HSN Fantasy Football

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All of my leagues have draft order picked at random for next year. Prevents people tanking for that very reason.  

If it's a money league and people are picking up guys who aren't in it still....I'd have an issue. This week I'm playing for title in a $ league. Opponents QB is Hurts. I picked up Minshew to block that just in case so he fell right into the trap of picking up Zach Wilson. Here's the issue though. If nobody  has looked at forecast for tomorrow night in Jags/Jets game I'd suggest checking it out. He can still not play Wilson and pick up a guy like Ridder or whomever but if someone playing for personal pride (while I like that) picks up Ridder before tomorrow night he's kind of screwed.

Hard to believe there aren’t options out there. Like Sam Darnold would be a good one. Nice matchup for him.

So last year I wanted to start a dynasty HSN league because how competitive our league is…I’ll say it now while interest is still high…anyone willing to do it I would be happy to set one up or join one. Good luck in the playoffs everyone. By far my worst year fantasy…just crazy bad luck…where I faced wrong guys at the wrong time etc. there was some really huge scoring weeks this year for one or two guys that would always sink me…for example just got knocked out of playoffs by Jerrick McKinnon who in back to back weeks killed me in multiple leagues…I mean the balls to sit guys like Chubb and Kamara and start him…smh. This stuff happened to me all season. Guys like Kemet and Taysom Hill having huge games agaisnt me and disappearing…I just have to trust the process….rest is all dumb luck. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So last year I wanted to start a dynasty HSN league because how competitive our league is…I’ll say it now while interest is still high…anyone willing to do it I would be happy to set one up or join one. Good luck in the playoffs everyone. By far my worst year fantasy…just crazy bad luck…where I faced wrong guys at the wrong time etc. there was some really huge scoring weeks this year for one or two guys that would always sink me…for example just got knocked out of playoffs by Jerrick McKinnon who in back to back weeks killed me in multiple leagues…I mean the balls to sit guys like Chubb and Kamara and start him…smh. This stuff happened to me all season. Guys like Kemet and Taysom Hill having huge games agaisnt me and disappearing…I just have to trust the process….rest is all dumb luck. 

I don't mind doing our league each year as it comes but I'm not wanting to add another league to the plate. Already have 4 others. Appreciate the offer and invite but I'll sit that one out.

Some years are just crazy bad luck. Someone benched Chubb and Kamara? Interesting for sure. 

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't mind doing our league each year as it comes but I'm not wanting to add another league to the plate. Already have 4 others. Appreciate the offer and invite but I'll sit that one out.

Some years are just crazy bad luck. Someone benched Chubb and Kamara? Interesting for sure. 

One week Chubb one week Kamara….two different people did to start McKinnon…or they just didn’t change their lineup from bye week or after injury update or something…just bad luck or simply they are a genius…I’m thinking bad luck. That said I thought about benching Kamara several times…just didn’t have the balls to do it and paid for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One week Chubb one week Kamara….two different people did to start McKinnon…or they just didn’t change their lineup from bye week or after injury update or something…just bad luck or simply they are a genius…I’m thinking bad luck. That said I thought about benching Kamara several times…just didn’t have the balls to do it and paid for it.

You can't bench stars ever. I've come close a couple times this year with Adams and a few of my other core guys but you just ride them out. Definitely bad luck for sure. Hate those years. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You can't bench stars ever. I've come close a couple times this year with Adams and a few of my other core guys but you just ride them out. Definitely bad luck for sure. Hate those years. 

Well I knew I wasn’t winning anything when I had Javonte Williams in the second rd of basically all my leagues get hurt. Him and Eli Mitchell. After that Russell Wilson sucking killed me along with the spill over effect to Cortland Sutton.  I had Herbert in a couple leagues too…he had a down year as well. So no one to blame but myself. I feel good about my Dynasty leagues long term as I selected a lot of younger talent so should play out well long term.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I would be willing to do Dynasty.  That said, I'm going to continue to promote the 2 leagues we have now, as I'm not sure there is an appetite for dynasty.

