NCAAF/National Scene

rico

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm sure a ref or two hunting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties will get in their way. 

I got into a good discussion with a big PU fan and he always complains that most IU fans didn't go to IU and that most PU fans are alum. I told him because the only way anyone could like PU is the fact they paid a lot of money to go there. Anyone not an alumni is smart enough to know that everyone else( that's aware of PU)  hates PU

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I got into a good discussion with a big PU fan and he always complains that most IU fans didn't go to IU and that most PU fans are alum. I told him because the only way anyone could like PU is the fact they paid a lot of money to go there. Anyone not an alumni is smart enough to know that everyone else( that's aware of PU)  hates PU

I didn't go to IU. I got accepted but chose elsewhere for mostly financial reasons. But, I participated in a lot of IU related stuff and have been going/listening to games pretty much my whole life. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I didn't go to IU. I got accepted but chose elsewhere for mostly financial reasons. But, I participated in a lot of IU related stuff and have been going/listening to games pretty much my whole life. 

To me just because you attended an University doesn't make you a bigger or better fan.  I grew up where I knew a lot of older farmers who never attended IU and are some of the bigger IU fans that I have ever met.  I am sure some people who attended IU from out of state had no clue about IU sports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me just because you attended an University doesn't make you a bigger or better fan.  I grew up where I knew a lot of older farmers who never attended IU and are some of the bigger IU fans that I have ever met.  I am sure some people who attended IU from out of state had no clue about IU sports.

My dad took some classes there.  Family just couldn't afford it even back then. He bled cream and crimson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Some news from the West. Illinois has rolled everyone they’ve played except 1 team. Was that win better than we initially thought?

Undoubtedly, and the B10 West is entirely up for grabs.

2 of our 3 wins are against team who already have winning records this year, and dollars to donuts Idaho will by the end of the year, too.

WKU plays Auburn toward the end of the season. That'll be one to watch.

18 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Undoubtedly, and the B10 West is entirely up for grabs.

2 of our 3 wins are against team who already have winning records this year, and dollars to donuts Idaho will by the end of the year, too.

WKU plays Auburn toward the end of the season. That'll be one to watch.

I wonder if that Auburn coach will still be around when the Hilltoppers come to play?  And if he is, will losing to WKU cost him his job?