HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to be polite. Especially on this board. We know it's a civil place to discuss hoops. I'll say this. For those Purdue fans that either post or just view this board that need a reminder. You don't lose a guy like Biggie who was 20 and 12 and not expect to go backwards a little. Now for those that need a refresher. IU lost Bryant, OG, and Blackmon Jr...

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep. I guess guys got used to Swanigan cleaning up everything. 

In all seriousness, our seniors have played like crap the last two days. Making way too many mistakes and not doing what needs to be done to win. 

Its almost like losing Swanigan has hurt everyone else. Almost like Biggie made the game easier for everyone, and they really aren't that good. Too bad no one told you that all summer. 

24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still a lot of season left to fix things. Not worried... yet 

Purdue got 41 points from their fourth and fifth best players and lost to a mid-major. That's a big problem. 

If Purdue was a young team or had some type of stylistic change to adjust to I could see it taking time to get, but they don't have that. What they have is a team of veterans that has always played with an elite big to make their lives MUCH easier on both ends. We are now seeing just how good those guys are without the elite big to draw attention from everyone. 

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Purdue got 41 points from their fourth and fifth best players and lost to a mid-major. That's a big problem. 

If Purdue was a young team or had some type of stylistic change to adjust to I could see it taking time to get, but they don't have that. What they have is a team of veterans that has always played with an elite big to make their lives MUCH easier on both ends. We are now seeing just how good those guys are without the elite big to draw attention from everyone. 

I think it could be what you’re saying for sure. Or maybe they just had 2 bad shooting games in a row that will even out as the year goes on? Purdue missed a lot of shots tonight that they usually make. But the rebounding and decision making has to improve for sure. 

i feel gross contributing to the Purdue thread, but... as much as i hate to say it, Pork Chop always gets them to play very good D and tough and hard nosed.  those are great staples to have.  when you have that, you'll be in most games if you even play decent.  and now i need HTD to come in and start blasting the Smellermakers.  

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Chance for the Boilermakers to redeem themselves today (Friday, Nov 24) as they face Arizona.   LOL

Out of curiosity. I wonder if anyone knows what the highest rated team going into a holiday tournament has gone 0-3? Purdue has a chance to hold that high honor!

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Out of curiosity. I wonder if anyone knows what the highest rated team going into a holiday tournament has gone 0-3? Purdue has a chance to hold that high honor!

Don't forget 'Zona went into this ranked #2.

Purdue and Arizona are mirror images of each other right now.  Neither team can rebound which leads to the other team getting more shots.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder if the FBI investigation has bothered this Arizona team.  Can't believe they went 0-3 in the tournament and got beat this bad against PU.

I said essentially the same thing. I think they know there's more fallout/guilt in their program and the players are playing like they are all about to be declared ineligible. Looking more and more to me like Archive's brother does not survive this.

Tennessee 78 pee yew 75!! Then Western Kentucky 77 pee yew 73 !! Guess what ?  pee yew got OUT REBOUNDED ( a total of 75 to 63 ) in   those TWO game LOSSES !!1  pee yew fans and the so-call experts UNDERRATED the LOSS of ole Biggie Swanigan !!! Swanigan was not only pee yew's leading SCORER and REBOUNDER last season, he WAS THE SECOND BEST REBOUNDER IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY LAST SEASON  !!  Next up those TAL < TALL , and talented Louisville  Cardinals !! pee yew's going down again !!  By the way , The Big Ten now only has 3 teams that have not lost yet ::Minnesota 7 & 0 . Illinois  , 6 & 0 , and RUTGERS 6 & 0 !!!!!  SIX Big Ten Teams has YWO LOSSES !! Guess which team is the only Big Ten team with THREE LOSSES ?? It is WISCONSIN , now only 3 & 3 !! I believe I posted earlier that I thought The Badgers would be DOWN this season ,( Compared to last season's veteran Badger squad !!)P.S. If I was a pee yew fan [God forbid ,vbg] I would not put too much store in the win over ab Arizona squad that has played this seaso with the heart and soul of their team [imho]  ,6'4" Guard Rawle Alkins ! Arizona's team OFFENSE aaaaaaaaaaand DEFENSE is way much BETTER when Alkins is playing !!

Archived