'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

I was skeptical of Duke when I saw they beat Oregon State 54-51. Oregon State is coming off a 3-27 season and is #222 in Kenpom. They're currently trailing Portland State 14-1 (seriously) in the last game of that event, and Portland State already beat them by 13 earlier this season (also seriously). 

A little disappointed that Xavier couldn't beat them or Gonzaga. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that the only thing that IU has over Purdue is the the national titles which is the most important. They lead the head to head by a wide margin and has more big ten titles. Some act like Purdue has never been good but that isn't the case.

What made the rivalry so fun in the 80'and 90's were that for theost part both teams were good.

Scott, Purdue isn’t a pimple on the map in terms of historic national relevance. They will never in our lifetime be a Blueblood in college basketball.

They win a game or two and suddenly have IU fans quivering? Oh man. That’s exactly the reaction these Purdue trolls want to read over here.

Crean won B1G titles here and was fired but suddenly 1st round Painter is a good coach? For Purdue yes. 

Lol. Gnite folks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I was skeptical of Duke when I saw they beat Oregon State 54-51. Oregon State is coming off a 3-27 season and is #222 in Kenpom. They're currently trailing Portland State 14-1 (seriously) in the last game of that event, and Portland State already beat them by 13 earlier this season (also seriously). 

A little disappointed that Xavier couldn't beat them or Gonzaga. 

Now this guy has it right. In my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, it’s not just on this thread.

And there are over 350 other teams playing college basketball, yet the conversation comes back to PUke all too often.

I open this thread to read about college basketball, not the Purdue fan club 

Why are you so threatened about Purdue. Earlier there were discussions about the UNC and Alabama game and the MSU and Portland game.  So for now on should we get your permission on what we can discuss on this board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Scott, Purdue isn’t a pimple on the map in terms of historic national relevance. They will never in our lifetime be a Blueblood in college basketball.

They win a game or two and suddenly have IU fans quivering? Oh man. That’s exactly the reaction these Purdue trolls want to read over here.

Crean won B1G titles here and was fired but suddenly 1st round Painter is a good coach? For Purdue yes. 

Lol. Gnite folks.

Never said they were national relevant but this is a discussion about the 2022-23 basketball season and they played and won today. It just is funny how butt hurt some get over a generic discussion about Purdue.  If they are so irrelevant and you don't care why are you so threatened about this discussion.

Again I have watched IU for ,50 years and knows all the history of both programs.  I hate Purdue with a passion but I am able to look past that as well.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Never said they were national relevant but this is a discussion about the 2022-23 basketball season and they played and won today. It just is funny how butt hurt some get over a genetic discussion about Purdue.  If they are so irrelevant and you don't care why are you so threatened about this discussion.

Again I have watched IU for ,50 years and knows all the history of both programs.  I hate Purdue with a passion but I am able to look past that as well.

In what way is genetics relevant?

The salivating is comical.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

In what way is genetics relevant?

The salivating is comical.

Why don't you just not open up this thread since a out college basketball.  I love IU and they are my passion but I love college basketball as a whole and will discuss all the meaningful games. If that yhreatens you then that is a you problem and not this boards problem.  I don't want IU to be Purdue and know we are a blue blood and they aren't but why does it threaten people to say they played a great 3 games in Portland.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why don't you just not open up this thread since a out college basketball.  I love IU and they are my passion but I love college basketball as a whole and will discuss all the meaningful games. If that yhreatens you then that is a you problem and not this boards problem.  I don't want IU to be Purdue and know we are a blue blood and they aren't but why does it threaten people to say they played a great 3 games in Portland.

What's your screen name on Gold and Black Illustrated again? Got one for Rupp Rafters too? 😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

I have never once went to another teams message board let alone ever posted on one. Some people are so insecure and threatened by an talk of another team

Not threatened or insecure at all... I watched the game today. Duke couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo. 36% from the field and 11% from 3 point land won't best many good teams. Lively was intimidated by Edey's size and gave Duke no inside presence... 

