2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

NIL battle sounds like. Just getting the numbers right. Maybe….maybe not? 🤷🏻

Just FYI - Eric on today's HH Twitter livestream said that's almost never the case. That's not how school's present NIL. That's not how recruits, their agents and other decision makers approach schools. He said may it's that for .001% of recruits. He said last minute NIL maneuvering isn't part of the decision process for Liam now. He has NIL info from both schools and was clearly ok with both presentations.  

6 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

Just FYI - Eric on today's HH Twitter livestream said that's almost never the case. That's not how school's present NIL. That's not how recruits, their agents and other decision makers approach schools. He said may it's that for .001% of recruits. He said last minute NIL maneuvering isn't part of the decision process for Liam now. He has NIL info from both schools and was clearly ok with both presentations.  

I don’t believe Eric for a second. He has to say that or it’s a violation. Some or all of that might be true but I don’t think for a minute there isn’t a back and forth for some. 

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Couple of interesting posts on the KU board...

Screenshot_20230919-043727.thumb.png.cb8d1808d29a42285e85ccd373454a88.png

Screenshot_20230919-043831.thumb.png.ab4ab9d7f4c1b6f5dc1bba4e9cba7e42.png

And their arrogance is absolutely staggering...

Screenshot_20230919-043926.thumb.png.29d86e9999d6ca232b9b124de88e7b95.png

Screenshot_20230919-044017.thumb.png.59714343312b210f4fd2cd6f9047e03b.png

🙄

They've cheated to with throughout their history... now that paying players is legal and the field is level, they whine... Simply amazing... 

McNeely is going to make them 0-2 in recruiting since the playing field got leveled against this "inferior" program and Coach.

Now we need to beat the brakes off them in Bloomington.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 7

If the NIL part isn’t about negotiating a better deal and comparing and contrasting that part of the equation, then CBB is WAY different than college football.

I follow CFB closely in recruiting and it is VERY common knowledge that many to most of the kids factor the NIL as a major part of their decision process and it absolutely is a huge advantage or disadvantage for a school that’s similar but doesn’t offer at least close to the same money.

and there’s many examples right now in CFB where kids are going to clearly worse situations because those schools are willing to over pay for them.

The state of Missouri has passed a bill allowing the home schools (basically Missouri), to give the money before they even actually sign in signing day. The kids can merely complete any paperwork for the school that shows intent to attend such home state school, and they can cash in on the money while in HS. This bill has given Missouri a big leg up on a couple players because they suck but they have a lot of money to spend.

Point us, “Show me the Money,” is now a reality and important.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If the NIL part isn’t about negotiating a better deal and comparing and contrasting that part of the equation, then CBB is WAY different than college football.

I follow CFB closely in recruiting and it is VERY common knowledge that many to most of the kids factor the NIL as a major part of their decision process and it absolutely is a huge advantage or disadvantage for a school that’s similar but doesn’t offer at least close to the same money.

and there’s many examples right now in CFB where kids are going to clearly worse situations because those schools are willing to over pay for them.

The state of Missouri has passed a bill allowing the home schools (basically Missouri), to give the money before they even actually sign in signing day. The kids can merely complete any paperwork for the school that shows intent to attend such home state school, and they can cash in on the money while in HS. This bill has given Missouri a big leg up on a couple players because they suck but they have a lot of money to spend.

Makes sense that the "Show Me State" would be the first to show the kids the money as early as possible...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I didn't hear what Eric said, only read the summary that was posted here, but I don't think he meant that NIL isn't a factor. 

He said schools are doing NIL presentations during the recruitment process. 

The way I read the summary is that what Eric was saying is that it's a misconception that these recruitments are coming down to wire with these big NIL scrambles to continue to 'up the ante' and last minute scrambles to get more deals to lock the kids in. 

He's saying that part is already over and been done and presented. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

And for obvious reasons. 

The NFL restricts draft eligibility three years removed from high school. Getting paid over a set period of time becomes a much bigger factor in football given the NFL doesn't draft on potential and contracts aren't guaranteed.

NIL obviously plays a part in basketball recruiting, but for a one and done type kid who is going to spend 6 months on campus, it's all about fit and committing to a coach/program who is going to put you in the best position at the next level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Couple of interesting posts on the KU board...

Screenshot_20230919-043727.thumb.png.cb8d1808d29a42285e85ccd373454a88.png

Screenshot_20230919-043831.thumb.png.ab4ab9d7f4c1b6f5dc1bba4e9cba7e42.png

And their arrogance is absolutely staggering...

Screenshot_20230919-043926.thumb.png.29d86e9999d6ca232b9b124de88e7b95.png

Screenshot_20230919-044017.thumb.png.59714343312b210f4fd2cd6f9047e03b.png

🙄

They've cheated to win throughout their history... now that paying players is legal and the field is level, they whine... Simply amazing... 

Can't defend, not athletic, lots of skill and really crafty.  Sounds like Larry Bird

I'm sure Self couldn't find a way to use this:

Scouting Report

EVALUATED 10/15/2022

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon JenkinsRECRUIITNG ANALYST

COMPARISON

Kyle SinglerOKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

McNeeley is as versatile as they come in the 2024 class. He has the handle and feel to run an offense and with his textbook shooting stroke, he has the capability to be a knockdown three-point shooter. The best area of his game is his passing as his vision is above average and he is willing to find the open man. He is unselfish to a fault, but he plays the game the right way. A high IQ prospect who can bring something to the table at eithet forward position, McNeeley should excel as a reliable complimentary option at the collegiate level.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 2