HSN Fantasy Football

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I assume Parris falls under the "usual suspects" category? 

In Fanduel kind of but not really. Biggest targets are JT, Najee, Pittman, both QB's....so PC fits the mold perfectly thank you! Ryan seems to target him quite a bit since his return. I'm going in on Mo Allie Cox tonight for a cheap play too. Same with Freiermuth because for some reason the Colts are almost dead last vs TE's.

Man the score between @5fouls and @Sagamore is almost a weekly occurrence in all of my leagues this year. Good teams that are 6-5 or 5-6 and you hang a big number only to either lose or sweat out a win. Had one last night where I thought 150.3 was good to go....and slowly but surely it ended up I won by 3.1.

Crazy year. Just making the playoffs is a chore sometimes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man the score between @5fouls and @Sagamore is almost a weekly occurrence in all of my leagues this year. Good teams that are 6-5 or 5-6 and you hang a big number only to either lose or sweat out a win. Had one last night where I thought 150.3 was good to go....and slowly but surely it ended up I won by 3.1.

Crazy year. Just making the playoffs is a chore sometimes.

In Week 1, I had the 2nd highest score in HSN Champions league, only to lose to @Sagamore.  Feels kind of good to somewhat turn the tables.

After the 1 o'clock games yesterday, I think Yahoo had me at something like a 15% chance to win.  Then, Josh Jacobs happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In Week 1, I had the 2nd highest score in HSN Champions league, only to lose to @Sagamore.  Feels kind of good to somewhat turn the tables.

After the 1 o'clock games yesterday, I think Yahoo had me at something like a 15% chance to win.  Then, Josh Jacobs happened.

Speaking of Josh Jacobs....next week Chargers at Raiders and Chiefs at Bengals. If anyone does Fanduel....start and end there with your lineups. Maybe a Jets/Vikings add on.

Fantasy numbers could be ridiculous next weekend for some teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Last week looked like a sure loss for me against @btownqb.  We completed a trade. He got Burrow and I got Kittle as part of it. Kittle goes off for 24 at the end and I win.

You're sitting in pretty good shape for the playoffs if you win 1 of the next 2.  At 7-7 record with points scored being the tiebreaker, you hold that tiebreaker on almost anyone else that could possibly end 7-7.  You win both and you're absolutely in.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PAHoosier said:

Man, I was feeling good about squeaking into the playoffs and making a run, with this last loss looks like my season is over

You win your next two and you are in good shape.  Someone will get in at 7-7 and you are sitting in a good spot points wise compared to the others who have a chance to end up 7-7.  the only one in that group that would likely out point you at 7-7 is KDB.  

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't really look at many others teams until I face them. With that said...how are you only 7-5 in our league? Bench might be thin but the starters look tough. Just bad luck? Or maybe byes played havoc?

Started out 0-3.  Bad luck early on.  Lost Week 1 despite having the second highest score.  Suffered through Russ as my QB until week 4 or 5 when I picked up Geno.  Took a few weeks for Olave to break out (I had B. Cooks as my RB2 to start the season).  My flex has been weak all year.  Drafted Mooney for that spot and have been trying to patch it ever since.

The two weeks I lost since the 0-3 start were just horrendous total team collapses where I scored less than 100 points.  And, in both of those I still had chances to win but Andrews got injured in 1st quarter in one and R. Moore got hurt on 2nd play of game in other (which coincided with Geno's bye and more Russ).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDB said:

Definitely got some momentum in HSN2.

4 straight wins to put me at 5-7 after being 1-7.

Lowest point total over the last 7 weeks is 143.58 - 2nd in the league in total points.

Close to a mirror of one my money leagues. I'm the most points scored as well as against guy. Hoping I can get to 7-7 and get in playoffs. I have 268 more points scored vs me in this league compared to the dude sitting at 10-2. Sickening. 

• Like 2

For those that follow this thread, but are not in the HSN2 league, I thought you might find this interesting as we are two weeks out from the playoffs. 

1 team clinched

1 team eliminated (what a loser that guy is)

10 teams still with a viable shot at the remaining 5 playoff spots,

image.png.de4841e8512988affc442eb2ad2c1fa4.png

Here are this week's matchups

image.png.c8ac40c4f305a45b076d63477ac210a7.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

For those that follow this thread, but are not in the HSN2 league, I thought you might find this interesting as we are two weeks out from the playoffs. 

