HSN Fantasy Football

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is anyone already in on Zonovan Knight? All it took was a Carter ankle injury, Robinson being a healthy scratch last week and he's got a great matchup on the cheap this week. Just curious if there is a strategy to basically buy 5-6 RB's on the cheap each year knowing you could dump them all but if one hits it's worth it?

Regarding all fantasy players...good luck this weekend! Tons of fun games for fantasy. Jags/Lions, Chiefs/Bengals, Raiders/Chargers, Jets/Vikings....won't be any shortage of points. As of right now most games don't like weather will impact any. 

I paid $50 to get him on waivers this week, he wasn't sitting on any rosters. I personally always have a full 20, 2 IR, and 6 taxi squad filled out but some guys don't, so a guy like him ends up sitting there and when they get their shot they are overpaid for. I'll have to cut him after the year most likely at that price point, but if I can prevent a contender from taking him or steal a win for myself, I'll do it. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, KoB2011 said:

So this is the second one I've done, the first feel apart and turned backing a redraft league. It was pretty standard for what you'd expect; initial draft of your rosters, then rookie draft every year. I think that league had way too many roster spots personally and there was really nothing to force roster moves. We also did a snake for the rookie draft, which is incredibly dumb in a dynasty league.

I LOVE the dynasty I am in now. I took over a bad team and have rebuilt it to a pretty good team in year two. Our salary cap is $550. We have 20 roster spots, 2 IR spots, and 6 taxi squad spots. All free agency, both during the season and prior to the season, is done via auction and then we have a 3 round standard format rookie draft prior to the offseason free agency. You can trade draft picks up to the 3 seasons out.

Salary on each player jumps every year as follows:

• Greater of $40 or 50% increase on top player at each position
  • Greater of $20 or 40% increase for players 2-6 at each position
  • Greater of $5 or 20% increase for everyone else.

You can protect one player from increase, but it can't be a guy who was the top of his position. All players on taxi squads will have salaries adjusted back to prior year salary right before the off-season auction period. Only rookie's can be moved to taxi squad and you can only do it once (can't call them back and forth between active roster and taxi squad). Rookie's from the draft are assigned $5, $3, $1 depending on the round.

I managed to go 8-4 to this point and should still make the playoffs, but am set up SOOOO good for the next few years. Notable guys on current roster:

QB

Fields $10

RB

D. Cook $68

D. Peirce $3 (will move him to my taxi whenever I am eliminated) 

J. Williams $10 (traded Ekeler for him this week)

B. Robinson $1

Pacheco $15 (on taxi squad, leaving him there)

R. Penny $20

J. Ford $3 (on taxi squad)

WR

Olave $5 (can't move him to taxi squad)

London $5 (will move to taxi squad)

A Pierce $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

J. Williams $5 (will move to taxi squad)

G. Pickens $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

R. Moore $10

Justyn Ross $1 (can't move him - had him there earlier in the year, cut him to make room for other guys and just picked him back up for next year)

TE

Okonkwo $1 (on taxi squad)

Then I've got 3 of the top 15 or so draft picks for next year, and guys like Travis Kelce and Austin Ekeler (among a lot of others) should hit free agency. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn stoked about this team long term. 

To answer your original question, both White's and Ridley have been rostered the entire season in some form or fashion. 

OK.  I don't understand the Taxi Squad thing.   Why would you not keep guys like London and Pickens on your active roster?  Why would Olave be ineligible for Taxi if those other guys are?   

And clarification on salary.  So, as top player at his position, if Travis Kelce was $100 this year, he would be $150 next year.  Correct?

And, Rondale Moore, who is not in the top 6 at his position will increase $5 and be $15.  

However, if we assume Dalvin Cook finishes in Top 6 (have no idea whether he will or not), he will increase by 40%, which is about $27, and his salary next year will be about $95  Do I have that correct? 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OK.  I don't understand the Taxi Squad thing.   Why would you not keep guys like London and Pickens on your active roster?  Why would Olave be ineligible for Taxi if those other guys are?   

And clarification on salary.  So, as top player at his position, if Travis Kelce was $100 this year, he would be $150 next year.  Correct?

And, Rondale Moore, who is not in the top 6 at his position will increase $5 and be $15.  

However, if we assume Dalvin Cook finishes in Top 6 (have no idea whether he will or not), he will increase by 40%, which is about $27, and his salary next year will be about $95  Do I have that correct? 

I'll move guys to the taxi squad that I can after I'm eliminated to save money on them next year. They just have to be there when we do the free agency auction before the season, I can call them up before Week 1. 

Olave I had on Taxi Squad to start the year and called him up. It was kinda a newbie mistake as this was my first year with a competitive team.

You nailed the rest of those salaries. It's why I traded Ekeler ($196) for Javonte Williams. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll move guys to the taxi squad that I can after I'm eliminated to save money on them next year. They just have to be there when we do the free agency auction before the season, I can call them up before Week 1. 

Olave I had on Taxi Squad to start the year and called him up. It was kinda a newbie mistake as this was my first year with a competitive team.

You nailed the rest of those salaries. It's why I traded Ekeler ($196) for Javonte Williams. 

I still dont understand the Taxi thing.  Let's use Pickens as an example.  He cost you $3 this year.  Are you saying that since he is on the Taxi Squad, he's not subject to the 5$ increase?

And, going a step further, since Olave is not on the Taxi, I assume you have choice to keep him or put him back in FA pool?  Under what conditions would you toss him back?  He would be cheap to keep.  Correct?

