'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

20 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Im fully expecting him to retire at the end of the season.  

Butler is in a tail spin as well.  Got slammed yesterday by st johns on a 5 o'clock tip.

I expect Jordan to be gone and I heard a name that some close to program like but can't remember.  I threw out the names Schrage and Michaelewis but he felt they have their guy pegged andnits not Ronald Nored. I wish I was paying more attention 

Nova at UConn is one of the best finishes I've seen all year. 

UConn was down 4 with 25 seconds, took a timeout. 

Hit a quick three.

Trapped the inbound, forced a held ball and had the possession arrow.

Took another timeout. Layup with ~5 seconds left to take the lead.

Nova goes coast to coast after a timeout and is called for a charge at the rim with one second left. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Nova at UConn is one of the best finishes I've seen all year. 

UConn was down 4 with 25 seconds, took a timeout. 

Hit a quick three.

Trapped the inbound, forced a held ball and had the possession arrow.

Took another timeout. Layup with ~5 seconds left to take the lead.

Nova goes coast to coast after a timeout and is called for a charge at the rim with one second left. 

great game.  Hurley got booted for firing up his crowd.  Quite ridiculous of a call after already t-ing him up.  Those last two calls were extremely favorable for UConn.  The jump ball was a muggin.  The charge, uhhh.  I hate NCAA officiating.  Just no call a charge/block for once a season.  But I prefer Nova gets chomped down a few blocks so I was happy.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

great game.  Hurley got booted for firing up his crowd.  Quite ridiculous of a call after already t-ing him up.  Those last two calls were extremely favorable for UConn.  The jump ball was a muggin.  The charge, uhhh.  I hate NCAA officiating.  Just no call a charge/block for once a season.  But I prefer Nova gets chomped down a few blocks so I was happy.  

Agreed on all counts. The jump ball it looked like they had Gillespie in a head lock but I wasn’t complaining!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The ejection seemed kind of bogus to me.  He was barely at Francon 4 (1 being the highest).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

The ejection seemed kind of bogus to me.  He was barely at Francon 4 (1 being the highest).

Honestly both techs were incredibly weak, but to give him two back to back for that is beyond laughable....

Having said that, I wish Big Ten refs would be quicker with techs for some of the coaches. Such a wild contrast when you see a coach get tossed for that, but then you see guys like Fran, Izzo, etc. verbally abuse refs in ways that might make CMK blush and they are rewarded with more calls in their favor. 

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Honestly both techs were incredibly weak, but to give him two back to back for that is beyond laughable....

Having said that, I wish Big Ten refs would be quicker with techs for some of the coaches. Such a wild contrast when you see a coach get tossed for that, but then you see guys like Fran, Izzo, etc. verbally abuse refs in ways that might make CMK blush and they are rewarded with more calls in their favor. 

Izzo got one last night in Iowa when the Spartans were getting it kicked...

• Thanks 1