Purdue played well, but I wouldn't trade Trayce for Edey... Or X for Loyer... Or Jalen for Smith... Or Race for Gillis...

So I'm definitely not on the "they're better than IU" train... And to say they're a Final 4 team, well being the last time they were there I was in boot camp and since then retired from the USAF 22 years ago, just color me a little skeptical... 

I can't wait till 2/4/23... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You sure are awfully uptight tonight. Take it easy fella. Sheesh…

I don’t think anyone is trying to tell you what to discuss, what thread to open or suggest that you go find yourself another board like ‘rivals’. 🙄 

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not threatened or insecure at all... I watched the game today. Duke couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo. 36% from the field and 11% from 3 point land won't best many good teams. Lively was intimidated by Edey's size and gave Duke no inside presence... 

Purdue played well, but I wouldn't trade Trayce for Edey... Or X for Loyer... Or Jalen for Smith... Or Race for Gillis...

So I'm definitely not on the "they're better than IU" train... And to say they're a Final 4 team, well being the last time they were there I was in boot camp and since then retired from the USAF 22 years ago, just color me a little skeptical... 

I can't wait till 2/4/23... 

Where did I say I thought they were better than us. Where did I say they were a final four team

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I don’t think anyone is trying to tell you what to discuss, what thread to open or suggest that you go find yourself another board like ‘rivals’. 🙄 

That poster said it might be time for him to look at a new message board so I agreed with him.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

They’ve been better than us for basically the past 8 years…why wouldn’t I fawn over them? We should be the better team this year but man they are playing way better basketball then I thought this early in the season given their youth. The sentiment that now that Woody is here and recruiting we won’t have to worry about Purdue anymore I think is foolish. They are easily a team that could win the B1G this year and will give us problems for years to come.

You’re not consistent with your evaluations.  You unrealistically nitpick IU and unrealistically praise Purdue.  It’s becoming more and more obvious.  We all know you’ve got IU as a middle of the pack conference team.  You’re either going to be a hero or wear that like a Scarlett letter when you’re on an IU board.  

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, it’s not just on this thread.

And there are over 350 other teams playing college basketball, yet the conversation comes back to PUke all too often.

I open this thread to read about college basketball, not the Purdue fan club 

It’s probably because they are 1. Relevant to all our goals ( conference success and titles) 2. Our biggest competitor on the recruiting trail or near the top of the list 3. Our biggest competitor to fan base and 4. Chock full of indiana high school players who most guys on this board have followed as fans of high school basketball or from perspective iu recruiting.  

I grew up hating Purdue and this is an iu forum but , hate them all you want, they have consistency and recently they’ve outperformed us even though they have more of a “ smaller market “ aura which is frustrating.  I expect them to be discussed frequently for these reasons and hopefully we are back to a stretch where we win the majority of the matchups but Scott is right it’s more fun when they are good and we beat them 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Inequality said:

To be fair …He actually did suggest that 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Where did I say I thought they were better than us. Where did I say they were a final four team

Others did and you scolded posters for being "insecure and threatend." 

People seem to forget we beat them last year and might have had a sweep with a fair whistle at their place... With a team that's not as good as we have today...

So, are they good? Yes. Better than us? I don't think so... They'll have to prove that on 2/4

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Others did and you scolded posters for being "insecure and threatend." 

People seem to forget we beat them last year and might have had a sweep with a fair whistle at their place... With a team that's not as good as we have today...

So, are they good? Yes. Better than us? I don't think so... They'll have to prove that on 2/4

.......I will add to this "worn out" attention, focused on Purdue,....(I may be speaking for others on here too), but I, for one am still reeling about Dexter's terrible injury, loosing the Bucket, and the downward spiral of this football team! It's like all I am hearing is.... Purdue, Purdue, Purdue!...... It sort of reminds of of that creepy clown that keeps showing up out of no where. Good grief. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1