'23-'24 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Being in my car most of the day I listen to a lot of sports talk radio.  Those commercials has already started about men getting snipped do they can stay home to watch the tournament.  I never needed an excuse to take those teo days off and wonder why anybody had yo make up stuff to dysu home watch basketball.  I put in my PTO time a few months in advance and they don't ask why I am asking why I am taking two days off.

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Being in my car most of the day I listen to a lot of sports talk radio.  Those commercials has already started about men getting snipped do they can stay home to watch the tournament.  I never needed an excuse to take those teo days off and wonder why anybody had yo make up stuff to dysu home watch basketball.  I put in my PTO time a few months in advance and they don't ask why I am asking why I am taking two days off.

I scheduled hernia surgery the Wednesday before the ncaa tournament in 2000.  

• Like 1

Tubby Smith steps down as High Point's coach, effectively immediately.  Story references bout with Covid 19 as a factor.  He may have coached at UK, but I always have had a lot of respect for Tubby.  Quality man.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33304670/tubby-smith-steps-high-point-panthers-men-basketball-coach-son-gg-smith-takes-over

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Wonder how long until Ewing is gone, currently 0-14 in league play. He is a big name for them, but I don't imagine that in his 5th season they expected to be this bad.

Im fully expecting him to retire at the end of the season.  

Butler is in a tail spin as well.  Got slammed yesterday by st johns on a 5 o'clock tip.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Wonder how long until Ewing is gone, currently 0-14 in league play. He is a big name for them, but I don't imagine that in his 5th season they expected to be this bad.

Dam, I bet he didn't lose that many game his entire playing career at Georgetown.

• Like 1

I talked about the lack of good shooting in the college game today.  I am watching an old IU game from 86 at MSU. They just showed the big ten stats and this was the second to the last game of the year. Ken Norman led the big ten in shooting at 65 percent. Scott Smiles a 6'2 guard who shot outside shot 58 percent and was 5th in the conference

Alford was 10th at 55 percent. Also Alford was 4th in the conference in Free throws at 89 percent

• Like 1