5-star guard Boogie Fland Commits to Kentucky

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Nascarlover432 is a legend…joking aside whoever he has predicted the last 4-5 recruits correctly 

Well that’s good news. Also not to get off topic but I think Trilly played for or coached with Billy Donovan. He posted something he got made and it was a custom Florida Gators basketball court.

37 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Didn't we go down this rabbit hole to no avail during the Ledlum recruitment? 

That was a weird situation. Ledlum committed to IU while on his visit more or less and then changed his mind before he announced after going on the Tennessee visit 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

That was a weird situation. Ledlum committed to IU while on his visit more or less and then changed his mind before he announced after going on the Tennessee visit 

And Trey Kaufman supposedly had a silent verbal to IU. Just because posters say it happened doesn't mean that it did. It's also possible Ledlum is just the type of person who tells others what they want to hear. In the end, he never publicly announced for IU so what may or may not have happened behind closed doors doesn't matter too much.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

nascarlover on BTB is nascar Steve from Twitter/X too. He has said that he has some legit sources even though his Twitter/X profile isn’t the most reliable looking thing out there lol.

Yeah first glance at that Twitter handle name and I’d think the opposite of what he says lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I guess the time has come. 

I WILL NOT GET MY HOPES TOO HIGH. 

Pretty sure I said it already but just to be sure!

Yes please!

• Like 2

Just for S&G I perused Rupp Rafters yesterday.  In the Boogie thread I saw a post lamenting the arrival of NIL and how Mark Cuban could just a check.  I guess it would make they'd long for the "good ol' days" when they got recruits "The UK way" - by sending stacks of bill$ in a Emory packet....😏

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Just for S&G I perused Rupp Rafters yesterday.  In the Boogie thread I saw a post lamenting the arrival of NIL and how Mark Cuban could just a check.  I guess it would make they'd long for the "good ol' days" when they got recruits "The UK way" - by sending stacks of bill$ in a Emory packet....😏

Looking through it yesterday, they know...They know now that the field is level Cal doesn't have a heck of a lot to pitch.

The state of Kentucky doesn't generate much D1 talent (nor does Kansas for that matter) so selling state loyalty doesn't work... If anyone can cite the advantages of Lawrence or Lexington over anyplace not named West Lafayette or Champaign, I'm listening ...

Once they saw Cal was more of a conduit for 5 stars to the NBA rather than some Svengali of talent development, a lot of the fans turned on him, and recruits started looking elsewhere...

If they'd get their NIL game head and shoulders above everybody else, that might make a difference, but rusted Folger's cans filled with pennies, dimes, and nickels (and the occasional washer :) ) ain't gonna cut it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Writers are cringe, but here's one of UKs. He states above this post "The only player I don't see Kentucky standing a chance to get on this list is Boogie Fland." 

And then he proceeds to make the tweet here that I posted.  

"if John Calipari wants to work his magic"

Magic Fail GIF - Magic Fail Siblings - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I was always under the impression that Cuban wouldn’t participate in NIL 1) because of his frustrations with the NCAA and 2) because of his affiliation in the NBA and conflict of interest. Has that changed or is this just UK fans looking for any excuse not to believe that Woodson is the real deal?

17 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I was always under the impression that Cuban wouldn’t participate in NIL 1) because of his frustrations with the NCAA and 2) because of his affiliation in the NBA and conflict of interest. Has that changed or is this just UK fans looking for any excuse not to believe that Woodson is the real deal?

I thought he couldn't due to potential NBA conflicts with players once they opt for the draft.