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I would be willing to do Dynasty.  That said, I'm going to continue to promote the 2 leagues we have now, as I'm not sure there is an appetite for dynasty.

Oh want to keep this the way it is…just thought we might have 10-12 Uber hardcore that would want to stick out a dynasty…as out of 24 teams we have a good amount that manages their lineups every week and would commit long term.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If anyone has interest in how the things going in the HSN league they are not in, here are last week's playoff results

Matchups for the upcoming week.  

5fouls (3 seed) vs @dgambill(2 seed)

@btownqb(4 seed) vs @Seeking6(1 seed)

image.png.199b0ed3ec9f9955576e67da52030268.png

147 probably would have been one of my best scoring weeks all year lol….and I didn’t even set a lineup. Goes to show how much I know…every week I regularly sit 2 guys on my bench that outscore my starters. I’m my own worst enemy lol. Good GM…but I should fire my coach.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck to everyone this week still going in our league or others. Don't recall a fantasy week with weather impacting so many games starting with tonight.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

I'd say if you have options find a dome/semi warm game or play your running backs. No way these cold weather games are not going to be impacted by winds/temps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone this week still going in our league or others. Don't recall a fantasy week with weather impacting so many games starting with tonight.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

I'd say if you have options find a dome/semi warm game or play your running backs. No way these cold weather games are not going to be impacted by winds/temps. 

More worried about wind than snow as that will get shoveled off the field and should be mostly done by the games. Allen has been a great pick but dang he has had terrible weather for like a month now and it’s been killing him from having those big games. Have to remember that next year…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

More worried about wind than snow as that will get shoveled off the field and should be mostly done by the games. Allen has been a great pick but dang he has had terrible weather for like a month now and it’s been killing him from having those big games. Have to remember that next year…

If everything else is almost equal...I always go NFC South or AFC West. Have for years. Now the funny part about that is KC playing in zero degree temps this week, Raiders at Pitt,etc....somehow I just know all these regular season teams that have played well all year are going to fall on their face this weekend. Mine included in our league here. Don't like the matchups. 

• Like 1

Congrats to those moving on!

Before heading out to Church I was thinking about if I wanted to  be one of those really petty fantasy football players. I could say something like I've lapped the league all year long, went Secretariat on the field...after scoring 200-300 more points than most who made playoffs, etc....but thought boy I don't want to be one of those losers.

Congrats to those moving on and an early Merry Christmas to All!

• Haha 1

In HSN2, I missed the playoffs, but needed a QB with Hurts out.  I figured, what the hell, just pick up Minshew instead of one of teh scrub starters who have been crappy all year.  Gave me 31.7 points despite 3 turnovers.  The funny tunny thing about those turnovers is I didn't lose any points on them because Dallas was my defense.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In HSN2, I missed the playoffs, but needed a QB with Hurts out.  I figured, what the hell, just pick up Minshew instead of one of teh scrub starters who have been crappy all year.  Gave me 31.7 points despite 3 turnovers.  The funny tunny thing about those turnovers is I didn't lose any points on them because Dallas was my defense.  

In one league we are actually in our finals this week. He had Hurts and thought certainly he was going to pick up Minshew....he decided to go Zach Wilson even with the weather. Christmas came early in that league. I think Minshew earned himself a starter role again on some team in rebuild mode. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

In one league we are actually in our finals this week. He had Hurts and thought certainly he was going to pick up Minshew....he decided to go Zach Wilson even with the weather. Christmas came early in that league. I think Minshew earned himself a starter role again on some team in rebuild mode. 

Zach Wilson?  Wow.  Only if he had been the only starting QB on the wire.  Even then, I may have looked around for someone like Taysom Hill.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same situation in my league. I am in championship game. He picked up Lawrence to replace Hurts. I didn’t play DeVonta Smith with Hurts out and of course he scored over 23. I am ahead by 1/2 point. He has Aaron Jones left and I have Godwin and the Bucs defense. Hoping for a Tampa Bay Christmas present 

• Like 1