1 team clinched

1 team eliminated (what a loser that guy is)

10 teams still with a viable shot at the remaining 5 playoff spots,

image.png.de4841e8512988affc442eb2ad2c1fa4.png

Here are this week's matchups

image.png.c8ac40c4f305a45b076d63477ac210a7.png

Could be just an odd year or parity in the league has been transferred to parity in fantasy as well. I have two other leagues that are almost identical to this. 1 dominant team, 1 that's been eliminated and 10 others that are 7-5 to 5-7 with 2 weeks to go. Don't recall it happening this much before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Could be just an odd year or parity in the league has been transferred to parity in fantasy as well. I have two other leagues that are almost identical to this. 1 dominant team, 1 that's been eliminated and 10 others that are 7-5 to 5-7 with 2 weeks to go. Don't recall it happening this much before.

It's an odd year. I just was a seller in my dynasty league at the trade deadline despite being 8-4....

6-6 team had the most points and traded for Kelce from someone else, so I sold Ekeler to another 6-6 team that was 2 points behind him. They both had like 200 points more than me despite me being 8-4 (my team oddly has the third best All Play record despite being somewhat middle of the pack in points) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's an odd year. I just was a seller in my dynasty league at the trade deadline despite being 8-4....

6-6 team had the most points and traded for Kelce from someone else, so I sold Ekeler to another 6-6 team that was 2 points behind him. They both had like 200 points more than me despite me being 8-4 (my team oddly has the third best All Play record despite being somewhat middle of the pack in points) 

I've never done dynasty leagues but are you guys all over people like Knighton, obviously White from earlier this year.....the other White (Raiders)...or even a guy like Ridley? Never been in one but would seem fun to buy the undervalued right now hoping a spot opens for full time role because of either free agency or just father time catching up with a guy. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never done dynasty leagues but are you guys all over people like Knighton, obviously White from earlier this year.....the other White (Raiders)...or even a guy like Ridley? Never been in one but would seem fun to buy the undervalued right now hoping a spot opens for full time role because of either free agency or just father time catching up with a guy. 

So this is the second one I've done, the first feel apart and turned backing a redraft league. It was pretty standard for what you'd expect; initial draft of your rosters, then rookie draft every year. I think that league had way too many roster spots personally and there was really nothing to force roster moves. We also did a snake for the rookie draft, which is incredibly dumb in a dynasty league.

I LOVE the dynasty I am in now. I took over a bad team and have rebuilt it to a pretty good team in year two. Our salary cap is $550. We have 20 roster spots, 2 IR spots, and 6 taxi squad spots. All free agency, both during the season and prior to the season, is done via auction and then we have a 3 round standard format rookie draft prior to the offseason free agency. You can trade draft picks up to the 3 seasons out.

Salary on each player jumps every year as follows:

• Greater of $40 or 50% increase on top player at each position
  • Greater of $20 or 40% increase for players 2-6 at each position
  • Greater of $5 or 20% increase for everyone else.

You can protect one player from increase, but it can't be a guy who was the top of his position. All players on taxi squads will have salaries adjusted back to prior year salary right before the off-season auction period. Only rookie's can be moved to taxi squad and you can only do it once (can't call them back and forth between active roster and taxi squad). Rookie's from the draft are assigned $5, $3, $1 depending on the round.

I managed to go 8-4 to this point and should still make the playoffs, but am set up SOOOO good for the next few years. Notable guys on current roster:

QB

Fields $10

RB

D. Cook $68

D. Peirce $3 (will move him to my taxi whenever I am eliminated) 

J. Williams $10 (traded Ekeler for him this week)

B. Robinson $1

Pacheco $15 (on taxi squad, leaving him there)

R. Penny $20

J. Ford $3 (on taxi squad)

WR

Olave $5 (can't move him to taxi squad)

London $5 (will move to taxi squad)

A Pierce $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

J. Williams $5 (will move to taxi squad)

G. Pickens $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

R. Moore $10

Justyn Ross $1 (can't move him - had him there earlier in the year, cut him to make room for other guys and just picked him back up for next year)

TE

Okonkwo $1 (on taxi squad)

Then I've got 3 of the top 15 or so draft picks for next year, and guys like Travis Kelce and Austin Ekeler (among a lot of others) should hit free agency. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn stoked about this team long term. 

