HSN Fantasy Football

Won the league last year in my Dynasty.. Trying to repeat.

2/3 of money goes to total points, 1/3 H2H. So winner is determined by total points.

I was sixth in points 3 weeks ago.. Since then I have scored 175.5, 198.8, 210.55.. Now first in points! 😁

• Like 2

I'm not going to be in a position to make last minute lineup changes tomorrow, so I'm going to play it safe in advance and bench Barkley for Singletary.  Figure even if he plays, the Philly defense may hold the Giants to field goals.  And, the last thing I want to do is bag a 0.00 if he does not play.  

So, for the rest of you, play Barkley wherever you can.  Because I did this, he'll certainly go off for 35+ minimum.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not going to be in a position to make last minute lineup changes tomorrow, so I'm going to play it safe in advance and bench Barkley for Singletary.  Figure even if he plays, the Philly defense may hold the Giants to field goals.  And, the last thing I want to do is bag a 0.00 if he does not play.  

So, for the rest of you, play Barkley wherever you can.  Because I did this, he'll certainly go off for 35+ minimum.  

Saquan in

• Thanks 1

In the Champions League, we know who the 6 playoff teams will be (unless I'm overlooking something).  Seeds 1 & 6 are set, with the order of seeds 2, 3, 4, & 5 to be decided after tonight's game.

In HSN2, the 1, 2, & 3 seeds look to be set.  No less than 5 teams will likely finish with a record of 7-7.  Those 5 will determine the final 3 playoff spots based on points.  2 of those 5 teams are in a very good points position, another is almost certain to fall short.  That means the final spot is likely down to two teams.  As fate would have it, those two teams are matched up against each other this week. 

The current point difference through yesterday's games is 1.02 points.  

@ATX_sighas 1,700.66 points.  @ephulhas 1699.64 points.  The only remaining points to be determined tonight are with the Patriots defense.  As long as the Pats D does not give ATX a score worse than minus 1, he will grab the 6th and final slot.

Edited by 5fouls

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Man I need this week to hurry up and end. With the exception of 1 $ league I was destroyed across the board in all other leagues. Good thing is the guys will get a week off. I told them before I dismissed them last night this crap was unacceptable. Better be ready to come back in week 16 ready to go. 

This cracks me up.  I'm not the only one that gives my guys a hard time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAHoosier said:

All I needed last night was Rhamondre Stevenson to outscore Nick Folk...Rhamondre gets hurt and I missed the playoffs...always next year! Good luck to all that made the playoffs!

In one of my other leagues, I was a slight favorite going into last night with Rhamondre.  I didnt get to watch the game last night and knew nothing about how it went until this morning. 

First thing I did this morning was check Rhamondre's stats and said 'oh crap'.  Thought for sure I lost.  Didnt even look at the AZ side of the box. 

Went into the league to see how much I lost by and saw I still won.  I'm thinking to myself, how did that happen, and then I see my opponent got basically nothing from K. Murray.  I was so frustrated about what I got from Stevenson, I didnt even notice that Murray got hurt as well.

@Seeking6; @dgambill; @btownqb; @NotIThatLives; @mrflynn03; @Sagamore; @Parakeet Jones; @rico; @KoB2011; @tdhoosier; @Indykev; @JaybobHoosier; @iuswingman; @B_A; @ATX_sig; @ephul; @Billingsley99; @PAHoosier; @trc; @BeerBQ; @KDB

First, I want to thank each and every one of you for a great fantasy season.  I appreciate the commitment each of you made to field full lineups each week and retain the integrity of the league.  This was a significant improvement over what we experienced last year.  I hope we are able to have everyone return next season.

That said, this season is NOT over, even if you missed the playoffs.  Positioning to determine who will play in next year's Champions and HSN2 leagues will be based on the standings AFTER the playoffs.  Even if you missed the playoffs, you could still be in a position to be part of the Champions League next season if you finish high enough in the consolation bracket playoffs.  So, I encourage everyone to keep playing!

Here's how the process is designed.

