'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Purdue is absolutely Final Four good. They are the most impressive Big Ten team I've seen to this point, including IU. 

I agree that they look that way now.  I do think Big Ten teams can exploit some things these non-conference foes have yet to do.  

• Edey might struggle and tire with pace
  • Be physical with the freshmen guards
  • Furst and Kaufman-Renn will get in foul trouble if you go right at them
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

80% of Purdue fans….why recruit a player who only had offers from Montana State 🤡

Essegian looks good at Wisconsin but I’m not sure if Purdue or IU had any room for another SG…just wish he was aSycamore or Bulldog 

I’m on limb saying Hart is Big Ten caliber…UCF?

Essigian would Have been PERFECT at butler 

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I agree that they look that way now.  I do think Big Ten teams can exploit some things these non-conference foes have yet to do.  

• Edey might struggle and tire with pace
  • Be physical with the freshmen guards
  • Furst and Kaufman-Renn will get in foul trouble if you go right at them

Agree. It's really early in the season and Purdue seems to already have their roles and identity figured out. 

Other teams, IU included, are still figuring some things out and will improve more as those things develop. 

I think our size, length and athleticism on the perimeter will give Purdue problems. 

• Like 2

I, for one, am not threatened because Purdue is a good team.  I think we're better.  It doesn't make me lesser of an IU fan to say they are good.  It would make me a stubborn, insecure fan to try and claim they were not.  Would I ever root for Purdue to make the Final Four or win the championship?  No. Will I root for them in the Big Ten / ACC challenge.  Hell yeah, I will.  And, frankly I don't give a damn if that bothers anyone because I'm comfortable with where IU is as a program.  Our 5 banners speak for themselves. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2022 at 2:40 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

You are a great poster and we’ve had great convos over the years.  But, man, you have a tendency to overly fawn over Purdue and be nit picky, hyper critical of IU.   If I didn’t know better, I’d think you are a Purdue fan in disguise.  

They’ve been better than us for basically the past 8 years…why wouldn’t I fawn over them? We should be the better team this year but man they are playing way better basketball then I thought this early in the season given their youth. The sentiment that now that Woody is here and recruiting we won’t have to worry about Purdue anymore I think is foolish. They are easily a team that could win the B1G this year and will give us problems for years to come.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

80% of Purdue fans….why recruit a player who only had offers from Montana State 🤡

Essegian looks good at Wisconsin but I’m not sure if Purdue or IU had any room for another SG…just wish he was aSycamore or Bulldog 

I’m on limb saying Hart is Big Ten caliber…UCF?

No…I don’t think he is…least not at his current physique and mindset. He doesn’t really like physical play. Even guys smaller than him push him around too much and it gets in his head. UCF will be in the Big 12 so either way that’s a big league program…but I’m not sure how he handles it early on.