Stanford Postgame Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Miller's first comment about Franklin. My man had 8 rebounds. Growing up getting up bigger older stronger.....think that's a hint? I've loved Armaan since high school. Really good kid and glad to see him getting some serious minutes.

Third day of a three day tournament and he played all 40 minutes. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bustout said:

7 better teams than IU in the big ten?

IU got skunked by a team that is top 10 worthy. 

Currently in the nation in the B1G.  I mean we can be optimistic and say the national people don't know anything, but even then I'm surprised if you're arguing we're better than more than 2 of those teams.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And that's a really good number in today's world. Sure doesn't feel like sometimes but I'll take anything north of 70%

Timing has a lot to do with that. I think real free throw percentage should be a thing. Because if you miss the front in of a 1-1 then you essentially went 0-2. Also missing free throws in the midst of a run or at end of games just feels much bigger. That said I’m much happier with the shooting this year despite the bad start.

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

definitely happy to see how the guys came out/responded to yesterday... definitely a nice win.  we just have to realize it will be just like last year where we'll get excited when we win, but then we'll turn around and lose the next game.  we are average.  we don't have many out of conference cupcakes to pad our wins.  we are probably the 8th best team in the conference.  Lander's D is fine.  he looks too out of control on offense.  doesn't need to shoot much right now.  i expect him to improve exponentially throughout the year though.  TJD can be the man at times.  when he has played poorly he is still scoring like 17 and 14 pts and getting around 10 rebounds.  can't be too upset with that.  Race and Armaan are improving.  Hunter?  eh.  RP can be solid.  probably outperforming where he was ranked as an incoming freshman.  we're not bad.  we're not great.  gonna be an okay season.  

I still think we can finish 5-6 in the conference. Teams like UM and OSU have not played anyone so far.  UM had to go to OT to be Oakland a team that lost 101-49 to Xavier and 93-50 to Purdue.  I am still at a a wait and see approach with Rutgers because they only one two games away from home last year.  This year they won't have fans in their place so we will see how they play at home this year.

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

based on what though?  we beat 2 unranked teams.  Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU all in the top 10!  OSU #23.  Rutgers #25.  Michigan #26 why are we better than them?

I think we’re better than OSU, Rutgers and Michigan right now. Might not finish ahead of them but I feel confident playing any of them. 

admittedly college bball is a lot about match-ups.  that obviously factors in.  BUT... last year a lot of people on this board were appalled where they picked us preseason and look where we ended up... i mean, can we beat Michigan, Rutgers, OSU?  yeah, i'm sure we can.  will we?  twice?  are we going to beat Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU?  personally i don't see it.  i hope i'm wrong, but i think we'll have a very similar B1G season with less cupcake wins.  

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

based on what though?  we beat 2 unranked teams.  Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU all in the top 10!  OSU #23.  Rutgers #25.  Michigan #26 why are we better than them?

Pre-season rankings mean next to nothing. Season has just begun.

We’re clearly a different team with an entire different approach offensively than last season.

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Who has UM, Rutgers and OSU played.  UI had to hit a last second shot to beat Ohio and UM had to go to OT to beat a team that has lost by 51 and 43 so far this year

This team probably isn't where a lot of us want to be right now, but the reality is we are a REALLY good defensive team that is going to win a lot of games. We aren't going to play pretty basketball, maybe ever, under Archie but we continue to move more and more into a team that plays winning basketball. 

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I think in reality the top four are the top four. I think that we are in the second tier with OSU, Rutgers, and Michigan. I think I could see all four of those teams placing anywhere 5 through 8. And you might add Purdue into that group too, they will be hard to beat with their size and play good defense.

Realistically the narrative of this season will be based upon how well we do compared to the 2nd tier teams. If were towards the top the season will largely be considered a success, if not, people are gonna be angry.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Who has UM, Rutgers and OSU played.  UI had to hit a last second shot to beat Ohio and UM had to go to OT to beat a team that has lost by 51 and 43 so far this year

i won't argue that.  i will argue that there's a reason they are #23, 25, 26 and we are not.  again, i hope everyone outside of IU fans are wrong and that i am wrong and we end up being better than 3 or 4 teams the national media picks higher than us!

Archived