HSN Fantasy Football

Just a PSA. Fantasy football should run 14 weeks and playoffs 15, 16, and 17 if 6 team.

Somebody in a league I was invited into (I don't offer my opinion much) just realized this even though I mentioned it in August and you guessed it....he has multiple players off in week 14 because of byes and now is making the change. 

So I ask this. My team is pretty good. Just roll with it? Or say hey man I told you this in August (have text) and now that it's convenient you'll be changing the rules? 

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a PSA. Fantasy football should run 14 weeks and playoffs 15, 16, and 17 if 6 team.

Somebody in a league I was invited into (I don't offer my opinion much) just realized this even though I mentioned it in August and you guessed it....he has multiple players off in week 14 because of byes and now is making the change. 

So I ask this. My team is pretty good. Just roll with it? Or say hey man I told you this in August (have text) and now that it's convenient you'll be changing the rules? 

What change is he making? Confused. 

Despite how horrific my lineup performed yesterday, I still had a legitimate shot to win if Rondale Moore produces tonight like he has been doing.

So, what happens?  He plays two snaps and goes out with a groin.

Absolutely un-friggen-believable.  

Edited by 5fouls

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I would roll with it.  Probably impacts others in the league as well. Sometimes it's best for the good of the league to protect it from the commissioner.

I would definitely use it as leverage next year if there is another league rule you don't like.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I play Dalton Schultz last week in HSN Champions league.  He gets me 5 points.  I bench him there, but am playing against him in HSN2.  Of course, he's got 2 TDs and we're still in the 3rd quarter.

In 6 weeks we'll all miss fantasy football but situations like you describe are the reasons why some years you just can't wait to be finished. In my most points scored/most scored against league I'm up against Allen, Jefferson, St. Brown and Stevenson this week. I mean you can't make this stuff up anymore.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In 6 weeks we'll all miss fantasy football but situations like you describe are the reasons why some years you just can't wait to be finished. In my most points scored/most scored against league I'm up against Allen, Jefferson, St. Brown and Stevenson this week. I mean you can't make this stuff up anymore.

I have St. Brown in my ESPN league, where I'm 10-1 and headed to the overall #1 seed.  So, I should be happy for his performance.  

But, I'm going AGAINST St. Brown in both HSN leagues.  I absolutely did not need his performance against me in either one of those.  My HSN2 league is hopeless, but I'm still battling for a playoff spot in the HSN Champions league. 

Playing against one of your own players, is, by far, the biggest drawback to playing multiple teams.  But, to have it happen twice when he has a big week is so randomly unfortunate, you swear the fantasy Gods are against you.   

• Like 1