General Music Thread

IUFLA

Daily Commute Musical Update

Heard this one on the drive this morning.  Not a song I'm going to download, an album I'm going to rush out and buy, or one that I miss when I don't hear it for a while.  But, it's one of those songs that is infectious and brings back some memories.  As a baseball-crazed youth in 1970's, this song means the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates.  Willie Stargell, Dave Parker, et al.  I got to attend one of the NLCS games that year.  Alas, the Pirates beat my beloved Reds in both that game and the series.

As I said, the song is infectious and fun to listen to.  Carload of People Approved.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My parents were 100% country music, with some gospel thrown in if it was sung by a country artist.  Dad passed when I was in college back in the 80's.  But mom didn't pass until last year.  I now have literally hundreds of Country music albums from the 60's and 70's.  I think I counted over 20 Johnny Cash albums alone.  Cash was my dad's favorite.  At some point I need to sort through and decide which ones I want to keep, which ones might fetch something if tried to sell it, and which ones aren't worth keeping or trying to sell.  

Donate them to the library, don’t just throw them!

• Like 1

I know this doesn't really go here, but I looked at all of the "expert" picks for Best Super Bowl Commercial, and this one got shut out! 

These experts must not

Have ever been to a bowling alley during league play with "the regulars"

Have no appreciation for ELO

Not recognize Steve Buscemi, Serena Williams - "Momma Smash", Brooks Koepka - "Brooksy", Nneka Ogwumike - "Nnekanator", Jimmy Butler - '"Jimmy Pins", Peyton Manning - "The Sheriff", Alex Morgan - "Captain Clutch"

Understand the subtle humor

Best SB commercial I've seen in a while...

• Like 4

On 2/15/2022 at 5:55 AM, Drroogh said:

My lottery number was high enough I didn’t see Nam, but know enough who did and this song pulls!

My grandpa was there as an advisor in 1963-64, and a few of my high school teachers were too.

My wifes uncle was a Marine who died on Go Noi Island, 7 months into his tour 1969.

Poll question.  While you were in high school, did any of you have a friend whose mother you would consider to be 'hot'?  I know I didn't.  Maybe things were different back then.  But, teens today seem to talk a lot more about 'ILF' ('M' for moms and 'D' for dads) than we did back in the day.  Maybe it's a generational thing or maybe moms are truly hotter than they used to be.

In any event, heard this song this morning and it made me think of this topic.  I can say without question that none of my friends had moms that looked like Rachel Hunter.

Carload of People Approved

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Poll question.  While you were in high school, did any of you have a friend whose mother you would consider to be 'hot'?  I know I didn't.  Maybe things were different back then.  But, teens today seem to talk a lot more about 'ILF' ('M' for moms and 'D' for dads) than we did back in the day.  Maybe it's a generational thing or maybe moms are truly hotter than they used to be.

In any event, heard this song this morning and it made me think of this topic.  I can say without question that none of my friends had moms that looked like Rachel Hunter.

Yes,  I had 2 friends with hot moms. One was a legit 10/10. 

A similar song to the one you posted. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yes,  I had 2 friends with hot moms. One was a legit 10/10. 

A similar song to the one you posted. 

I have some years on you, so you apparently got to experience the age of the hot mom.  Would be interesting to see when that transition took place. 

Any of you guys out there who are 45+ have friends with hot moms?  

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ugh...no...some very nice women, but all plain looking would be generous...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I am mid 40s and no, we didn't have any "hot moms." A couple of them had hot daughters though...😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have some years on you, so you apparently got to experience the age of the hot mom.  Would be interesting to see when that transition took place. 

Any of you guys out there who are 45+ have friends with hot moms?  

Most weren't but my friends mom would be gorgeous in any decade. Hot like Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Had a friend who's Dad said miles and miles of a$$ and its all mine! No she was not hot!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1