'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think there were words in the hand shake line (which needs to be abolished) lol 

Probably, but still…. somebody running their mouth at you would cause you to act like that!? Tuck your head and take your rear-end to the locker room after you lose. Unless somebody put their hands on you, quit acting like a fool. He’s prob the weakest kid on the team too. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 3:19 PM, dgambill said:

Anyone know how the Luke Brown experiment is going at Ball St. I saw he had 6 pts the other night but has mostly struggled to get playing time this year. Would have thought he would be starting by now.

On 1/27/2022 at 4:29 PM, IUFLA said:

Ah, well we'd probably have to have @IU/Butler/Notre Dame make a special guest appearance for that 4-1-1 :D 

On 1/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, btownqb said:

33% vs 31%.. his 2 is higher. I'm confused.  

Sorry guys, my stepson is a senior at Blackford this year.  It’s a different experience for sure but they appear to get along well and enjoy the game even though they are obviously less competitive.  My daughter is a junior and my youngest is a first grader so the Purdue game is the only one I’ve seen live and I haven’t been on much.  Perhaps more surprisingly, I’ve yet to go to a ball state game as Blackfords schedule has almost entirely overlapped with bsu for home games.  I have recorded and watched every bsu game.  I still stay in touch with Luke’s dad and Luke’s roommate works at our local jail/sheriffs department and he plays basketball in our rec league frequently Luke has stopped with him twice but those are the only brief opportunities I’ve had to catch up at all. 

The 411 is as follows.  Luke had a hip injury and they attempted to redshirt him but his transfer created some problems as far as how to effectuate it without losing commensurate time so they have chosen to simply build his minutes ( started around 8-12  the  northern Illinois the other night was his most at 17).  My guess is he will hit low to mid 20’s through the remainder of the mac schedule.  He has matched Bumbaloughs production the last two games while playing less than half the minutes which will start to show but the problem, as you all understand I’m sure, bumbalogh is the captain and leader of the team and he’s a great kid.  It’s tough to play a lineup with both of them for obvious defensive reasons so that will be something they have to game plan a bit.

As far as fit it’s head and shoulders above Stetson.  Bumbalough fought for brown to come and the other kids are very welcoming.

should anyone of you get a chance to watch a game MY observation ( this is not a brown family critique that was relayed) is that ball state had its already selected players then they added brown , Mickey Pearson ( a third year freshman from tcu) , Jaylen wyndem ( transfer from creighton ).  Coach Whitman has about 9 kids he has essentially promised 20 plus minutes and it leads to very sloppy 4 and 5 minute rotations where there isn’t much opportunity to get in a  rhythm.  Second they have a couple unselfish players but they have a very one on one offense with little ball movement. Looks like an indiana all star game …the first or second pass is gonna result in a shot.  Luke is feeling less worried about upsetting people as he’s gotten 5 and 7 shots up the last couple games so I think you’ll see him be a little more assertive moving forwards

assuming he continues to get closer to 100% my guess is he will end the season NOT starting but playing 23-30 minutes based on their current makeup and current operation.

side note ….PAYTON SPARKS…. He had a thread on here and I posted cause I saw him play six times.  Said he didn’t have the conditioning or aggressiveness for the big ten but had all the physical gifts.  Kid lost about 25 lbs of bad weight and they have him looking to score.  He has serval games around 20 points and 10 rebounds as a true freshman.  Kid is gonna be a stud and him and luke in 3 years are gonna be really really fun to watch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

KY playing out of their minds against Kansas.  Up 49-31 with a minute first half.

UK shoots 62% for the half.  They basically ran KU out of Allen Field House.  UK superior quickness and rebounding...also mad D.   Impressive, I'm sad to say.  Hoping for a tale of two halves, but 20 points is a deep hole.