'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 minute ago, IUJoe said:

Very little chance either one of them will be in the NIT.  Virtually no chance for PFW.

I dunno about that.  If Cleveland St. loses later on, then I do believe P-FW ties for the regular season championship.  And I thought regular season champs in the mid-majors got NIT invites?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I dunno about that.  If Cleveland St. loses later on, then I do believe P-FW ties for the regular season championship.  And I thought regular season champs in the mid-majors got NIT invites?

They can’t be the #1 seed though.  So I don’t know if the NIT could take them or not.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just don't see how LaVall Jordan survives after this season. I don't care either way with Butler but even they have to have a bit of pride right? That whole Butler way thing....

Well Butler has made the meteoric rise to the top of the hoops world, conference wise.  The "Butler Way" may have worked fine when they were a mid-major.  Time to get a coach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Honestly, I really don't know how it works.  

I could be wrong, but I think Cleveland State is the only team eligible for the automatic NIT bid because they have clinched the #1 seed.  But PFW is playing well enough that they certainly could win the Horizon tournament.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Arkansas downs Kentucky. Interesting move by Cal pulling his bench off the floor with 5 seconds to go just in case of court storming.....which didn't happen. 

Good start to a good basketball week-end for me!!

First 2 southwest Indiana teams win girls state basketball championships and then Peeyuu loses and tot op it off, pUKe goes down as well!!

Now, to make it perfect, the Hoosiers need to win at the Barn tomorrow!!

Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 2

Watching a lot of college basketball today, and the good teams I'm watching do not have to guys in the post. Several of them rarely have anyone in the post. 

Watching Auburn-Tennesee now and on both ends the lane is typically wide open with bigs either spacing the floor on the perimeter or setting ball screens. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Watching a lot of college basketball today, and the good teams I'm watching do not have to guys in the post. Several of them rarely have anyone in the post. 

Watching Auburn-Tennesee now and on both ends the lane is typically wide open with bigs either spacing the floor on the perimeter or setting ball screens. 

And Auburn had two 6’10+ future top 20 picks at the 4 and 5.

Also… absolutely terrible call against UT at the end of the half. Laughably bad. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And Auburn had two 6’10+ future top 20 picks at the 4 and 5.

Also… absolutely terrible call against UT at the end of the half. Laughably bad. 

Yup, and Tennessee has both bigs on the perimeter too and it doesn't look like either really is a shooter. Just going on what I saw, haven't looked at stats. 

Point is, the games I'm watching outside the Big Ten, these teams have so much better spacing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, and Tennessee has both bigs on the perimeter too and it doesn't look like either really is a shooter. Just going on what I saw, haven't looked at stats. 

Point is, the games I'm watching outside the Big Ten, these teams have so much better spacing. 

Well it is not helping UT offense since they only have 31 points in 25 minutes.

Another thing watching these games had made realize that IU needs to change some things when it comes to the game environment.  We have to change to where we get a big student section all in the same area.  The thing with AH is that on the sides the fans and aren't close to the floor.  I thought I stead of remodeling AH it would be best to build a new arena to have better sight lines for the fans.

Edited by IU Scott

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another thing watching these games had made realize that IU needs to change some things when it comes to the game environment.  We have to change to where we get a big student section all in the same area.  The thing with AH is that on the sides the fans and aren't close to the floor.  I thought I stead of remodeling AH it would be best to build a new arena to have better sight lines for the fans.

I agree Scott. I realize AH is iconic, but much of the seating is terrible for watching a game. I feel like they wasted $50 M of the Simon’s money. 

• Confused 1