HSN Fantasy Football

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

For those that may have an interest in knowing what's going on in the league you're not in, here are the final regular season standings for the Champions League.  @Sagamoretakes the tough luck award, falling just 15 points short of 6th place.  

image.png.9e42633d9cafc1dcabc5df633f1a70fa.png

Just goes to show how much luck is a factor. I added Hubbard at noon on Sunday. He ended up with 18.90 which gave me the win and the points needed to finish #6. 

I think at one point I was 2-4 or 2-5. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

So if we field 24, do @Indykev and @5fouls both go Champions league based on where they finished? 

Fouls did not earn a promotion from the loser league I am joining, but he stayed top 6 in the champions league.

Kev should be relegated with me to the loser league, but he earned a promotion from the loser league to champions league. 

Kev's Champions league team gets demoted, but his HSN2 team gets promoted as he made the playoffs there.

It's a dynamic that cuts both ways. Fir example,  if both my teams qualify, I can still only field 1 in the Champions league, so it opens up a slot.  By contrast, if both my teams miss the playoffs, I steal a spot from someone who made the playoffs in HSN2.  Thankfully, that did not happen this year.

For Kev, it's a little more complicated since he is a league commissioner.  Since he plays two teams, he has the same general scenario that I do.  In fact, he actually qualified for 2 Champions league teams for this season based on making the playoffs in both leagues last year.  He had to give one of those up.  

That said, since he and KDB are league commissioners, Kev has the additional twist of needing to be in whatever league KDB is not.  It provides us flexibility for never needing to find a new Commish when KDB switches leagues.

Yes luck factors in.  My first rounder pick (Najee) has not had a good week all year.  I cut Tua around time of his concussions.  Waller was hurt so started streaming TE's.  Engram gave me a good week then I cut him and he exploded. Okonkwu did good so got lucky but not 162 and 2 TDs.   I really thought I was just playing out the season last 3 or so weeks and entering lineups to maybe be a spoiler for those who were actually going to be a plyoff team. Maybe Najee Harris will play like that 1st round pick I spent on him. Probably be 1 and done but who knows.  To top it off, I am a fringe candidate team to move to elite league as a rookie. lol

2 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Yes luck factors in.  My first rounder pick (Najee) has not had a good week all year.  I cut Tua around time of his concussions.  Waller was hurt so started streaming TE's.  Engram gave me a good week then I cut him and he exploded. Okonkwu did good so got lucky but not 162 and 2 TDs.   I really thought I was just playing out the season last 3 or so weeks and entering lineups to maybe be a spoiler for those who were actually going to be a plyoff team. Maybe Najee Harris will play like that 1st round pick I spent on him. Probably be 1 and done but who knows.  To top it off, I am a fringe candidate team to move to elite league as a rookie. lol

I thought if you finished top 6 you auto move up? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I thought if you finished top 6 you auto move up? 

Parakeet Jones, who won the league last year, gets an automatic one year exemption to stay in the Champions League.  Since he missed the playoffs, he takes a 7th spot from the current Champions League membership, meaning only 5 get to move up from HSN2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I went back and looked at the drafts our two regular season champions.

@Seeking6 drafted 11th in the first round.

@JaybobHoosierdrafted 7th in the first round.

Common player between the two among early picks?  Travis Kelce.

Food for thought when next year's draft rolls around.

I know it's a subject with plenty of debate but I'll go to my grave with the non RB drafting strategy. Has worked for years for me and I'll keep doing it as long as it's a throwing league.

Guys like Stevenson, Dobbins after rounds 6 and add a Kenneth Walker along the way. Happens every single year. Now it doesn't mean I'll win our title but I'll keep going that way again and again....especially in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know it's a subject with plenty of debate but I'll go to my grave with the non RB drafting strategy. Has worked for years for me and I'll keep doing it as long as it's a throwing league.