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I still dont understand the Taxi thing.  Let's use Pickens as an example.  He cost you $3 this year.  Are you saying that since he is on the Taxi Squad, he's not subject to the 5$ increase?

And, going a step further, since Olave is not on the Taxi, I assume you have choice to keep him or put him back in FA pool?  Under what conditions would you toss him back?  He would be cheap to keep.  Correct?

Correct, if a player is on the taxi squad at the start of the free agent auction their salary is reset to the previous years salary.

And correct on Olave, I can keep him or cut him. I will obviously keep him (and will for several years). 

• Like 1

@Seeking6

I was really hoping I could sneak one out against you today.  I really wanted to keep the 3 seed for the playoffs so I would not have to face you until the finals.  Doesn't look like it's going to happen.   Mediocre days so far from Jefferson and Andrews and Barkley not doing anything special.  Guess I can hope for 50+ from Jacobs again. 

@dgambillis looking like he will win and move into 3rd.  I'm in pretty good position for the playoffs based on points, but it looks like there will be a whole mess of folks sitting at 7-6 and 6-7 after today.   Even if I lose both this week and next week, the odds favor me being in the 4/5 game.  

• Like 1

In my ESPN, which is a 2 QB league, I'm in first place and playing the guy in 2nd this week.  He has Hurts (Ugh) and I have Lamar (Triple Ugh).  Needless to say, it's not going well.  Thankfully, I have a 2-game cushion as well as a fairly comfortable points lead on him, so I have a good chance of holding onto the #1 seed.  

Since it is a 2 QB league, I'm carrying 4.  In addition to Lamar, I have Lawrence, Jimmy G, and thankfully picked up Huntley just this week as a handcuff for Lamar.  So, even if Lamar is out beyond this week, I have 3 healthy to absorb another injury.

But, the reality is if I'm running Lawrence out there as my QB1 and other people throw out Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, Burrow, etc., I'm starting out in a hole.  

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Seeking6.  In case you didn't notice it Wednesday, I did put a waiver claim in for the Cleveland D.  Of course, you got them.  I was frustrated at the time, but still never dreamed they would give you 30+

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate message. I hit submit but got logged out. Been going against Houston for weeks. Just glad I put up 170 or so with Kelce and Walker only chipping in 11 combined. Lucky week. 

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In my ESPN, which is a 2 QB league, I'm in first place and playing the guy in 2nd this week.  He has Hurts (Ugh) and I have Lamar (Triple Ugh).  Needless to say, it's not going well.  Thankfully, I have a 2-game cushion as well as a fairly comfortable points lead on him, so I have a good chance of holding onto the #1 seed.  

Since it is a 2 QB league, I'm carrying 4.  In addition to Lamar, I have Lawrence, Jimmy G, and thankfully picked up Huntley just this week as a handcuff for Lamar.  So, even if Lamar is out beyond this week, I have 3 healthy to absorb another injury.

But, the reality is if I'm running Lawrence out there as my QB1 and other people throw out Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, Burrow, etc., I'm starting out in a hole.  

Why the hell did I post the bolded.  Lawrence gets hurt, but thankfully comes back in.  Hopefully. it does not turn out to be something that results in him missing time once they are able to evaluate it further.  Jimmy G, of course, is done for the year.

There are literally only 3 QBs who we would expect to start next week on the waiver wire.

• Matt Ryan
  • Kyle Allen
  • Brock Purdy

That's a purdy bad trio for me to find a replacement for Jimmy G.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Any chance Olave outscores Godwin by 22 tonight?  

I would sell my soul to the devil, but I already did that with Wife #3.  And, she divorced me 666 days later.

I need Brady and Evans to not hit 44+ tonight in one league which happens to be my biggest $ league. I've complained on it here before ad nauseam but it's the old most points against/most points scored league.

Bucs under Brady haven't fared well vs Saints yards and points wise. I'm hoping for a phenomenal 20-17 game with rushing TD's from Kamara, White, Fournette,etc...which is why I just entered a lineup on Fanduel with Evans/Brady going off. If I lose I might as well win. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Who Dey!

If Joe Burrow does not win multiple Super Bowls, something is wrong.  He has 'it'.

He really does and love him for that...problem is he just might be in the league at the wrong time ala Miller/Malone/Ewing,etc...vs Jordan. 

I'm a Kelce guy so by default I'm a Mahomes guy but Burrow is right there with all of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

I think he's going to fall just a bit short of that.  He has 5.1 through 3 quarters.  

Ha agreed. 

Same league, Godwin staying under 4.4 the rest of the way would be great for my playoff hopes. It wouldn't quite clinch me a spot but I'd need a pretty awful showing points wise next week to miss. 

Let's take a look at the playoff scenarios headed into the last week of season

Champions League

Locks

Solid position based on both record & points

Should get in with win based on points

Likely need a Mr. Flynn loss, but points gap not impossible

Need win and both Mr. Flynn and Sagamore to lose

Key matchups

• Rico vs NotIThatLives
  • Mr. Flynn Vs KOB2011

image.png.19fdfcc97ca070d016f23074c7473366.png

• Like 3

To all,

Friendly reminder.  Even if you are already eliminated, or have a small chance to make the playoffs, please ensure that you field a full, competitive team this week.  This week's games still have playoff implications.  Don't let an open roster spot be the determining factor as to why one team gets in and another does not.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I usually don't look at anyone else's teams until I face them. I'll be a broken record again for the 3rd or so week in a row. No clue @Sagamorehow you have a 6-7 record. Maybe just bad timing with injuries and bye week?

You have a team similar to mine in another league. .500 record but wouldn't want to face in playoffs.

Too many Lions players is my excuse!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1