Big Ten 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Def some holes but the freshmen have been better than advertised and we’re the youngest team in the conference. I’d hold off on preseason #1. Depends who Michigan loses IMO. 

Yeah 1-2 with you guys right there. I don’t know who will come back for them but you guys should be really good. 

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have some holes in their roster but they are coming together quite well. With everyone coming back next year (I don’t see any NBA picks) I would put them preseason #1 in the B1G for next year.

And prolly top 10 in the country.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lots of the one and done factories are going to have most of their talent back.  Not sure Purdue will be top 10 but definitely top 20.  They have a good young core, frankly one I’m extremely jealous of.

I’ll be interested to see who has a bigger impact between Furst and Kaufman next year. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’ll be interested to see who has a bigger impact between Furst and Kaufman next year. 

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if neither has much impact at all.  They’ll both get minutes but who’s minutes from this year will they take other than Wheelers possibly?? Edey and Williams will both be better than Furst and Kaufman is going to be behind Gill, Ivey, Newman, to name a few.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if neither has much impact at all.  They’ll both get minutes but who’s minutes from this year will they take other than Wheelers possibly?? Edey and Williams will both be better than Furst and Kaufman is going to be behind Gill, Ivey, Newman, to name a few.  

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Painter convinces one of them to redshirt. He is just so good at playing the long game and managing his roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

If Purdue is on top of the B1G next year then the B1G must be having a down year.  😃

Michigan will likely lead the B1G next season.

I was thinking about Michigan too.  How much of their success is a hold over from The culture Beilien created? Maybe I’m looking too deep into it, but I could see Howard not valuing culture like Beilien did.  Maybe he does but that will be something to watch in the next few years as JBs recruits start to move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

If Purdue is on top of the B1G next year then the B1G must be having a down year.  😃

Michigan will likely lead the B1G next season.

Why would you say that because Purdue should be very good next year.  I think UM will lose Livers and Wagner and maybe Dickerson.  They also have 2 grad transfers who could leave

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I was thinking about Michigan too.  How much of their success is a hold over from The culture Beilien created? Maybe I’m looking too deep into it, but I could see Howard not valuing culture like Beilien did.  Maybe he does but that will be something to watch in the next few years as JBs recruits start to move on.

I agree with you. It will be interesting to watch. I think Howard stepped in to a good situation and now that he can see what works well, He would have to be really stubborn to muck it up. JMO

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Fair points. Good problem to have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why would you say that because Purdue should be very good next year.  I think UM will lose Livers and Wagner and maybe Dickerson.  They also have 2 grad transfers who could leave

Well, some of it is my hatred for PU and all things gold and black or things that say moo unless they are on the grill. Also, I’ve seen that movie before. In fact, Purdue always finds a way to mail it in. 😁

Just now, Inequality said:

Well, some of it is my hatred for PU and all things gold and black or things that say moo unless they are on the grill. Also, I’ve seen that movie before. In fact, Purdue always finds a way to mail it in. 😁

I hate Purdue ad well but you have to respect how well they usually.play in the big ten.  They have won more big ten titles than anyone and usually does it with less talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I hate Purdue ad well but you have to respect how well they usually.play in the big ten.  They have won more big ten titles than anyone and usually does it with less talent.

They have done nothing nationally though. Nothing. Ever.

That’s like a race car driver dominating one track but never winning a national title. One track wonder.

IU’s success may very well stay in the past, who knows, but at least we can have a beer and talk about what used to be and not have to pretend. 😁

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Inequality said:

They have done nothing nationally though. Nothing. Ever.

That’s like a race car driver dominating one track but never winning a national title. One track wonder.

IU’s success may very well stay in the past, who knows, but at least we can have a beer and talk about what used to be and not have to pretend. 😁

Too bad that one track is our home track. More likely then not we never win another NC again...so I’d settle for Purdue level success from here on out.

• Like 1