NCAAF/National Scene

rico

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I coached middle school football in the early 80's in Columbus, IN. I can tell you that my black players were terrified when we played in Martinsville, and I had to make sure that they always were with a group when going to the bathroom or whatever. At that level, there was no monitoring what the teams did. At the high school level, with state rankings and media coverage, this wasn't a problem.

Glad to hear that things have changed there. Sorry it took so long though.

A lot of the paranoia towards Martinsville stems from the murder of Carol Jenkins.

After years of rumors that the Martinsville Police knew who it was and wouldn't arrest them, 30 years after the fact it was found to be 2 Indianapolis men who killed her...

Not saying Martinsville is squeaky clean when it come to race relations, but I lived in a few towns in southern Indiana that had the same issues... 

• Like 1

Wisconsin's fired coach Chryst accepts an $11 million buyout.  Less than the $18 to $20 million his contract stipulated.

Speculation is the $11 million is his no matter what, while the larger amount would have been offset by future employment.

His new contract (before he was fired) had 4 more years to go, at $5 million per year.

Edit:  he was the first Wisconsin head football coach to be fired in 33 years.  His 72% win percentage is second all-time. 

Edited by Madison22

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Wisconsin's fired coach Chryst accepts an $11 million buyout.  Less than the $18 to $20 million his contract stipulated.

Speculation is the $11 million is his no matter what, while the larger amount would have been offset by future employment.

His new contract (before he was fired) had 4 more years to go, at $5 million per year.

Edit:  he was the first Wisconsin head football coach to be fired in 33 years.  His 72% win percentage is second all-time. 

The new AD clearly wants to make his own mark on the program 

8 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Either more behind the scenes here or Chryst already has another job

7 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That is an unacceptable slight. Only a few of those guys I take over a healthy Penix with a solid line and offensive weapons.

I am pretty sure it was CBS that only a couple of weeks back had a write up projecting Penix as a 1st round pick.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rico said:

I am pretty sure it was CBS that only a couple of weeks back had a write up projecting Penix as a 1st round pick.  

It would be great for him if that were to be the case after this season, but I have a feeling NFL teams are going to want to see him get another season in injury free.  I believe he has one more season of eligibility left, correct?

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

It would be great for him if that were to be the case after this season, but I have a feeling NFL teams are going to want to see him get another season in injury free.  I believe he has one more season of eligibility left, correct?

I do believe he has another year left.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Saw Levis screwed up his foot and didn’t play, but with that UK OL play yesterday, yikes

Yep..they’ve suffered a lot of injuries and  like most non Georgia/Alabama/OSU they don’t have the depth (at least with veterans) to sustain a high level of play with those key injuries.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep..they’ve suffered a lot of injuries and  like most non Georgia/Alabama/OSU they don’t have the depth (at least with veterans) to sustain a high level of play with those key injuries.

Their OL was completely healthy and still gave up like 7-8 sacks to worse SEC pass rush team

Edited by Hoosierfan1901