'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I, for one, am not threatened because Purdue is a good team.  I think we're better.  It doesn't make me lesser of an IU fan to say they are good.  It would make me a stubborn, insecure fan to try and claim they were not.  Would I ever root for Purdue to make the Final Four or win the championship?  No. Will I root for them in the Big Ten / ACC challenge.  Hell yeah, I will.  And, frankly I don't give a damn if that bothers anyone because I'm comfortable with where IU is as a program.  Our 5 banners speak for themselves. 

I agree I wouldn't root for them, but I honestly wouldn't be bothered if it happened. I have people in my life that I love and really care about who are Purdue grads, why would I be bothered if they were happy? It's only sports... 

EDIT: Wouldn't root for them to win a championship. There's absolutely individual circumstances I'd root for them.

Edited by KoB2011
clarification
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No…I don’t think he is…least not at his current physique and mindset. He doesn’t really like physical play. Even guys smaller than him push him around too much and it gets in his head. UCF will be in the Big 12 so either way that’s a big league program…but I’m not sure how he handles it early on.

I’ve never seen anything but a few clips 

But will take your word for it 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. It's really early in the season and Purdue seems to already have their roles and identity figured out. 

Other teams, IU included, are still figuring some things out and will improve more as those things develop. 

I think our size, length and athleticism on the perimeter will give Purdue problems. 

I hope…wasn’t like Gonzaga and Duke were rolling out 8th graders…pretty good length and athleticism they have. I just hope we can hit enough shots to keep up with their shooters. I think honestly you have to try to play Edy mostly straight up. Don’t let him establish deep in the paint and live with him shooting over guys. Those kick outs just end up with getting people out of rotation and end up with wide open 3s or driving lanes. Sure you will have guys dig down and dive at the ball if he puts it on the floor but Purdue shooters will torch teams that leave them open.

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

I’ve never seen anything but a few clips 

But will take your word for it 

I hope he turns the corner I do. He has all the tools but something weird about the most talented and often the biggest kid on the floor deferring to teammates and backing down from physical play. We will see. His AAU tape was impressive over the summer but again those kids don’t play physical defense like Indiana HS basketball and nothing like power 5 basketball.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope…wasn’t like Gonzaga and Duke were rolling out 8th graders…pretty good length and athleticism they have. I just hope we can hit enough shots to keep up with their shooters. I think honestly you have to try to play Edy mostly straight up. Don’t let him establish deep in the paint and live with him shooting over guys. Those kick outs just end up with getting people out of rotation and end up with wide open 3s or driving lanes. Sure you will have guys dig down and dive at the ball if he puts it on the floor but Purdue shooters will torch teams that leave them open.

I wasn't very impressed with Gonzaga's guard play. I think IU is much stronger defensively then either Gonzaga and Duke, and our backcourt is much more athletic and long compared to Gonzaga. 

• Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

This PU back and forth is getting ridiculous….. I’m pretty sure those Indiana players, who decided against IU saw more promise in Painter than CAM….. You do the math. Woodson will get the players who want to be apart of the rich history of IU.

Just sucks..wasn’t just Indiana kids either. He couldn’t land Morton either. Looking at some of the other misses we have guys at OSU and heck NC backcourt were misses and they were in the NC game last year. Good thing Woody pulled the two studs out of Monteverde and another from IMG or hate to think how things might be going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This PU back and forth is getting ridiculous….. I’m pretty sure those Indiana players, who decided against IU saw more promise in Painter than CAM….. You do the math. Woodson will get the players who want to be apart of the rich history of IU.

Woodson already has brought in great players. We're a top 10 team that is just as in the mix for a Big Ten Title as Purdue is. 

Not sure why you guys get so defensive about this? Purdue is really good. IU is really good too. 

It's great for college basketball and the Big Ten that both are good. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I wasn't very impressed with Gonzaga's guard play. I think IU is much stronger defensively then either Gonzaga and Duke, and our backcourt is much more athletic and long compared to Gonzaga. 