• All 6 Champions League playoff teams will retain their position in the league
  • Parakeet Jones, who missed the playoffs this year, gets to stay in the Champions League based on his one-year exemption for winning last year. 
  • That means there will be 5 teams from HSN2 that will be eligible to move up. 
  • The 6th place team in HSN2 would stay in HSN2 unless someone who qualified for the Champions league chooses not to play.  In that case, they would be the first alternate.  The one exception to this would be if IndyKev finishes 6th.  Since he has teams in both leagues, he would have to have a team in the Champions League.  In that case, the 5th place finisher in HSN2 would be first alternate.
  • If more than one Champions qualifier chooses not to play, the path for choosing alternates would be 7th place Champions, 7th Place HSN2, 8th Place Champions, 8th place HSN2, etc.  All of those positions will be determined based on the standings AFTER the consolation bracket is complete, and not on final regular season standings.

Finally, since I have everyone tagged, I want to mention that I will begin soliciting everyone in early June to see if you want to keep you spot for next year.  The deadline to secure your spot will be July 15th, at which point I will begin soliciting to the board for any open positions.  If you miss the deadline, but choose afterwards to play, you will automatically be placed in HSN2, as I will have already notified the alternate(s) that they have moved up to Champions.

Once again, thanks for a great season so far.  And, good luck to all in the upcoming playoffs.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Seeking6; @dgambill; @btownqb; @NotIThatLives; @mrflynn03; @Sagamore; @Parakeet Jones; @rico; @KoB2011; @tdhoosier; @Indykev; @JaybobHoosier; @iuswingman; @B_A; @ATX_sig; @ephul; @Billingsley99; @PAHoosier; @trc; @BeerBQ; @KDB

First, I want to thank each and every one of you for a great fantasy season.  I appreciate the commitment each of you made to field full lineups each week and retain the integrity of the league.  This was a significant improvement over what we experienced last year.  I hope we are able to have everyone return next season.

That said, this season is NOT over, even if you missed the playoffs.  Positioning to determine who will play in next year's Champions and HSN2 leagues will be based on the standings AFTER the playoffs.  Even if you missed the playoffs, you could still be in a position to be part of the Champions League next season if you finish high enough in the consolation bracket playoffs.  So, I encourage everyone to keep playing!

Here's how the process is designed.

• All 6 Champions League playoff teams will retain their position in the league
  • Parakeet Jones, who missed the playoffs this year, gets to stay in the Champions League based on his one-year exemption for winning last year. 
  • That means there will be 5 teams from HSN2 that will be eligible to move up. 
  • The 6th place team in HSN2 would stay in HSN2 unless someone who qualified for the Champions league chooses not to play.  In that case, they would be the first alternate.  The one exception to this would be if IndyKev finishes 6th.  Since he has teams in both leagues, he would have to have a team in the Champions League.  In that case, the 5th place finisher in HSN2 would be first alternate.
  • If more than one Champions qualifier chooses not to play, the path for choosing alternates would be 7th place Champions, 7th Place HSN2, 8th Place Champions, 8th place HSN2, etc.  All of those positions will be determined based on the standings AFTER the consolation bracket is complete, and not on final regular season standings.

Finally, since I have everyone tagged, I want to mention that I will begin soliciting everyone in early June to see if you want to keep you spot for next year.  The deadline to secure your spot will be July 15th, at which point I will begin soliciting to the board for any open positions.  If you miss the deadline, but choose afterwards to play, you will automatically be placed in HSN2, as I will have already notified the alternate(s) that they have moved up to Champions.

Once again, thanks for a great season so far.  And, good luck to all in the upcoming playoffs.

Thank you very much for the updates, the league and handling all of this. We do appreciate it. Good luck to everyone still rolling. 

PS....I can't wait to see how I lose and sign me up for next year as long as I'm still kicking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

In for next year. Thanks for all the hard work updating everyone.

On a side note, my team was in a good position until @Indykevtraded me Kupp for CMC. He told me that trade would win me the league… I don’t think I won a game after that trade. 

You have to watch him.  Kev is like that guy on the street corner selling watches out of his coat.  

• Haha 2

So if we field 24, do @Indykev and @5fouls both go Champions league based on where they finished? 

Fouls did not earn a promotion from the loser league I am joining, but he stayed top 6 in the champions league.

Kev should be relegated with me to the loser league, but he earned a promotion from the loser league to champions league. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So if we field 24, do @Indykev and @5fouls both go Champions league based on where they finished? 

Fouls did not earn a promotion from the loser league I am joining, but he stayed top 6 in the champions league.

Kev should be relegated with me to the loser league, but he earned a promotion from the loser league to champions league. 

I will be there with you, wheeling and dealing!!

• Like 1