Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

Sorry for this post, i was totally kidding...i dont want to hear a womens voice calling a mens game, i sure dont want to see one coaching a mens game. If i wanted to be annoyed by a women a couple of nights a week i would have stayed married to one of them.....:coffee:

To be fair, the annoying trait is not reserved for women, nor should it be applied to all.  I’ve heard it can also apply to some male coaches & announcers as well. :coffee: 😉 Carry on! Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to agree with those who can’t root against the Hoosiers. Although, recent efforts have gotten me close. There was a 3 in the Nebraska game that Mbako took that wildly deflected off the backboard. After the initial shock, I could only laugh. As a side note, I don’t agree with booing players at SSAH- which I consider the few times I have been there in my life as almost a pseudo- religious experience. ( even tried out for Blue Chips early one morning back in ‘92- audition lasted one layup lol)

But the rails have fallen off…

Like many others, I wanted CMW to be a great story- former player returns from 30 years in the NBA playing/ coaching to take the RMK mantle and return to greatness. I would have loved nothing more. And many may argue that could still happen if we were more patient. 

The problem is, that with the right coaching, and I am not claiming to know precisely “who” that would be, and the portal, with NIL opportunities, turn around time should be much quicker. We see this happening all the time with other schools. They don’t need 5 years to raise free throw percentage or play competitive basketball. 

Coach Woodson has taken a few baby steps, including winning a play in game and a 1st round game as a 4th seed. When we played real competition, the brakes were beaten off the Hoosiers- once again showing us where we stand. Many of you are from north of Seymour or so, and the #1 enemy is the Boilers. But for us Southern Indiana guys, it’s KY. And they loom on the schedule next year. Is the current product something we want to showcase in our return to Rupp? 
I think there is a better answer, and the sooner the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

To be fair, the annoying trait is not reserved for women, nor should it be applied to all.  I’ve heard it can also apply to some male coaches & announcers as well. :coffee: 😉 Carry on! Go Hoosiers!

FAIR but Doris Burks makes my skin crawl.....lol

• Like 2

I know I will get ridiculed but I sent this to Dolson.
Dear Scott,

I know you have a tough job and probably are tired of fans like me emailing you. This basketball program is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for the future. It is time to bring the Mike Woodson era of coaching Indiana to an end. He is not the answer and every game is proving it even more. Don't wait until the end of the year but do it tonight because he is just clueless coaching the college game. We run a terrible offense where we don't emphasize 3 point shooting and just go through the post. You can't win in tbe college game playing this way. Today we went the first 38 minutes without hitting a 3 which is embarrassing.

Coach Woodson has lost this fan base and if you bring him back it will only get worse next year. You already have seen fans booing at home games and leaving early at home because of being blown out. 

Thank you, 
Scott Roberts 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:
I know I will get ridiculed but I sent this to Dolson.
Dear Scott,

I know you have a tough job and probably are tired of fans like me emailing you. This basketball program is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for the future. It is time to bring the Mike Woodson era of coaching Indiana to an end. He is not the answer and every game is proving it even more. Don't wait until the end of the year but do it tonight because he is just clueless coaching the college game. We run a terrible offense where we don't emphasize 3 point shooting and just go through the post. You can't win in tbe college game playing this way. Today we went the first 38 minutes without hitting a 3 which is embarrassing.

Coach Woodson has lost this fan base and if you bring him back it will only get worse next year. You already have seen fans booing at home games and leaving early at home because of being blown out. 

Thank you, 
Scott Roberts 

He never had the fanbase. The hire was met with criticism and skepticism. Even from the guys on The Assembly Call.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

He never had the fanbase. The hire was met with criticism and skepticism. Even from the guys on The Assembly Call.

Are the guys from Assembly Call better, more educated, and more dedicated fans than the rest of us?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Yes and generally more optimistic. 

Honestly, they should be more optimistic. They’re popular enough that they represent the fan base to a certain degree, and I think they do that reasonably well. I wouldn’t want a popular IU podcast to constantly be pessimistic. Even now I think they do a good job of communicating the disappointment without coming across like they’re just trashing the program.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Honestly, they should be more optimistic. They’re popular enough that they represent the fan base to a certain degree, and I think they do that reasonably well. I wouldn’t want a popular IU podcast to constantly be pessimistic. Even now I think they do a good job of communicating the disappointment without coming across like they’re just trashing the program.

Love Assembly Call, try to listen to the postgame show, and I think they’re very fair but also very real & honest. They’re optimistic but also realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Each loss has to be making Dolson cringe more and more… When will he say, “I’ve seen enough!” ?

Let me say this. It’s not Scott. It sounds like the big money boosters need some more persuading. Luckily there’s still more losses to be had.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1