2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

54 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He didn't go there until his Senior season as well. So I don't think him playing there had an impact on our ability to recruit him unless there's some sort of poor relationship with that school that I am not aware of? 

That was 100% Cal selling him a slick vision of getting to the NBA quickly.  We can see how that worked out...

21 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That was 100% Cal selling him a slick vision of getting to the NBA quickly.  We can see how that worked out...

I am sure it was something like that, or his dad. His dad seemed to be pushing the one and down narrative. Anyone who watched him in high school knew he wasn't a one and down prospect and a fringe NBA prospect at best. He made a mistake not going to IU regardless whether he would have helped IU or not. I think he wanted to go to IU. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rico said:

Brooks Catsup Bottle Water Tower | Enjoy Illinois

1. Don’t insult Collinsville,IL like that 😂😂😂😂 and 

2. that must’ve been wayyyy before Collinsville was developed because now it’s nothing but trees and houses and a whole entire downtown area that isn’t even shown in that picture. This is what it looks like now. From both angles. 

BC680DDE-7CF1-41E2-92BA-A74B0F4E1E2B.png

41C74CAF-B9EC-471A-BB25-B681B92D7698.png

• Like 1

Haralson looking at how Fino was developed has to be more than intriguing and of great interest to him, not to mention the close ride home, and Woody’s NBA understanding and connections.  Plus the NBA principles in his schemes.  In the final analysis, it’s a package of attributes that other schools won’t have.  Who knows what he will do, but the analysis tells you IU should be of great interest.   I say that with objective points.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Haralson looking at how Fino was developed has to be more than intriguing and of great interest to him, not to mention the close ride home, and Woody’s NBA understanding and connections.  Plus the NBA principles in his schemes.  In the final analysis, it’s a package of attributes that other schools won’t have.  Who knows what he will do, but the analysis tells you IU should be of great interest.   I say that with objective points.  

What will be interesting is what 2024 players commit and if they will be one and dones. If Woody now gets a second guard like Fland to be a lottery pick then 2025 guys like Haralson and Sisley will take notice and recruiting will skyrocket IMO. 

Edited by IUfaninIllinois
  • Like 1

Per the Indy Star:

You could argue, maybe correctly, Catchings and Haralson don’t need prep school to reach their NBA dreams. But this is the path both young men are taking. And while it might be painful to lose this kind of talent, we’re going to have to accept this is the reality of high school basketball in 2023.

Call Star reporter Kyle Neddenriep

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rico said:

Per the Indy Star:

You could argue, maybe correctly, Catchings and Haralson don’t need prep school to reach their NBA dreams. But this is the path both young men are taking. And while it might be painful to lose this kind of talent, we’re going to have to accept this is the reality of high school basketball in 2023.

Call Star reporter Kyle Neddenriep

you dont get better by beating up on inferior talent.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

you dont get better by beating up on inferior talent.

Europe has always done this stuff with the soccer and basketball players. They go to academies and play on semi-pro teams from a young age. This is absolutely playing out in basketball now here in the states. It’s a no brainer really. Indiana has such close ties historically to its  high school basketball, high quality of competition across the state, and kids grow up playing together and have a sense of civic/local pride they have stayed home more but no kid at that level of skill anymore is going to give someone else an advantage by sacrificing the prep route to stay and play local HS basketball when they can be competing, learning, and improving themselves at a higher level. I’d say we’ve been fairly lucky to not have our best players poached in the past due to how competitive and how high quality the state high school system has been here in Indiana for so long. Kids from other states have been doing this for much longer…the $$ and advancement of the game has now almost necessitated this for kids who are at that elite ability level now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Basically do what Lander did but not at a real school?

I don’t buy that you get better coaching or teaching away from home at 16 or 17 

trying to remember all the people who regret senior year of high school through 4 years of college 

Is this another limerick?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...