Big Ten 2020-2021

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like Purdue. Gets ranked and loses an absolute puzzler in last 20 seconds. Painter's February fade starting right on time...

Or it’s a young team without one of their starters that lost a road game in the toughest conference in basketball. 

Do his teams actually fade in February?

Edited by Stlboiler23

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I am watching Iowa and MSU and these teams are actually scoring.  With just under 12 minutes in the first half MSU is up 26-17.  Are you telling me that you don't think there is an offensive problem in college basketball because only scoring in the 20's for a half is horrible.

Just a light-hearted joke, nothing more. I agree that college offenses stink, especially our own. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Plenty of reasons why we lost that game. Too many turnovers, too many dry spells on offense, some bad D on our part, etc...

Those last possessions needed to go into Williams, not be left for Ivey to jack up and ill advised 3 and take a tough fall away. He wants to be "the man" and if you guys don't harness that, it'll hurt you.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Michigan is going to extend their pause in playing. Next weeks game vs Illinois is doubtful and Wisconsin unlikely too. That would make 6-7 games they'll have to make up. 

Will be interesting to see standings at the end of the year if teams are tied in terms of W/L but if one team has played more games. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Michigan is going to extend their pause in playing. Next weeks game vs Illinois is doubtful and Wisconsin unlikely too. That would make 6-7 games they'll have to make up. 

It seems like Neb has been out for a long time and they have only played 5 conference games. Most teams have played 9-11 games so there is no way they can make all of those games up.  If UM misses many more weeks they will be in the same boat or they are laready there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My understanding is they aren't extending the pause but want more practice time before playing games? Which I don't get...they'll have a couple of days before the 11th. If they cancel 2 more, there's no way they get them all in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

My understanding is they aren't extending the pause but want more practice time before playing games? Which I don't get...they'll have a couple of days before the 11th. If they cancel 2 more, there's no way they get them all in.

If I were guessing they want more time for conditioning. That goes first and it goes real quick as we all know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

That is one rule I hope never makes it to college basketball, along with the 24 second shot clock. 

It just doesn't make any sense at all. 

Shot clock needs to go back to 45 seconds.  With the college game getting younger the players can't play the NBA style of basketball.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Shot clock needs to go back to 45 seconds.  With the college game getting younger the players can't play the NBA style of basketball.

I kind of agree. A shortened shot clock means there is less time to run a good play or get into your offensive set, so teams will start jacking more 3s than they already do.