actually counting, it seems like we have 4-6 possessions a game that get squandered because we are pressed right before the shot clock goes off. Ā 

As Archie says, missed front end of a one and one is like a turnover. Well so are these! Ā And itā€™s happening too often to chalk it up to just one of those things. Ā 

• Like 3

If we can't take advantage of this home game against Minnesota I think that will tell all you need to know about this team.Ā  Minnesota played a late Sunday night game in Maryland and will fly all the way back to Minnesota.Ā  Then they will have to turn right around and fly to Bloomington on Tuesday.Ā  With the weather forecast that might no be an easy trip.Ā  IU played an early Saturday game and probably got back to Bloomington sometime in the early evening.Ā  So we should have all the advantages plus Minnesota is 0-7 on the road this year.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hope so...but no gimmes in our league...

I hope so too as we will obviously be in good shape for the tourney if we win the next two.
I think MSUā€™s only decent win was against Rutgers. Iā€™m not sure if injured players, Covid,etc were a factor/reasonĀ but MSU beat Rutgers by 23Ā and then lost to them by 30 a few weeks later. Ā Kind of crazy.

On ESPNU they are showing a HS game and both teams are from Minnesota.Ā  The #1 player in the country in Chet Holgrem and the other team has a 4 star big man who is going to Michigan.Ā  Not sure where Holgrem will end up but probably not Minnesota.Ā  If Minnesota had a coach who could keep the in state players in state they would be very good.

Also must be a Minnesota state rule for players to wear mask during the game.

Trevion Williams is a great post player. 2nd best in the B1G as far as I'm concerned. So tricky down low.

He's really good at using his body to create space, and he has such a soft touch around the rim. He and Edey have 18 of the Boilers 30 points.

Ā 

Edited by IUFLA