Stanford Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jekyll and Hyde team.  Got more Jeckyll today as opposed to the Hyde yesterday.  Hopefully we see a bit more of the team we saw today.  Even in the win, still a bunch to work on when it comes to the offense IMO.

Defense has been pretty solid though.  I think against the better teams, we will have to look to win ugly.

Great bounce back from yesterday. TJD was a beast. When he attacks he can do that to anyone on the schedule. Armaan was huge stepping in for Al.....and you can quietly see Lander developing confidence and getting used to this level. 2 wins over P5 teams who will probably make tourney and 1 bad loss. All in all not bad. Just need to get keep moving forward.

Just like 1 loss doesn't mean much in December 1-2 wins don't either but I like what I saw today.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Jekyll and Hyde team.  Got more Jeckyll today as opposed to the Hyde yesterday.  Hopefully we see a bit more of the team we saw today.  Even in the win, still a bunch to work on when it comes to the offense IMO.

Defense has been pretty solid though.  I think against the better teams, we will have to look to win ugly.

Mmmmm, well, I'll say this...Neither Stanford nor Providence come close to Texas in playing defense. So, I think if we get a soft defensive team, we have a great shot.

Trayce with a career-high, and fantastic day all around.

Race with 15, 8 boards and 4 blocks.

Armaan with 13, 8, and 5.

Shot 53% from the field, held them to 35%.

Overall, a good showing by us, and really nice non-conference win. They lost to UNC by 4 yesterday.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I honestly think it’s more about how good Texas is.  It was a bad matchup for IU.   Texas will lose to a team that is drilling from outside.  

if UNC doesn’t shoot well from perimeter, Texas will win today.    Texas looks top 10 - better than Illinois. 

Much better than yesterday.  Unfortunately, the lack of outside shooting will be our Achilles heel.  Nobody seems to even want to take an outside shot.  There will be many teams who zone us, clog up the middle and limit Trayce and the inside game.  We will need some confident outside shooters.  Defense is pretty good, but we have to score points.

A few thoughts:

1. Lander is not nearly as bad defensively as I thought he would be. He is very quick with his feet and does a good job staying in front of his man.

2. I think we can see why Leal isn't playing more. Looked like a pretty big defensive liability and had difficulty moving laterally. I think it'll come to him and he will be a really special player for us, but maybe not this year. It was frustrating that there were a few times where he was wide open and teammates missed getting him the ball, but that happens.

3. We need to run sets for Rob for 3 pointers. His form looks excellent when he is set and while he will never be a guy to get his own 3 point shot, it could really open up the offense if we could get him some good set shot looks.

4. Overall pleased with the performance. Obviously TJD couldn't be stopped and Stanford had no answer for him.

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

I honestly think it’s more about how good Texas is.  It was a bad matchup for IU.   Texas will lose to a team that is drilling from outside.  

if UNC doesn’t shoot well from perimeter, Texas will win today.    Texas looks top 10 - better than Illinois. 

Obviously will be interested to see how the Texas UNC game goes, but yeah, I think Texas is really really good. We still obviously played awful, but it wasn't without reason. From limited observations I think they're a legit top 10 team.

Archived