'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Don't really want to start a whole new thread for this, and it doesn't really belong here, but I'm going to stick it here because it does not belong anywhere else either.

Just as we start to feel good about our team, negative publicity crawls out of the woodwork.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tom-crean-on-taking-over-iu-we-would-clean-out-lockers-and-find-lighters-and-roach-clips/ar-AA14QjdX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=04f60f527a954d52a47db16fd29860c6

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Don't really want to start a whole new thread for this, and it doesn't really belong here, but I'm going to stick it here because it does not belong anywhere else either.

Just as we start to feel good about our team, negative publicity crawls out of the woodwork.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tom-crean-on-taking-over-iu-we-would-clean-out-lockers-and-find-lighters-and-roach-clips/ar-AA14QjdX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=04f60f527a954d52a47db16fd29860c6

Wasn't a lot of that already known, maybe not about the lockers but everything else.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That belongs in this one:

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Chapman probably wanted all their numbers so he could score something... 🙂 

But, it's irrelevant... The only 2 that Coach Woodson would probably want to visit would be DJ and EJ...

And another reason when I hear "oh, Sampson only made phone calls that are now permitted!" I get pissed...

In a short period of time, he'd changed the culture and not for the better...

Screw him and Adam Herbert... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I heard DD say just last week or beginning of this week how a bunch of those dudes were druggies.  I worked construction with a guy that claimed his buddy sold hard drugs to a few of those players back in the day.  It is old news and thankful we have turned the page.  Really closed the book.  Also makes you appreciate what Crean did in short time.   

• Like 2

The players on our team were between 5-8 years old when Samscum last coached IU. The relevance of this article to the team today is meaningless. 
CMW has transformed the program to one that is quickly acquiring respect, and for some, that’s not palatable. 
This article shows a weakness in character of the guy who thought dredging up the past would negatively affect this group of guys. The character of this team puts the writer to shame 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The players on our team were between 5-8 years old when Samscum last coached IU. The relevance of this article to the team today is meaningless. 
CMW has transformed the program to one that is quickly acquiring respect, and for some, that’s not palatable. 
This article shows a weakness in character of the guy who thought dredging up the past would negatively affect this group of guys. The character of this team puts the writer to shame 

You really think the writer wrote this article with the intent of trying to negatively impact this year's team?

Like, the writer didn't like that IU is good and thought to come up with a way to ruin that, and this is what he came up with?

Crean gave an interview on a podcast where he went deeper on what happened when he took over IU then he has in the past. It's noteworthy/semi-interesting, but ultimately a tiny blip on the radar. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

You really think the writer wrote this article with the intent of trying to negatively impact this year's team?

Like, the writer didn't like that IU is good and thought to come up with a way to ruin that, and this is what he came up with?

Crean gave an interview on a podcast where he went deeper on what happened when he took over IU then he has in the past. It's noteworthy/semi-interesting, but ultimately a tiny blip on the radar. 

No. More in response to the comments that now that the program seems to be getting back on track, that stories are resurfacing to put us down 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If you are looking for a warmup to our game today, the PFW Dons are on ESPNU a 3:00 v the Oakland Golden Grizzlies 

Today I learned two of Oakland's guards are former 38th ranked,  MSU recruit Rocket Watts and Jalen Moore of Cloverdale, who scored 2,440 career points in high school, and averaged 36.8 as a senior.

• Like 2