Agree on the defense for sure. Just saying those two aren’t rolling out John Stocktons kid and Bobby Hurleys kid…these are teams with multiple future professional players on them is all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Woodson already has brought in great players. We're a top 10 team that is just as in the mix for a Big Ten Title as Purdue is. 

Not sure why you guys get so defensive about this? Purdue is really good. IU is really good too. 

It's great for college basketball and the Big Ten that both are good. 

Not defensive at all. Why should I respect anything about Purdue? We are a laughingstock on their football boards. Their fan base has an arrogance that is nauseating. To come to an IU forum and read more of this nonsense is nauseating as well.

@5fouls@BGleasand anyone else…really? Threatened? I thought more of you than to post such nonsense 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No one cares

This thread is about college basketball so if you don't want to discuss other college teams then don't open this thread up.

I have hated Purdue all of my life and will always but I still can see through that hatred and see they play a good brand of basketball 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is time for you to find a different message board that suits you better. Try Rivals because there is a lot of hatred over there. This thread is about college basketball so if you don't want to discuss other college teams then don't open this thread up.

I have hated Purdue all of my life and will always but I still can see through that hatred and see they play a good brand of basketball 

Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You guys really turned up the pressure last year in Bloomington.  Took Purdue out of their offense.  Woodson is recruiting length on the perimeter for defensive pressure 

you guys are far from a finished team 

plenty of room for young guys to get better….

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not defensive at all. Why should I respect anything about Purdue? We are a laughingstock on their football boards. Their fan base has an arrogance that is nauseating. To come to an IU forum and read more of this nonsense is nauseating as well.

@5fouls@BGleasand anyone else…really? Threatened? I thought more of you than to post such nonsense 

It's just sports. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...R-E-L-A-X.

IU is good. Purdue is good. Should make for a great Big Ten basketball season! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

You guys really turned up the pressure last year in Bloomington.  Took Purdue out of their offense.  Woodson is recruiting length on the perimeter for defensive pressure 

you guys are far from a finished team 

plenty of room for young guys to get better….

Yeah, I think our size, length and athleticism on the perimeter will give Smith and Loyer problems. But, we'll need to let Edey get his and defend the 3pt line. 

We'll need JHS to get it going offensively though to reach our ceiling. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

It's just sports. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...R-E-L-A-X.

IU is good. Purdue is good. Should make for a great Big Ten basketball season! 

The thing is that the only thing that IU has over Purdue is the the national titles which is the most important. They lead the head to head by a wide margin and has more big ten titles. Some act like Purdue has never been good but that isn't the case.

What made the rivalry so fun in the 80'and 90's were that for theost part both teams were good.

• Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

The thing is that the only thing that IU has over Purdue is the the national titles which is the most important. They lead the head to head by a wide margin and has more big ten titles. Some act like Purdue has never been good but that isn't the case.

What made the rivalry so fun in the 80'and 90's were that for theost part both teams were good.

It's why the Duke-UNC rivalry is THE rivalry in college basketball. They are almost always both good, if not both Final Four contenders. 

IU and Purdue have rarely both been good at the same time over the last 20-25 years. It's good for both schools and the conference if both IU and Purdue are good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

You guys just don’t get it. Who gives a rat’s ass if they are or were good? This is an IU forum. They are our biggest rival. Do you think the Michigan board has a bunch of conversation about how great OSU is? Do Alabama fans fawn over Auburn? 

Wtf

• Confused 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

You guys just don’t get it. Who gives a rat’s ass if they are or were good? This is an IU forum. They are our biggest rival. Do you think the Michigan board has a bunch of conversation about how great OSU is? Do Alabama fans fawn over Auburn? 

Wtf

I would bet that they do. I don't fawn over them and hate Purdue but I can take my blinders off to see good basketball when I see it. If you don't want to discuss other teams then don't open up a thread about college basketball 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would bet that they do. I don't fawn over them and hate Purdue but I can take my blinders off to see good basketball when I see it. If you don't want to discuss other teams then don't open up a thread about college basketball 

Unfortunately, it’s not just on this thread.

And there are over 350 other teams playing college basketball, yet the conversation comes back to PUke all too often.

I open this thread to read about college basketball, not the Purdue fan club 

• Like 1