'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, rico said:

That Christian Braun is a ball player for KU.

Agree with that.  Watching all these different teams play and to me the huge difference between them and us are wing players.  Most of the good teams has more length and athletic ability than we do.  Also the good teams just had a fire in them that I don't see from us.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Agree with that.  Watching all these different teams play and to me the huge difference between them and us ate wing players.  Most of the good teams has more length and athletic ability than we do.  Also the good teams just had a fire in them that I don't see from us.

Completely agree. It's length, athleticism and shot making on the wing, as well as most teams having a stretch 4 too. 

I'm watching these games with no emotional investment and really seeing nothing different offensively except for personnel. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. It's length, athleticism and shot making on the wing, as well as most teams having a stretch 4 too. 

I'm watching these games with no emotional investment and really seeing nothing different offensively except for personnel. 

Every team pretty much runs the same thing.  Some of these teams just shows toughness at the end of the games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Proves the point of how long/much it takes an early season ranked team to fall out of the rankings 

I think in this case, it's a number of coaches, possibly even their own, favoring them for some odd reason. Kenpom had them in the 40's even when the AP had them ranked #8. Their non-con SOS is 332. 

Not to mention they were 2-22 last year. 

Edited by TheWatShot

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did not think that it deserved its own thread but I thought this was a good article that goes into many of the things that led to the feud between the General and Coach K. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/excerpt-inside-the-unraveling-of-coach-k-and-bobby-knights-complicated-relationship-135331037.html

This is interesting.  I knew they had a bad patch in their relationship after the Final Four game in 1992, but I thought they had gone on record many years ago saying it had been repaired and all was good.  I know Coach K has been complimentary of Knight publicly, most recently when Duke came to Assembly Hall to play when Archie was coaching.  It appears, according to this, they never got back on good terms at all.  What a shame.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Did not think that it deserved its own thread but I thought this was a good article that goes into many of the things that led to the feud between the General and Coach K. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/excerpt-inside-the-unraveling-of-coach-k-and-bobby-knights-complicated-relationship-135331037.html

This one made me laugh in retrospect...

"Coach K was being widely portrayed as everything that was right about major college sports, and Knight, increasingly, as everything that was wrong about them."

• Like 1