2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

15 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

This guy going to get so many offers. 

I have gotten some info that he was getting hit up by big schools right away yesterday.  One was Gonzaga and the person I talked to couldn't remember the rest.  Every major program in the country is going to be on this kid.

Edited by IUCrazy2

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I have gotten some info that he was getting hit up by big schools right away yesterday.  One was Gonzaga and the person I talked to couldn't remember the rest.  Every major program in the country is going to be on this kid.

Yea he was tweeting several offers yesterday, the first of them being Gonzaga. 

49 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Yea he was tweeting several offers yesterday, the first of them being Gonzaga. 

I wonder what the future holds? 

Kids tweeting, blessed to receive a brinks truck offer from Indiana University via the Cook foundation. 

A scholarship offer is anywhere from 5-25% of the rest of the story, depending on the talent.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Transferring to LaLumiere

I hate seeing this because it is taking the best players from Indiana high school basketball.  Also I would say this move probably hurts the local colleges in the recruitment. If he was really set on IU I wouldn't think he would need to make this move 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hate seeing this because it is taking the best players from Indiana high school basketball.  Also I would say this move probably hurts the local colleges in the recruitment. If he was really set on IU I wouldn't think he would need to make this move 

1.  Yes, it will likely broaden his list of potential landing spots and make the competition stiffer.

2. No, I do not believe it's a bad thing to enroll at a school where you can sharpen your basketball skills and I doubt IU disagrees with the move.  If IU missed because the kid went to a prep school and improved his game, I'm still OK with that.  IU just needs a La Lumiere pipeline like they appear to have with Monte Verde.

• Like 3

Understand the move for him. Better players, better talent....2025 is a long time away still. Not sure what our relationship is with La Lumiere anymore but I can't imagine it being a bad one. 

JHS is still our most valuable recruiting tool for elite guards who want to be one and done.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't really see how this negatively impacts us. It's 2 extra hours of driving to see him play. 

I think the only real spin for being negative in terms of the recruitment is that I don't think IU has been too successful in recruiting the LaLu kids?

I could be wrong there, but I think Perea is our only LaLu commitment in a long time and I believe he was committed before transferring there. 

Real possibility though that the previous two paragraphs are completely wrong 🤷‍♂️.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I think the only real spin for being negative in terms of the recruitment is that I don't think IU has been too successful in recruiting the LaLu kids?

I could be wrong there, but I think Perea is our only LaLu commitment in a long time and I believe he was committed before transferring there. 

Real possibility though that the previous two paragraphs are completely wrong 🤷‍♂️.

I think you're right in that IU hasn't gotten a lot of La Lu kids, but I think that could absolutely change with the track record Woody is developing.  I'd just about guarantee that as of now, he's planning on visiting Jalen at La Lu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

1.  Yes, it will likely broaden his list of potential landing spots and make the competition stiffer.

2. No, I do not believe it's a bad thing to enroll at a school where you can sharpen your basketball skills and I doubt IU disagrees with the move.  If IU missed because the kid went to a prep school and improved his game, I'm still OK with that.  IU just needs a La Lumiere pipeline like they appear to have with Monte Verde.

I am just talking about as a fan of high school basketball it is bad for the state

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am just talking about as a fan of high school basketball it is bad for the state

From that angle, I can't disagree at all.  I love the traditional model in high school.  Unfortunately, I don't see that getting better.  It's a skills arms race, unfortunately, and public schools have a very tough time competing with that.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It shouldn’t hurt recruitment - if he’s truly a top 10 talent then all the big boys will be on him regardless of where he plays.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Which ones have we recruited? 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Brooks Catsup Bottle Water Tower | Enjoy Illinois

He didn't go there until his Senior season as well. So I don't think him playing there had an impact on our ability to recruit him unless there's some sort of poor relationship with that school that I am not aware of? 

Edited by OGIUAndy