NCAAF/National Scene

rico

On 10/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, Seeking6 said:

I don't follow the Irish closely but did Kelly's recruiting fall off really bad last year or 2? I'm sure the locals are saying all the right things about it takes time,etc....but some of their losses are just bad. Time will tell if Freeman is next big thing or is he the next Archie Miller? Where everyone says he just needs a platform?

I think the cupboard wasn’t bare but injuries to the receiving core left the offense without any teeth. They still don’t have an elite qb…I mean come on how can you not be able to develop a qb with the national recruiting and resources of ND? All they have is a great TE. I knew they would struggle this year but not this bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think the cupboard wasn’t bare but injuries to the receiving core left the offense without any teeth. They still don’t have an elite qb…I mean come on how can you not be able to develop a qb with the national recruiting and resources of ND? All they have is a great TE. I knew they would struggle this year but not this bad.

The Irish dipped into the portal to get a starting QB last year.  

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

They have the #3 class coming in next year (we'll see if that makes it to February) and currently the #1 class in '24 (which means even less this far out), so you may be hearing from them again before long. 

They had the #7 class this year.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

College football games average 3 and a half hours.  Pro, 3 hours.  We know that college stops the clock for each first down.  There are other reasons:

https://www.stack.com/a/why-are-college-football-games-taking-so-long/

The ok. St game started at 3:30 and now at 7:42 the game is still going on

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought this was a pretty good post I found on another site about teams in the CFP picture:

After eight weeks, I've got 19 teams that can claim at least some measure of CFP contention.

Unbeatens:
1. Georgia (7-0), next vs. Florida
2. Ohio State (7-0), next @ Penn State
3. Tennessee (7-0), next vs. UK
4. Michigan (7-0), next vs. Michigan State
5. Clemson (8-0), next @ Notre Dame
6. TCU (7-0), next @ WVU

One-loss teams with a realistic path:
1. Alabama (7-1), next @ LSU
2. Ole Miss (7-1), next @ Texas A&M
3. Oregon (6-1), next @ Cal
4. Oklahoma State (6-1), next @ Kansas State
5. UCLA (6-1), next vs. Stanford
6. USC (6-1), next @ Arizona
7. Penn State (6-1), next vs. Ohio State

One-loss basketball schools that are giant long shots but included here for the fun of it:
1. Illinois (6-1), next @ Nebraska
2. North Carolina (6-1), next vs. Pitt
3. Wake Forest (6-1), next @ Louisville
4. Syracuse (6-1), next vs. Notre Dame

Two-loss teams that probably ought not to be completely ruled out yet:
1. Utah (5-2), next @ Washington State
2. LSU (6-2), next vs. Alabama

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Don't hear a lot of talk about Rocky Top. Offense is silly good. They're trending eerily similar to our basketball program. Marginally above avg first season and then explode in the 2nd year. 

I mentioned on here UT was a sleeping giant. 

Their offense is stellar. Would be fun to see them against last year's Georgia defense. Up to this point, I think they've been the second best team in the country behind Ohio State. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Their offense is stellar. Would be fun to see them against last year's Georgia defense. Up to this point, I think they've been the second best team in the country behind Ohio State. 

comparing schedules and wins. UT has a pretty clear advantage there. 

Beat Bama

Beat LSU on the road .... both of those wins are quite a bit better than any team OSU has beaten, though OSU has won some style points. 

• Like 1