USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

I just want to know the cost and what it's going to look like. 

Until ESPN+ recent price increase.... I was paying $5.99 a month and I could watch any SEC baseball game/some MLB games/whatever else. That's a fair price. 

Am I going to have that sort of option with this new set up? I certainly hope so. If not, the B1G are a bunch of phonies and this article is the biggest BS I've read. They can't yap about being the absolute best in broadcasting, if they are still second to the SEC and ESPN. 

The opportunity is there.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know about that.  ESPN normally carried games during the week.  I am hoping that Peacock or Paramount+ takes those games.

It won’t be paramount they will stream whatever games CBS have. Only peacock. I believe the article stated 47 games? So I’m guessing FS1 and BTN will really have to expand their coverage. 

Edited by IUskim

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just want to know the cost and what it's going to look like. 

Until ESPN+ recent price increase.... I was paying $5.99 a month and I could watch any SEC baseball game/some MLB games/whatever else. That's a fair price. 

Am I going to have that sort of option with this new set up? I certainly hope so. If not, the B1G are a bunch of phonies and this article is the biggest BS I've read. They can't yap about being the absolute best in broadcasting, if they are still second to the SEC and ESPN. 

The opportunity is there.

I saw you said you have xfinity so I don’t know if it’s different for you but looking up the pricing it’s 4.99 for live sporting events on peacock but if you want ad-free it’s 9.99 but it doesn’t say anything about having unlimited access like ESPN+ I would guess we would have to look into the BTN app once this deal actually goes into effect and see if they go along the same ways as ESPN+

• Like 1

Just now, IUskim said:

I saw you said you have xfinity so I don’t know if it’s different for you but looking up the pricing it’s 4.99 for live sporting events on peacock but if you want ad-free it’s 9.99 but it doesn’t say anything about having unlimited access like ESPN+ I would guess we would have to look into the BTN app once this deal actually goes into effect and see if they go along the same ways as ESPN+

Right right. That's where I wish the press release was more detailed. Like to me, that press release just told us everything we already assumed, right? 

Not meaning I have an issue with you posting it, just so anxious to see what this all looks like. Fox, CBS, NBC, and B1G could really have something here. Just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right right. That's where I wish the press release was more detailed. Like to me, that press release just told us everything we already assumed, right? 

Not meaning I have an issue with you posting it, just so anxious to see what this all looks like. Fox, CBS, NBC, and B1G could really have something here. Just my opinion. 

Yeah. I guess we will see, but the way everyone’s quoted in that article it’s not going to be setup that way. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Let the streaming wars begin! Just checked the current channel listings. YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling and Philo do not show Peacock listed! 

You just need to be able to get the Peacock app right?

I have a Chromecast in my living room, and I'm pretty sure I can get the app through that... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUskim said:

I banged on Warren plenty. Most of it deserved but major hat tip to him. When he was in the room with Goodell negotiating TV deals he must have picked up something. As others have been saying all day this a NFL version TV deal at the college level. Own all the networks prime slots the entire day. 

I know we are probably worried about basketball more but I think things will shake out between the Big 3 and FS1/Peacock....but IU will be on the Big 3 as much as anyone. 

So each school will basically get $60-$65M per year now with escalators in there for down the road. Some happy Presidents around the conference today. Guarantee some academic type right now is angling for a new geology department hahaha.....serious, serious loot though. Kudos to Big 10.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I banged on Warren plenty. Most of it deserved but major hat tip to him. When he was in the room with Goodell negotiating TV deals he must have picked up something. As others have been saying all day this a NFL version TV deal at the college level. Own all the networks prime slots the entire day. 

I know we are probably worried about basketball more but I think things will shake out between the Big 3 and FS1/Peacock....but IU will be on the Big 3 as much as anyone. 

So each school will basically get $60-$65M per year now with escalators in there for down the road. Some happy Presidents around the conference today. Guarantee some academic type right now is angling for a new geology department hahaha.....serious, serious loot though. Kudos to Big 10.

Outside of playing Alabama AM... I doubt we spend much time on Peacock.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think most of our games will probably be on BTN and FS1. With CBS and NBC actually having scripted shows and game shows and such I don’t see them carrying many weeknight basketball games. We might have one random non conference game on peacock. I think it stated 32 conference games and 15 non cons will be on peacock. I also read on ESPN that this deal will eventually get the schools 80-100M per year so good for them. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I heard if you have Xfinity or Comcast cable and internet that Peacock is free

They have a free option on the app... Just wonder if they'll have IU basketball on the free option. If not, $4.99 a month would be worth it.

But I think @btownqbis right... I don't think we'll be on Peacock much

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Let the streaming wars begin! Just checked the current channel listings. YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling and Philo do not show Peacock listed! 

It's not a linear cable channel, it's a streaming service like ESPN+ or Netflix.

And yes, Big Ten games will be on the pay version so you'll need to fork over $5/mo.

Does this take effect this season?  

So we will likely have november that we will be paying for trash B1G student.  Then they will strategically spread out a few games on peacock so you will have to pay for multiple months.  

Interested to see this thing shake all the way out.  Seems like ABC/ESPN sec / acc are going to have to make a counter move.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does this take effect this season?  

So we will likely have november that we will be paying for trash B1G student.  Then they will strategically spread out a few games on peacock so you will have to pay for multiple months.  

Interested to see this thing shake all the way out.  Seems like ABC/ESPN sec / acc are going to have to make a counter move.  

No this deal doesn’t kick in until July 1 2023

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

So we will likely have november that we will be paying for trash B1G student.  Then they will strategically spread out a few games on peacock so you will have to pay for multiple months

As @IUskimsaid next year. But get ready for it, somebody has to pay for these billion $ contracts! Guess who that is?

We already have the Peacock premium.  I got it so we could watch the 500 in May and we've kept it and probably watch it more than a lot of the other apps.  They have a lot of good movies on there and my kids spent their summer break binge watching The Office for the first time.  Worth it outside of just the sports in my opinion.  

• Like 1