5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The timing... 

Big Blue Madness was last weekend...

Hoosier Hysteria is the same day as the announcement...

If you were Boogie, and you had ANY modicum of respect for Mike Woodson, would you announce UK before our big day? That'd be kind of a kick in the marbles, wouldn't it? 

In Woody I trust... 

Amen To That I Second The Motion GIF - Amen To That I Second The Motion  Agreed - Discover & Share GIFs

It’s 50/50. I don’t think anyone knows other than Boogie and his circle if a decision has been made. Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Chris Fisher is UK’s main guy on 247 and he said his gut says Indiana for Boogie. Which is still just a gut feel. The only notable person to give a hint either way is Trilly with the odds which gave us the slight edge and this tweet that I think people are forgetting about:IMG_4497.thumb.jpeg.b908ea03a3d471e7969774ba1e22dfc6.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Coaches may have given their final pitch to Boogie, but Liam McNeeley has not!  Make the call, and go get him Liam!!

And think about this Boogie announced he will make his commitment literally the day after Liam announces he’s going to IU. 1. He wanted to make sure where he picked and 2. He wanted to respect Liam and not steal any of his thunder. To me those are both good signs. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, KDB said:

It’s 50/50. I don’t think anyone knows other than Boogie and his circle if a decision has been made. Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Chris Fisher is UK’s main guy on 247 and he said his gut says Indiana for Boogie. Which is still just a gut feel. The only notable person to give a hint either way is Trilly with the odds which gave us the slight edge and this tweet that I think people are forgetting about:IMG_4497.thumb.jpeg.b908ea03a3d471e7969774ba1e22dfc6.jpeg

I don't speak rap. I also don't decipher well... wtf does this mean? 

I have not one clue what the lyrics are of this song lol 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't speak rap. I also don't decipher well... wtf does this mean? 

I have not one clue how what the lyrics are this song lol 

The song is by Liam Payne featuring A Boogie.

Trilly drops hints using stuff like this all the time.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

And think about this Boogie announced he will make his commitment literally the day after Liam announces he’s going to IU. 1. He wanted to make sure where he picked and 2. He wanted to respect Liam and not steal any of his thunder. To me those are both good signs. 

Well his coach also got back that day so

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Chris over at BTown Banners has walked back his nearly IU lock prediction closer to a 50/50 chance citing Jasper Johnson's decision to not re-classify as more ammo for UK.

My personal opinion is that he wants to go to UK but knows in his head IU is the better fit/opportunity. 

We'll know more Friday. 

With all due respect, I can't agree with this possible decision making...... Making a huge decision such as this, you have to know, that you know where you are going, even if it is at the 11th hour. It's even logical that recruit just can't decide because he may love both..... If he wants to go to UK, then he goes to UK. He will get national attention and opportunity at either school. I don't know,....we will find out soon enough....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

I think Boogies camp is now squeezing the lemon. Trying to get the last bit of NIL he can. Don’t blame him. This might be why both sides feel confident. This might have developed after Johnson said no to reclassifying. Boogie knows he can use that. 

Boogie comes across as an intelligent adult, I sure hope he isn’t just trying to squeeze dimes!! He should be considering the intangibles like how many NBA players, former players of a different staff and players who transferred out are coming back to train with current IU staff!

image.thumb.png.2dbd1d8a711c1a6f7de4330ef99a43e8.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Boogie comes across as an intelligent adult, I sure hope he isn’t just trying to squeeze dimes!! He should be considering the intangibles like how many NBA players, former players of a different staff and players who transferred out are coming back to train with current IU staff!

image.thumb.png.2dbd1d8a711c1a6f7de4330ef99a43e8.png

One doesn’t have anything to do with the other. He can have both. I think he’s made his decision he’s just using his short lived last minute leverage. I would too.

• Like 1

When businessmen negotiate for the best possible outcome, we call it smart. If young adults do it, we call it selfish, misguided, etc. 

Whether Boogie is or is not doing some last minute negotiating (which is pure speculation) is, frankly, none of my business nor does not warp my perception of him. As much as I hate UK, he will have a bright future no matter which school he chooses. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yes, Liam's recruiting too..... Of course, it's awesome to hear things are "heavily in our favor", ect.  However, I NEVER felt he was a lock or done deal until he officially said "It's IU"!  JMO

Actually, not until he SIGNS on the dotted line IMHO. But saying “ it’s IU makes almost a done deal.