'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

An absolutely atrocious no-call in the Florida-Tennessee game.  Florida player beyond the arc pump fakes Tennessee defender in the air.  Tennessee defender literally lands on top of him and there is no foul call.  I exaggerate not...worst no-call I've seen in a loooooong time.

About how much time was left in the game?  Im trying to find the replay.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

About how much time was left in the game?  I'm trying to find the replay.  

Man, I wish I'd noted it.  Pretty confident 2nd half but I don't think it was like in the last two minutes or anything.  White was pissed.  Called a timeout and spent the whole timeout talking to the refs.  It was really bad though.  The announcers were all over it.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

About how much time was left in the game?  Im trying to find the replay.  

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man, I wish I'd noted it.  Pretty confident 2nd half but I don't think it was like in the last two minutes or anything.  White was pissed.  Called a timeout and spent the whole timeout talking to the refs.  It was really bad though.  The announcers were all over it.

Here you go...even Kentucky fans could see it was bad...

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/one-of-the-worst-non-calls-ever-happened-tonight-florida-vs-tennessee.360370/

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Honestly? Is it a foul? Yes. But, there really wasn't a ton of contact there. 

The second the defender touches the shooter, the shooter sort of jumped backwards and onto the ground. 

Foul? Sure. But I was expecting WAY worse when I clicked to watch the video. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The second the defender touches the shooter, the shooter sort of jumped backwards and onto the ground. 

Well sure...I've seen worse fouls, but they were all called. 😂😂😂

I'm not saying that he punched the guy in the nuts or anything...I was just very surprised that there was no call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well sure...I've seen worse fouls, but they were all called. 😂😂😂

I'm not saying that he punched the guy in the nuts or anything...I was just very surprised that there was no call.

I meant that I've seen worse no-calls. I thought it was a foul, but I've seen comments about this play all morning, so was expecting a lot worse. 

I think what you have is an offensive player attempting to bait a defender into a foul, the defender falling for it and touching the shooter, but the shooter also flopping a bit to "sell it". 

It was a foul, but I'm guessing the official wasn't going to bail out the sort of flop to sell it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I meant that I've seen worse no-calls. I thought it was a foul, but I've seen comments about this play all morning, so was expecting a lot worse. 

I think what you have is an offensive player attempting to bait a defender into a foul, the defender falling for it and touching the shooter, but the shooter also flopping a bit to "sell it". 

It was a foul, but I'm guessing the official wasn't going to bail out the sort of flop to sell it. 

I have no doubt you've seen worse as you've likely watched more basketball than I have but that looked very bad to me and yeah, I'm being 100% serious when I say that I don't remember personally seeing a worse no-call.  A little selling?  Likely, but that one to me didn't require any selling.

The larger point here is that lots of folks complain about Big Ten Referees, but I don't see any better in the SEC.

• Like 1

It could be an offensive foul 😉... the defensive player went up in the air and the offensive player jumped into him so that he was not able to land. It is unclear whether the defender was going to land in the same spot or not since the offensive player jumped into. 

Personally, shooters jumping into a player and then throwing up a three pointer to get a foul call is one of my pet peeves. I would be very happy if they stopped calling those garbage foul calls when the offensive player goes out of their way to initiate contact. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Same. The offensive player flopped way worse than the actual contact was, and the TN player almost jumped straight up, which wouldn't have been a foul (he probably came forward like 6 inches).

I think the ref probably saw how bad the flop was and convinced himself there wasn't an actual foul. It was a foul, but the thing that looks really bad there is the flop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaloisGroupe said:

It could be an offensive foul 😉... the defensive player went up in the air and the offensive player jumped into him so that he was not able to land. It is unclear whether the defender was going to land in the same spot or not since the offensive player jumped into. 

Personally, shooters jumping into a player and then throwing up a three pointer to get a foul call is one of my pet peeves. I would be very happy if they stopped calling those garbage foul calls when the offensive player goes out of their way to initiate contact. 

Same feeling, especially on a 1 on 1 fast break and the ball handler jumps into the defender, then up for a layup. Annoying

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anyone know how the Luke Brown experiment is going at Ball St. I saw he had 6 pts the other night but has mostly struggled to get playing time this year. Would have thought he would be starting by now.

image.png.11f3042bc0fa28d5480abfabe192b792.png

Not great, but not terrible for a freshman...Shooting better from 3 than from 2...

• Thanks 2