Big Ten 2020-2021

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A lot of Trice going one on one. Michigan's defense was stifling down the stretch.

They're going to beat Wisky again, and as good as OSU looked yesterday, I think the Wolverines are a better team. We'll have a tough time hanging with these guys.

Looked to me like the Badgers pulled all 5 guys outside then 1 guy would drive towards the hole and then either miss a contested lay up or kick outside for a 3.Ā  Works great when you drain the trey, not so good when you don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Watching this UM and UW there are so many possessions that goes end with the shot clock under 5.Ā  To me every pass, cut, screen should be an attempt to get an open look.Ā  It seems like today basketball that the offense is ran to get that one perfect look.Ā  Most of the first 20 seconds are just for show and does even gets you a look at a shot.

This is one of my criticisms of Archie's actions...it is usually 15-20 seconds of movement all designed to get a post touch...but because we walk it up, that means TJD has about 8-9 seconds to make something happen when he gets it, so doubles can be aggressive with no time for us to make them pay...

BTW, crean was the king of this...all of his sets were designed with false movement where we wouldn't even look at the players moving because the whole thing was just to get a particular player the ball in a particular spot with either a ball screen or a clear out...super annoying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mchenry34 said:

This is one of my criticisms of Archie's actions...it is usually 15-20 seconds of movement all designed to get a post touch...but because we walk it up, that means TJD has about 8-9 seconds to make something happen when he gets it, so doubles can be aggressive with no time for us to make them pay...

BTW, crean was the king of this...all of his sets were designed with false movement where we wouldn't even look at the players moving because the whole thing was just to get a particular player the ball in a particular spot with either a ball screen or a clear out...super annoying

The myth about RMK and his offense as being a slow down is just false.Ā  Watching the old games a lot of our shots occured in the first 15 seconds of the clock.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

After 12 minutes Maryland is up 29-10 over Minnesota.Ā  Can't believe that Minnesota is still not able to play on the road

I'm out in my shop doodling around and have it on. If you D up Minnesota, they start taking dumb shots.

One of the reasons I feel good about Wednesday's game is Rob on Marcus Carr.Ā