To answer your original question, both White's and Ridley have been rostered the entire season in some form or fashion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

So this is the second one I've done, the first feel apart and turned backing a redraft league. It was pretty standard for what you'd expect; initial draft of your rosters, then rookie draft every year. I think that league had way too many roster spots personally and there was really nothing to force roster moves. We also did a snake for the rookie draft, which is incredibly dumb in a dynasty league.

I LOVE the dynasty I am in now. I took over a bad team and have rebuilt it to a pretty good team in year two. Our salary cap is $550. We have 20 roster spots, 2 IR spots, and 6 taxi squad spots. All free agency, both during the season and prior to the season, is done via auction and then we have a 3 round standard format rookie draft prior to the offseason free agency. You can trade draft picks up to the 3 seasons out.

Salary on each player jumps every year as follows:

• Greater of $40 or 50% increase on top player at each position
  • Greater of $20 or 40% increase for players 2-6 at each position
  • Greater of $5 or 20% increase for everyone else.

You can protect one player from increase, but it can't be a guy who was the top of his position. All players on taxi squads will have salaries adjusted back to prior year salary right before the off-season auction period. Only rookie's can be moved to taxi squad and you can only do it once (can't call them back and forth between active roster and taxi squad). Rookie's from the draft are assigned $5, $3, $1 depending on the round.

I managed to go 8-4 to this point and should still make the playoffs, but am set up SOOOO good for the next few years. Notable guys on current roster:

QB

Fields $10

RB

D. Cook $68

D. Peirce $3 (will move him to my taxi whenever I am eliminated) 

J. Williams $10 (traded Ekeler for him this week)

B. Robinson $1

Pacheco $15 (on taxi squad, leaving him there)

R. Penny $20

J. Ford $3 (on taxi squad)

WR

Olave $5 (can't move him to taxi squad)

London $5 (will move to taxi squad)

A Pierce $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

J. Williams $5 (will move to taxi squad)

G. Pickens $3 (can't move to taxi squad)

R. Moore $10

Justyn Ross $1 (can't move him - had him there earlier in the year, cut him to make room for other guys and just picked him back up for next year)

TE

Okonkwo $1 (on taxi squad)

Then I've got 3 of the top 15 or so draft picks for next year, and guys like Travis Kelce and Austin Ekeler (among a lot of others) should hit free agency. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn stoked about this team long term. 

To answer your original question, both White's and Ridley have been rostered the entire season in some form or fashion. 

Boy that seems fun. So a blend of guys you know will be good to great over next 3-4 years while trying to identify the next up and coming guy either at RB or WR or QB,etc.....what's a guy like Mike White going for? Or I guess what was a guy like Kenneth Walker (who I love in my fantasy leagues) going for say in August? Seems like a fun one and almost a year round league to keep an eye on things!

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Boy that seems fun. So a blend of guys you know will be good to great over next 3-4 years while trying to identify the next up and coming guy either at RB or WR or QB,etc.....what's a guy like Mike White going for? Or I guess what was a guy like Kenneth Walker (who I love in my fantasy leagues) going for say in August? Seems like a fun one and almost a year round league to keep an eye on things!

Well I just put in a blind bid for White so I'll have to let you know on that.

Kenneth Walker was third overall pick in the rookie draft. The guy that has him is tanking and he has first two picks next year and another first rounder, so he will be loaded. He's got decent WR and Watson and Trey Lance at QB, too.

Basically it's hard to be good for more than a few years unless you are proactively moving guys before they get too expensive and getting a ton of young assets, then repeat as those young assets get that way. 

Tons of fun!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I just put in a blind bid for White so I'll have to let you know on that.

Kenneth Walker was third overall pick in the rookie draft. The guy that has him is tanking and he has first two picks next year and another first rounder, so he will be loaded. He's got decent WR and Watson and Trey Lance at QB, too.

Basically it's hard to be good for more than a few years unless you are proactively moving guys before they get too expensive and getting a ton of young assets, then repeat as those young assets get that way. 

Tons of fun!

Is anyone already in on Zonovan Knight? All it took was a Carter ankle injury, Robinson being a healthy scratch last week and he's got a great matchup on the cheap this week. Just curious if there is a strategy to basically buy 5-6 RB's on the cheap each year knowing you could dump them all but if one hits it's worth it?

Regarding all fantasy players...good luck this weekend! Tons of fun games for fantasy. Jags/Lions, Chiefs/Bengals, Raiders/Chargers, Jets/Vikings....won't be any shortage of points. As of right now most games don't like weather will impact any.