'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

That task is above my pay grade, but it looks like the challenge is coming to an end -- as a result of the Big Ten media rights deal and exclusion of ESPN (which has interest in the ACC).

It looks like the ACC-SEC challenge will be next.

Who should the Big Ten play?

Big 12.  In truth, they are better top to bottom than the ACC anyway.

Edit: Of course, when I typed that I was still thinking in terms of Texas and Oklahoma still being in Big 12.

Edited by 5fouls

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You guys just don’t get it. Who gives a rat’s ass if they are or were good? This is an IU forum. They are our biggest rival. Do you think the Michigan board has a bunch of conversation about how great OSU is? Do Alabama fans fawn over Auburn? 

Wtf

I don’t visit a lot of college forums but yes..when I have they acknowledge for the most part what they see. Doesn’t mean they like them or even can’t take a shot at them in the same post..but most people can dislike a team and yet acknowledge they are good at the same time. It isn’t mutually exclusive things. I think what most here are saying is that I think it has caught quite a bit of people by surprise just how well the Purdue team has come together. You would think losing a lottery pick and basically starting backcourt would set you back but if anything they are better than they were last year (which was a B1G favorite and possible final four team). Now…just because we are kinda caught off guard how good they look…doesn’t change the fact that they don’t often translate that into tournament success. In fact Painter has rarely had his teams peaking in March…but I will point out this one thing…they have the components of a team that could make a run. Dominant inside presence and clean up the boards to go with lethal shooting from the outside. That’s a good combo. I for one think they will be a much bigger threat in   B1G play than come March but still they are going to be one of a couple teams at the top fighting us for the B1G title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Sure, time will tell on that. I even said we don't know how good this past week for Purdue will really look in February.

But we can only judge it based on what we know now. 

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

OK, since you don’t want to talk about Purdue, let’s discuss the other 350 teams! That’s important. What do you think of Wagner’s win over NJIT? Think they have a shot to take the Northeast conference title this year? Sacred Heart is the only other team that looks like it will contend. Central Connecticut looks terrible this year and Merrimack just got blown out by Bradley the other day 83-41. Long Island has Marko Maletic, a 6-6 sophomore who’s averaging 15.8 on 39.5% 3pt shooting (through five games, which isn’t a big sample size). Stone hill just lost to UMASS Lowell 73-59; a team that looks like the favorite to win the America East Conference (although Bryant looks good as well).

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I can't wait for the PU-IU Game Thread

2 hours ago, rico said:

I think Notre Dame is a "bonniefide" team as well.  lol

So , quite clearly , what I THINK I’m picking up from you guys …..is that you all want me to start talking about Luke brown ? Right ? 🤔😐😇

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, BGleas said:

Purdue is absolutely Final Four good. They are the most impressive Big Ten team I've seen to this point, including IU. 

God I hate admitting that.  The flip side is, a formula to game Edey will develop over the season.  Lots of film already to analyze and teams will figure out a game plan on him to negate some of what he's doing.  The young back court is outperforming as well and similarly, a game plan will develop to deal with them too.  This may be one of those "peaking too early" things, but it's fair to say they look very good right now.

It doesn't break my heart to see UK and Duke taking some lumps early in the season.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

God I hate admitting that.  The flip side is, a formula to game Edey will develop over the season.  Lots of film already to analyze and teams will figure out a game plan on him to negate some of what he's doing.  The young back court is outperforming as well and similarly, a game plan will develop to deal with them too.  This may be one of those "peaking too early" things, but it's fair to say they look very good right now.

It doesn't break my heart to see UK and Duke taking some lumps early in the season.

Ball pressure. Loyer and Smith need the hell pressured out of them. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ball pressure. Loyer and Smith need the hell pressured out of them. 

It’s tough …smith isn’t good because he’s athletic he’s good because he has coach level iq and he is tough with the ball ….these are the types of players pressure doesn’t phase much you just gotta out work them and use your length quickness and athleticism advantages where you have them 

5 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

It’s tough …smith isn’t good because he’s athletic he’s good because he has coach level iq and he is tough with the ball ….these are the types of players pressure doesn’t phase much you just gotta out work them and use your length quickness and athleticism advantages where you have them 

Well that's what ball pressure is. Bother them. The trick is to do it without fouling. 

Agree that's what separates those two guys, but I actually think Smith is pretty athletic, he's just 5'11/6' just like Yogi, who I thought was tremendously athletic. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

OK, since you don’t want to talk about Purdue, let’s discuss the other 350 teams! That’s important. What do you think of Wagner’s win over NJIT? Think they have a shot to take the Northeast conference title this year? Sacred Heart is the only other team that looks like it will contend. Central Connecticut looks terrible this year and Merrimack just got blown out by Bradley the other day 83-41. Long Island has Marko Maletic, a 6-6 sophomore who’s averaging 15.8 on 39.5% 3pt shooting (through five games, which isn’t a big sample size). Stone hill just lost to UMASS Lowell 73-59; a team that looks like the favorite to win the America East Conference (although Bryant looks good as well).

Rode island got beat again!

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well that's what ball pressure is. Bother them. The trick is to do it without fouling. 

Agree that's what separates those two guys, but I actually think Smith is pretty athletic, he's just 5'11/6' just like Yogi, who I thought was tremendously athletic. 

He is deceptively athletic I agree …our guards are faster and longer though ….some guys just handle pressure well and can use it against you ( ie foul trouble , creating easy buckets ) I didn’t see loyer more than a  few times so I can’t swear with him but smith handles just about anything thrown at him or figures it out quickly 

16 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I said from day one that I sure hope that Coach Woodson would pick up this guy. Those are the same type of players that kill us when we play an Iowa or a Wisconsin type of team and never here about in recruiting.

• Like 1