Guys like Stevenson, Dobbins after rounds 6 and add a Kenneth Walker along the way. Happens every single year. Now it doesn't mean I'll win our title but I'll keep going that way again and again....especially in PPR leagues.

I had the 11th pick in HSN2, as you did in the Champions League.  Unlike you, I did the opposite and went RB/RB with the 11th an 14th picks.

Kamara and Swift helped lead me to last place.  To top it off, when I got around to going WR in rounds 3 & 4, I drafted the outstanding duo of DJ Moore and Courtland Sutton.  

The only reason i won any games with that mess, let alone 5, was Jalen Hurts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@mrflynn03

I just looked at our matchup.  So, Geno Smith is my QB and you have BOTH Lockett and Metcalf?  So, I guess I have to root against my own QB.  Sigh.

In another league I'm really struggling starting Geno. 49ers have given up 20+ points what maybe twice this year?

Waiver is bare so I'll just have to roll with it I guess....but wish I knew if Mike White was going before tomorrow night. I feel like Geno is staring at a 18-29 175 yards 1 TD and 2 INT line.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In another league I'm really struggling starting Geno. 49ers have given up 20+ points what maybe twice this year?

Waiver is bare so I'll just have to roll with it I guess....but wish I knew if Mike White was going before tomorrow night. I feel like Geno is staring at a 18-29 175 yards 1 TD and 2 INT line.

In my league my playoff opponent has Kyler and Garrapolo as their quarterbacks. I have contemplated just picking up Goff or White so they don’t 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In my league my playoff opponent has Kyler and Garrapolo as their quarterbacks. I have contemplated just picking up Goff or White so they don’t 

Goff has been fantasy/fanduel gold all year. Not sure why Jimmy G is on someone's roster but that's another discussion. This time of year if your league allows unlimited transactions....do it. With that said you might want to let somebody pickup Goff because of matchup this week...no bueno. 

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Goff has been fantasy/fanduel gold all year. Not sure why Jimmy G is on someone's roster but that's another discussion. This time of year if your league allows unlimited transactions....do it. With that said you might want to let somebody pickup Goff because of matchup this week...no bueno. 

League allows it. Not sure on Jimmy G. I have put a claim in on Goff, but White is there with a favorable matchup 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

League allows it. Not sure on Jimmy G. I have put a claim in on Goff, but White is there with a favorable matchup 

Good matchup for sure. Check the weather just in case. I know Saturday night with Bills/Dolphins could get nasty for points. I don't think North Jersey has bad weather on Sunday but will be cold and the Lions haven't fared well in cold in this year. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone this week and coming weeks !For some reason I can't find standings or results from last year but I remember being disappointed finishing 3rd. Hopefully I've got a title winner this year...but as everyone knows sometimes teams that have regular season success it doesn't translate. 

I have been brutalized by players resting in the the championship before. That seems to be less of an issue with just one bye and an extra WC team than the old days. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Parakeet Jones, who won the league last year, gets an automatic one year exemption to stay in the Champions League.  Since he missed the playoffs, he takes a 7th spot from the current Champions League membership, meaning only 5 get to move up from HSN2.

Is 5th based on playoff finish or regular season finish?  I'm 5th in Reg season.

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not a good start.  Considered picking up Purdy, but decided to roll with Geno.  And, @mrflynn03has Kittle.  I'm going to need some big games from some of my big names on Saturday/Sunday.

Have Engram on the bench and was debating between him and Kittle but figured last week was a fluke. Decided Kittle had the better potential this week. 

Man...decisions decisions decisions. Weather tomorrow in Buffalo is bad. Sounds like snow before, during, and after game with wind. 

I mean you can't bench Allen, Diggs, Tua, Hill, Waddle,etc....shoot even Tyler Bass..but that game has a chance to be brutal with playoffs firing up. I don't have much exposure to it other than Fanduel lineups so I wish those who do well. Tough calls for sure.

• Like 1