'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'll wait and see. False allegations for domestic abuse aren't uncommon and details in the moment can get exaggerated.  I've been witness to the latter myself. 

Agreed we should wait on the full facts, but it looks pretty bad and if it is what it looks like, he should be fired. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but 2am with a level 3 felony for strangulation of a family member.  Probably not self defense 

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed we should wait on the full facts, but it looks pretty bad and if it is what it looks like, he should be fired. 

Not lookin' good.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but 2am with a level 3 felony for strangulation of a family member.  Probably not self defense 

I never said self defense. And if the person who made the call wasn't the one allegedly assaulted then anything could have been said. 

If the charge is accurate then physical and photo evidence will show it. 

I guess my frustration lies in the fact that this is a headline now and in 2020 in a lot of people's minds an arrest is guilty regardless of outcome. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I never said self defense. And if the person who made the call wasn't the one allegedly assaulted then anything could have been said. 

If the charge is accurate then physical and photo evidence will show it. 

I guess my frustration lies in the fact that this is a headline now and in 2020 in a lot of people's minds an arrest is guilty regardless of outcome. 

I agree and maybe he walked in on wife with another man and choked her out I don't know but the initial reports do not look favorable for Beard. I wholeheartedly believe in innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately our society convicts in the court of public opinion

• Like 1

In my opinion, choking is at a different level than most other forms of domestic abuse.  All forms are bad.  But, wrapping your hands around someone's throat and squeezing are indicators of an extreme level of anger (or madness).

Not convicting Beard yet, but someone who is guilty of choking someone in the manner implied in this case cannot hold a position as a leader of young men.  If true, it has to be career ending, at least at the college level.

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

In my opinion, choking is at a different level than most other forms of domestic abuse.  All forms are bad.  But, wrapping your hands around someone's throat and squeezing are indicators of an extreme level of anger (or madness).

Not convicting Beard yet, but someone who is guilty of choking someone in the manner implied in this case cannot hold a position as a leader of young men.  If true, it has to be career ending, at least at the college level.

Could not agree more !

Drunken argument…OWI…..suspended with counseling 

This is “Gots to go” 

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'd normally agree, but back to my Auburn example, I'd think hiring prostitutes on company phones, harassing SA survivors, and forcing high school girls to change in front of you would also be disqualifying. And yet they still hired Hugh Freeze. 

Auburn can forgive anything as long as you say the right religious bullshit. 

EDIT: Not saying religion is bullshit, saying the type where you use it to get out of trouble and accountability is. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, there's a whole 30 for 30 about a basketball coach from Bloomington, IN and whether or not he did that exact thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just pointing out that a 3rd degree felony in Texas is the equivalent of a level 6 in Indiana.  So the lowest level. 

They upcharge because they know it will get plead down. 

I'm not familiar with the categorization of felonies.  I have my own personal perceptions of felony rankings.

If I am comparing 'levels' of domestic abuse, for example, tossing someone against the wall in anger is a disgusting crime to commit and should be punished.  But choking someone?  That takes things to a whole new level.  It's a very personal and a very dangerous thing to do.  It combines both anger and madness.  

It would be something I myself, might do to someone that raped my daughter, but not something that is justifiable in a standard domestic dispute scenario.

• Like 3

Just now, 5fouls said:

I'm not familiar with the categorization of felonies.  I have my own personal perceptions of felony rankings.

If I am comparing 'levels' of domestic abuse, for example, tossing someone against the wall in anger is a disgusting crime to commit and should be punished.  But choking someone?  That takes things to a whole new level.  It's a very personal and a very dangerous thing to do.  It combines both anger and madness.  

It would be something I myself, might do to someone that raped my daughter, but not something that is justifiable in a standard domestic dispute scenario.

What if Beard caught his wife cheating?

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, there's a whole 30 for 30 about a basketball coach from Bloomington, IN and whether or not he did that exact thing.

I've evolved as a person over the last 35 years.  The things I looked away from that Knight did when I was 20 are not things I would ignore today at 57.

• Like 7