'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched Kansas a few times and the games I have seen  they don't seem that great. I really don't know how they are 17-2 because I don't think their talent level is elite.  They have one great player and the rest are just descent players.

I don't think they're coming back in this one...

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched Kansas a few times and the games I have seen  they don't seem that great. I really don't know how they are 17-2 because I don't think their talent level is elite.  They have one great player and the rest are just descent players.

Hopefully, KU gets their junk handed to them in Ames this week. 

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Sports writers are a joke, 5,6 and 7 loss teams ranked in the top 25. This is why none of them should ever get to vote on anything meaningful, like HoF voting. Heisman Trophy. Dog catcher.

Who should vote then? 

Players are completely biased. Coaches are laser-focused on their own team and opponents, and are also biased. 

Sport writers have their biases as well, I get that, but they are the ones that also pay attention to the entire landscape, etc. 

From what I understand most coaches don't even complete the coaches poll each week, they just pass it off to their SID's. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Who should vote then? 

Players are completely biased. Coaches are laser-focused on their own team and opponents, and are also biased. 

Sport writers have their biases as well, I get that, but they are the ones that also pay attention to the entire landscape, etc. 

From what I understand most coaches don't even complete the coaches poll each week, they just pass it off to their SID's. 

I couldn't care less about rankings and it is good that in college basketball they don't really influence who gets into tbe tournament.  The only one  I care about is who is #1 after the tournament.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Who should vote then? 

Says the sports writer… 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

Who should vote then? 

I agree...100%...but I also think sports writing has gone WAY WAY WAY down in quality over the years. Not sure which ones get's votes...but I would hate to see what Knight felt about sports writers today if we KNOW what he felt about them 30 years ago lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

Who should vote then? 

No one who went to school to talk sports because they couldnt play themselves and were beat up on the playground if they tried.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

So no other alternatives?

Get 10-12 ex coaches (probably working in the media) to head up a committee to rank them? ex would be guys like Lavin, Greenberg etc?? Not saying it would be any better but at least they probably watch a good majority of games and understand what they are seeing.