USC and UCLA to the Big Ten ?

18 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

We already have the Peacock premium.  I got it so we could watch the 500 in May and we've kept it and probably watch it more than a lot of the other apps.  They have a lot of good movies on there and my kids spent their summer break binge watching The Office for the first time.  Worth it outside of just the sports in my opinion.  

I would also add that Peacock has "The Dan Patrick Show."

• Like 3

Thought this was a good story. Guy that broke the USC to Big 10 was a self described nobody who was very active on Minnesota Message Boards.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2022-08-19/greg-flugaur-minnesota-fan-broke-usc-move-big-ten

The part I thought was funny is that when he first posted the stuff his source called him and said you are being followed now by someone at the Big 10 office.

Hardest thing in the world to do is sit on juicy stuff because of everything that comes with it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rico said:

I always wondered about the UCLA-Cal thing.  

I was more wondering if the California legislature is going to let state schools go to the Big 10.

There's word around the campfire they might not... 

Maybe Oregon is positioning to move in if they ixnay the Bruins... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I was more wondering if the California legislature is going to let state schools go to the Big 10.

There's word around the campfire they might not... 

Maybe Oregon is positioning to move in if they ixnay the Bruins... 

I thought campfires were illegal in California?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"He explained the conference still has their eyes on Notre Dame, but is also interested in adding Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, and Washington."

Typo or are they talking about adding Washington and Washington St?  They are at 16 with USC and UCLA, so I am guessing pick 4 from that list.  If they had to pull Cal to keep UCLA then do they add Oregon and shoot for Notre Dame and Stanford with the Washington teams being on the outside looking in?  And if they do this, they are basically leaving the south to the SEC and ACC for now?

8 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

"He explained the conference still has their eyes on Notre Dame, but is also interested in adding Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, and Washington."

Typo or are they talking about adding Washington and Washington St?  They are at 16 with USC and UCLA, so I am guessing pick 4 from that list.  If they had to pull Cal to keep UCLA then do they add Oregon and shoot for Notre Dame and Stanford with the Washington teams being on the outside looking in?  And if they do this, they are basically leaving the south to the SEC and ACC for now?

I would assume that is a typo or perhaps rather bad journalism?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How is it beneficial to the B1G financially if you bring the majority of the PAC12. These schools weren’t viable with their current tv deals why would broadcasters give us more for adding them.

Perhaps they come along with a lower level of revenue sharing? 

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

How is it beneficial to the B1G financially if you bring the majority of the PAC12. These schools weren’t viable with their current tv deals why would broadcasters give us more for adding them.

Because they are “the conference of champions “ . 

• Like 1

Just now, Reacher said:

Perhaps they come along with a lower level of revenue sharing? 

Maybe this round? But if I’m Washington or USC etc am i willing to accept less then Northwestern or Purdue….or heck even IU? To me it sets us up down the road to put us all in tiers and we are right back where we started. Imo we better get our football act together fast.

Just now, dgambill said:

Maybe this round? But if I’m Washington or USC etc am i willing to accept less then Northwestern or Purdue….or heck even IU? To me it sets us up down the road to put us all in tiers and we are right back where we started. Imo we better get our football act together fast.

UCLA and USC are in.  As long as a Washington gets more than their PAC 10 deal,  I'd imagine they would be ok. 

Eventually,  I agree,  there could be a realignment.  That might be the plan? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

An economist should probably weigh in, but my thought is that if there is a large enough critical mass of famous schools, the conference containing them might have a disproportionate power when negotiating - almost like a monopoly.

The composite top 5 makes a lot of sense if you don't have the balls to try and poach a texas a&m, Florida, or Georgia.  

Notre Dame, oregon, Washington North Carolina, and Florida st.  Sure but go big and don't be a wuss about it. 

It seems inevitable its going to be Oregon and somebody out west.  Maybe norte dame and standford package deal.  But why not go to 24?  Sure you would take north Carolina and Florida st if a&m, Georgia and Florida told you to fly kites but you have to present them with what is eventually going to be north of 100 million a year and with the alliance from nbc, fox  B1G, and CBS, the sec is stuck with espn and abc.  

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The composite top 5 makes a lot of sense if you don't have the balls to try and poach a texas a&m, Florida, or Georgia.  

Notre Dame, oregon, Washington North Carolina, and Florida st.  Sure but go big and don't be a wuss about it. 

It seems inevitable its going to be Oregon and somebody out west.  Maybe norte dame and standford package deal.  But why not go to 24?  Sure you would take north Carolina and Florida st if a&m, Georgia and Florida told you to fly kites but you have to present them with what is eventually going to be north of 100 million a year and with the alliance from nbc, fox  B1G, and CBS, the sec is stuck with espn and abc.  

From everything I have seen and read, Warren has set no fixed number that the B1G will stop at.