2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So what did he do then if you have this I side info, shouldn't say some vague stuff and then not say what it is.

It's not my place to say what went on but Woodson needs to do a better job of building relationships with people that matter in recruiting circles locally and nationally. 

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

In this situation Woodson did screw up and he needs to rebuild that relationship with a local guy

Way back when, a guy sat right behind the IU bench (I think at Wisconsin) and heckled Knight without mercy.  All.  Game.  Long.  Way over the top.  Nasty, loud, and relentless.  Today, he would have been banned.  It was annoying to Knight, and distracting to the team.

So Knight met with the guy.  Not a stand up meeting, but had coffee together in a quiet place with no distractions.  So they could just talk.  Knight wasn't mad.  Didn't threaten or intimidate.  Instead, he won the heckler over.  Gave him some IU gear.  The heckler became Knight's  biggest supporter.  Even defended him against other hecklers in the crowd for years to follow.

That's soft power, folks. 

I don't know what happened between Woodson and Adams, but I hope Woodson has a plan.  I would hate for a good player to miss the Indiana Experience just because of a personal tiff between two people.  That's not fair to the kids Adams works with.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Way back when, a guy sat right behind the IU bench (I think at Wisconsin) and heckled Knight without mercy.  All.  Game.  Long.  Way over the top.  Nasty, loud, and relentless.  Today, he would have been banned.  It was annoying to Knight, and distracting to the team.

So Knight met with the guy.  Not a stand up meeting, but had coffee together in a quiet place with no distractions.  So they could just talk.  Knight wasn't mad.  Didn't threaten or intimidate.  Instead, he won the heckler over.  Gave him some IU gear.  The heckler became Knight's  biggest supporter.  Even defended him against other hecklers in the crowd for years to follow.

That's soft power, folks. 

I don't know what happened between Woodson and Adams, but I hope Woodson has a plan.  I would hate for a good player to miss the Indiana Experience just because of a personal tiff between two people.  That's not fair to the kids Adams works with.

My concern is that this situation repeats itself with other individuals involved in AAU or recruiting circles and if it does it will become a major problem. Time will tell. That said if IU wins and Woodson wins over the recruits themselves then good things will continue to happen. 

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

My concern is that this situation repeats itself with other individuals involved in AAU or recruiting circles and if it does it will become a major problem. Time will tell. That said if IU wins and Woodson wins over the recruits themselves then good things will continue to happen. 

The college coach should give the courtesy to not cut out or directly bad mouth the AAU coach when talking to one of his players.  Beyond that, I'm not sure the college coach owes the AAU coach anything.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If Haralson or any other kid and his family pass on a school due to an AAU coach, there’s something wrong with the kid’s process.  

I think there is more to it than that. If CMW made some mistakes, then it's important to try to repair the damage, regardless.

Maybe it is all.part.of him.learning the modern college landscape. Bit from what was posted here, I think it is pretty difficult to say what is really going on.

Just trust it all works out and we get better as we go.  🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It's not my place to say what went on but Woodson needs to do a better job of building relationships with people that matter in recruiting circles locally and nationally. 

Then why say anything at all if you aren't willing to divulge the info. I think Woodson is doing a great job in his recruiting and if you listen players and families they love him.  I want to recruit kids that can think on their own and not what handler thinks. I want to recruit families and not part of an AAU program.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Then why say anything at all if you aren't willing to divulge the info. I think Woodson is doing a great job in his recruiting and if you listen players and families they love him.  I want to recruit kids that can think on their own and not what handler thinks. I want to recruit families and not part of an AAU program.

Scott.  I appreciate the info even if it is not complete.  @DC2345is under no obligation to reveal what he knows.  For all we know, if he did so it could make the situation worse.

But knowing there could possibly be an issue is better than not knowing something is amiss.  

Coach Woodson is old school.  The AAU environment is new school.  It's only natural there could be some adjustments as the two sides feel each other out. 

It will get sorted out, or it won't.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

If Haralson or any other kid and his family pass on a school due to an AAU coach, there’s something wrong with the kid’s process.  

To clarify, I don't think @DC2345post was about Haralson.  I took it to be about Flory Bidunga.  I would imagine there is a different dynamic to consider between the two recruiting processes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Scott.  I appreciate the info even if it is not complete.  @DC2345is under no obligation to reveal what he knows.  For all we know, if he did so it could make the situation worse.

But knowing there could possibly be an issue is better than not knowing something is amiss.  

Coach Woodson is old school.  The AAU environment is new school.  It's only natural there could be some adjustments as the two sides feel each other out. 

It will get sorted out, or it won't.  

That is if you take a random poster word that it is true

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I knew what recruit he is talking about. I just don't give  a rats ass about what Adams thinks.

Not the point. You can dislike Adams and understand that CMW could have made a mistake. I really like CMW, but some people on here act like he’s a God. I’m fairly certain he’s human and makes mistakes. Ask his wife! 🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Woodson is doing a great job, but that doesn't make him infallible.  The person you're more or less accusing of being a troll has provided quality information more than once.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Woodson is doing a great job, but that doesn't make him infallible.  The person you're more or less accusing of being a troll has provided quality information more than once.

Well I have seen so many times these so called insiders been dead wrong as well, whether it is about possible coaches or recruits

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If I said the whole story then it’s very possible it could make things worse and it could reveal where the information came from and I’m not going to put my source like that especially on here. The reality is Woodson has made some mistakes and I posted it to say that the staff needs to win over Bidunga and his family if they want a shot at landing him because they might not get much help on the AAU side of things. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 3

What happened did Adams try to tell Woodson this is how the recruiting process going to happen and Woodson didn't like him telling him what to do. It wasn't Fife that gave the info was it LOL! Sounds like if the person who told you this is inside the program he needs to shut up and be quite

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have seen so many times these so called insiders been dead wrong as well, whether it is about possible coaches or recruits

Sure...but they've also been 100% right at times.  I'd take whatever you read in the rumor mill at face value...may or may not be 100% correct.  I still find it interesting and when proven correct, it provides some very interesting insight into the program.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What happened did Adams try to tell Woodson this is how the recruiting process going to happen and Woodson didn't like him telling him what to do. It wasn't Fife that gave the info was it LOL! Sounds like if the person who told you this is inside the program he needs to shut up and be quite

Not even close 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So back to Harrelson, I think we need to get him and Sisley and put an end to Purdue getting the top in state players.

Oops for I not supposed to mention that team

I'd be really pleased to see IU get those two.  I'm gonna be a tad butthurt if the Toiletmakers get either of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So back to Harrelson, I think we need to get him and Sisley and put an end to Purdue getting the top in state players.

Oops for I not supposed to mention that team

If they are one & done or want big NIL then I doubt they end up at Purdue 

anyone think they play at the same school ? 

• Like 1