HSN Fantasy Football

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone playing for titles today in our league and others! Biggest day of the year. The biggest question mark I see is Christian Watson so have a plan there. Sounds like no go for Jalen Hurts but Minshew showed he's capable.

Otherwise no weather issues.

I gotta roll without D Hop, Henry, and no way Chubb gets a normal workload. 🤣🤢

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Man this day so far. I think I'm going to go 1-1-2. Win my largest $ league, lose my next...and get 3rd in two others where I would have won title if not for last week. Fantasy problems at it's finest. 

Jefferson can catch a ball anytime though. Seriously. Should have known. Cousins on the spotlight game and he sucks as usual.

I'm kind of glad I did not make the championship in HSN.  I would be really pissed considering the performance I got from Barkley am getting from Jefferson.

Also have Jefferson in my ESPN league.  It's a 2-week Championship, but I'm going to be way behind going into next week.  At leastt most of my key players will have something to play for and won't be sitting out.  

I was never going to win today if @dgambill performed well. 29 from Moore and 8 from Waddle is a big difference overall. Congrats. 

Back to back 2nds for me... 

@Seeking6 you had the best team, imo... but, you should not have been able to get Walker in waivers🤣🤣.. that was a big boost. But, admittedly, I was sitting at 8-2 or 8-3 and was second in points... 

I made some moves to try and be able to match up with you... idk if I would have made all those moves had this been a money league (take my 2nd place money and run, type thing)... anyways.. great league again. 

I would like to mention between this league the last 2 years and my money league.. I have 4 top 4 finishes in the league and 4 championship appearances in the playoffs. I'm pleased with that. Again, I think you all are very good at fantasy. 

I hope my trade requests to some of you don't annoy you. I truly just put feelers out sometimes. It's not a disrespect thing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was never going to win today if @dgambill performed well. 29 from Moore and 8 from Waddle is a big difference overall. Congrats. 

Back to back 2nds for me... 

@Seeking6 you had the best team, imo... but, you should not have been able to get Walker in waivers🤣🤣.. that was a big boost. But, admittedly, I was sitting at 8-2 or 8-3 and was second in points... 

I made some moves to try and be able to match up with you... idk if I would have made all those moves had this been a money league (take my 2nd place money and run, type thing)... anyways.. great league again. 

I would like to mention between this league the last 2 years and my money league.. I have 4 top 4 finishes in the league and 4 championship appearances in the playoffs. I'm pleased with that. Again, I think you all are very good at fantasy. 

I hope my trade requests to some of you don't annoy you. I truly just put feelers out sometimes. It's not a disrespect thing. 

Great year for you guys and all fun! Injuries and bad luck sometimes are the decision makers in fantasy. I'm watching one right now where all I need was 8.7 from Jefferson and good to go....now I have to sweat out a Tyler Bass night. Such is life in the dumb little game we play. 

Congrats again to you @btownqbon another successful year and @dgambill on the league win. Will fire it back up again next year! As always thanks to @5fouls for running our stuff!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Great year for you guys and all fun! Injuries and bad luck sometimes are the decision makers in fantasy. I'm watching one right now where all I need was 8.7 from Jefferson and good to go....now I have to sweat out a Tyler Bass night. Such is life in the dumb little game we play. 

Congrats again to you @btownqbon another successful year and @dgambill on the league win. Will fire it back up again next year! As always thanks to @5fouls for running our stuff!

It’s not over yet. Burrow could easily put up 40 pts and Buffalo get shut down or have Singletary run the ball in. Only takes one injury. I don’t think I earned much this year. I have exactly one player I started the season by drafting. Everyone else was acquired by waivers and some trades. So certainly not my best work. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Also... have Waddle with a backup QB at NE 🤣🤣🤣

3rd string back up…😣 yeah that hurt. Still work to be done tomorrow night. I’ve watched Allen and Diggs cool off down the stretch so nothing is given. Especially with a more than capable Burrow who has been hot. Injuries like in real life hace played a part for sure. Crazy thing I’ve watched guys squander points all day and could have put this out of reach. First my kicker than as crazy as it sounds Mcaffrey probably got about the least amount of points as he could have today. How many times he led them down to the goal line to have TDs vultured. Certainly left me to sweat it out tomorrow night depite my good fortune with your best dudes out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

It’s not over yet. Burrow could easily put up 40 pts and Buffalo get shut down or have Singletary run the ball in. Only takes one injury. I don’t think I earned much this year. I have exactly one player I started the season by drafting. Everyone else was acquired by waivers and some trades. So certainly not my best work. 

I think it was last year week 17 where Chase had like 50+ points vs Chiefs. Crazier things happen....and no I don't believe for a second this is a coincidence that 2 years in a row the biggest offenses are playing vs each other. NFL knows what week 17 is to fantasy. I mean on paper they probably thought Chargers/Rams, Raiders/49ers, Broncos/Chiefs, Packers/Vikings....were all going to be shootouts too.

PS for my Justin Jefferson brethren. It just sucks. He's still top 5 pick next year in any format but that one hurt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So uh.... what are we doing about our fantasy? Bengals/Bills isn't getting played, at least for now. 

It appears Yahoo is considering the partial game results to be 'final'.  Not sure we can do much of anything if they don't open things back up.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

It appears Yahoo is considering the partial game results to be 'final'.  Not sure we can do much of anything if they don't open things back up.  

Holy cow lol 

what a terrible route. I have no problem losing, honestly, I don't. If we decide Dgambill wins, no issue with that...but that is pretty clearly NOT the best decision. 

Apparently it won't be played this week and unknown after that.

Yahoo should just consider it done for fantasy purposes (like both entire teams got hit with an injury at that point in the game).  

I doubt Bills nor Bengals will want to play a midweek game right before the playoffs start.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Apparently it won't be played this week and unknown after that.

Yahoo should just consider it done for fantasy purposes (like both entire teams got hit with an injury at that point in the game).  

I doubt Bills nor Bengals will want to play a midweek game right before the playoffs start.

If I had money in this..  there's no way I could agree. 

• Like 1

Been doing a combination of letting owners in title game decide what's best, split the $....or in one case they settled at a fair proportion based on projections,etc...one guy had Allen and Diggs vs Burrow (like our league) but projections clearly placed Allen and Diggs to win by 20+.  

No good way I guess besides compromise.

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If I had money in this..  there's no way I could agree. 

Going on across the country right now....I have 3 other money leagues all impacted. Everyone is trying to either split or chop or give proportionate amount to what the projections would have been. 

Probably need to say this in other thread but NFL needs to figure out a way to either finish the game, call it a tie or whatever....shoot in my confidence picking pool here's the scenario. Leader chose Buffalo at 1, 2nd place chose Cincy at 9, I'm in 3rd and chose Buffalo at 1.......Cincy guy right now lost the chance to get his 9 points.

No clue what the best answer is in all of this.....in terms of leagues and contests.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Going on across the country right now....I have 3 other money leagues all impacted. Everyone is trying to either split or chop or give proportionate amount to what the projections would have been. 

Probably need to say this in other thread but NFL needs to figure out a way to either finish the game, call it a tie or whatever....shoot in my confidence picking pool here's the scenario. Leader chose Buffalo at 1, 2nd place chose Cincy at 9, I'm in 3rd and chose Buffalo at 1.......Cincy guy right now lost the chance to get his 9 points.

No clue what the best answer is in all of this.....in terms of leagues and contests.

Week 18 championship is the only logical conclusion. 

• Like 1