Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What did I say that wasn't a fact

1) they moved to he closer to Indy

2) most G league teams are moving to the apparent teams city.

Neither one of those things are facts, chief.  I’ve already explained the first.  As to the second, there are currently G League teams in Des Moines, Birmingham, Austin, Mexico City, Wilmington, Greensboro, Southaven, and that’s just off the top of my head.  None of those are near NBA cities.  So you have no idea what you’re talking about on either point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

They did it so it is easier to bring players up to the Pacers if they are already in the same city. Guys like Walker and Shepard has played for the G league during the afternoon and the Pacers that night 

Yes, it was to make it easier on the "Mothership". Let's not confuse the Pacers with anyone who cares about the state outside of Indy.

14 minutes ago, Indykev said:

take this basketball talk to a basketball thread. you are killing the fire our worthless ass coach vibes.

Seriously, who dares talk basketball when there are people trying to get the coach fired! Golly folks, have some respect!!

Edited by Officer Obie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I hate to keep beating a dead horse here, but even kids in the portal with multiple seasons left will likely decline IU, knowing that there’s a good chance Woodson is gone after next season. Why delay the inevitable? Bringing Woodson back sets the program back at least two additional seasons in my opinion. The only potential scenario that plays out is that Woodson adds one and done types via the portal, and potentially a kid or two that backs out of their current LOI due to a coaching change, players coming back etc.

I agree. But It is kinda of a dead horse, right? Unless there's some rumor that the administration is changing their mind. 

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree. But It is kinda of a dead horse, right? Unless there's some rumor that the administration is changing their mind. 

This administration isn't and won't change their mind. There's a reason we haven't seen the Elite 8 since 2002 and haven't won the Big Ten Tournament. The people running that University are morons. Complete morons.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Cindy Simon is not changing her mind.

So we probably need to come to grips with this. He's either turning it around or getting canned next year. That's on him, the staff, and the administration. I am sure everyone involved knows this. Will we reach Louisville and Michigan levels? I don't know, but either way those jobs are going to get interest from good coaches and IU's will too. Personally I would give T.J. Otzelberger the first call. He turned around a program that went 2–22 0–18, and uses the portal very effectively. He seems like the kind of guy that would thrive at IU. But I think they'll be a lot good candidates both young and old. I know Dolson is in the crosshairs (as he should be) but he hired a guy like Cig after Allen, so I think we'll see a similar about-face when the time comes. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Indykev said:

“The bottom line is we’ve got to get better,” Woodson said. “From a talent standpoint, this summer will be spent watching a lot of film on players because we’re going to lose some players, I’m sure, and we’re going to have to build around the core guys that are coming back.”

Watching a lot of film on players this summer? This program is so far behind others. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I hate to keep beating a dead horse here, but even kids in the portal with multiple seasons left will likely decline IU, knowing that there’s a good chance Woodson is gone after next season. Why delay the inevitable? Bringing Woodson back sets the program back at least two additional seasons in my opinion. The only potential scenario that plays out is that Woodson adds one and done types via the portal, and potentially a kid or two that backs out of their current LOI due to a coaching change, players coming back etc.

I think there are plenty of reasons to fire Woodson, but I don't know about this one. If Woodson leaves, kids will just transfer again. I don't think kids mind that much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I understand the desire to change coaches but do we really need to resort to this kind of name calling?  I expect this when I go to other fan sites.  This isn’t what I have come to expect from HSN.

Playing the nice and PC game is why we are where we’re at. Time for calling ubh, *<<& again. So all this nice crap can just get back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I understand the desire to change coaches but do we really need to resort to this kind of name calling?  I expect this when I go to other fan sites.  This isn’t what I have come to expect from HSN.

Amen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i still feel like we can hold out hope that he gets tired of all this

He is already tired, couldnt bother to show up yesterday when even the strength coach for whatever reason, could. hell i even saw X there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2