NCAAF/National Scene

rico

On 10/14/2022 at 3:37 PM, Seeking6 said:

Man. I know I'll be watching IU game but that scene in Knoxville tomorrow vs Bama is going to be awesome. Might have to pull out the old 2 TV's tomorrow.

Girl I grew up with married some country singer guy from 80's and they are already there for game. Tailgating on the river. I know Bama is everyone's Super Bowl but I can't remember how long it's been since I've been pulling this hard for the Vols. 

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/1581443966532100097?cxt=HHwWgoCllZS6tfIrAAAA

• Like 1

NW, like IU, is another program that can't sustain success. 

In the midst of a 1-5 start and a 1-11 stretch over its last 12 games, the ceiling is beginning to crack for Northwestern football.

Many had been banking on a loaded 2023 recruiting class, ranked 26th nationally by 247Sports, to provide a semblance of optimism for the program. Yet, even over their bye week, the hits just kept coming for the Wildcats.

Four-star defensive lineman Ashton Porter, who committed to NU on June 11, announced his decision to decommit early Sunday morning via Twitter.

https://www.insidenu.com/2022/10/16/23407086/breaking-four-star-dl-ashton-porter-decommits-from-northwestern

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rico said:

I don't follow the Irish closely but did Kelly's recruiting fall off really bad last year or 2? I'm sure the locals are saying all the right things about it takes time,etc....but some of their losses are just bad. Time will tell if Freeman is next big thing or is he the next Archie Miller? Where everyone says he just needs a platform?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't follow the Irish closely but did Kelly's recruiting fall off really bad last year or 2? I'm sure the locals are saying all the right things about it takes time,etc....but some of their losses are just bad. Time will tell if Freeman is next big thing or is he the next Archie Miller? Where everyone says he just needs a platform?

It would appear that Kelly left the cupboard somewhat bare.  And yes, 2 of their losses are just bad but they did beat North Carolina.  ND fans I know are restless.

• Like 1