'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Wow, what does it say when a win over LVille lowers your NET rating

Could be caused by some of their losses are losing and falling further down the hole pulling them with them.  Such as losing to IU who just lost to NW.  Regardless of the reason we lost, the NET and all other metrics don't take suspended players into account.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Could be caused by some of their losses are losing and falling further down the hole pulling them with them.  Such as losing to IU who just lost to NW.  Regardless of the reason we lost, the NET and all other metrics don't take suspended players into account.

I get it, but was addressing how far LVille has fallen

52 minutes ago, rico said:

Just looking through the conference standings from across the land.  Noticed that Iowa St. is in the cellar of the Big 12.

And before this weeks rankings were updated they were still ranked 20th. Couple other teams in top 25 last week (LSU/Bama) that had no business there as well. Word must have got out because all disappeared this week from rankings.

Bigger thing to me is you could have (based on rankings/polls) a dozen or so teams seeded on the 6-9 line (us included) that you have no clue what to expect come tourney. One step further those 6/7 seed teams could easily show up and beat those 2/3 seed teams. Similar to what USC/Oregon did to Kansas/Iowa last year.

Hilarious...I'm watching some of Villanova-Seton Hall, and before the tip Donny Marshall says, "one of the best environments you'll see in college basketball all season!"

They're playing in the Sixers arena. You could not have a more sterile college basketball environment, except maybe a Maryland game this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Hilarious...I'm watching some of Villanova-Seton Hall, and before the tip Donny Marshall says, "one of the best environments you'll see in college basketball all season!"

They're playing in the Sixers arena. You could not have a more sterile college basketball environment, except maybe a Maryland game this year. 

Maybe PSU as well

• Like 1

Being from Chicago and having a parent who used to be on faculty there, I have a little bit of insight with DePaul. Their administration has been terrible, but I think the biggest problem was they played at all state arena which was about 45 minutes away from campus. It was horrible. They finally built an arena close to campus (a few train stops away) and I think it’ll be a huge boost for that program to at least stabilize itself and out of the perpetual cellar in the big East. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Being from Chicago and having a parent who used to be on faculty there, I have a little bit of insight with DePaul. Their administration has been terrible, but I think the biggest problem was they played at all state arena which was about 45 minutes away from campus. It was horrible. They finally built an arena close to campus (a few train stops away) and I think it’ll be a huge boost for that program to at least stabilize itself and out of the perpetual cellar in the big East. 

Chicago kids going elsewhere isn't helping.